Page 124 of 127 FirstFirst ... 2474114120121122123124125126127 LastLast
Results 1,846 to 1,860 of 1897
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nevets View Post
    Great ad! What a suspense!

Extraordinary Member

Back in the mid-2000s when Logan was on every X-team and Avengers team, I thought it was stupid they never put out an Alpha Flight book and kept him on it.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    I kind of want a new ongoing in 2021....yeah, you know what I'm manifesting it.
    Yupp. I'm lighting the candles as we speak.

I'm glad Northstar and Aurora have a place on X-Factor, Wildchild in Hellions, and Shaman is guesting in Strange Academy but...I would still read a book with Talisman, Snowbird, Sasquatch, Puck, Marrina, Madison, Bochs, Purple Girl, Goblin, Heather and Guardian.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    As long as Talisman is on the team.
    motion seconded . insert gavel thump here

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Yupp. I'm lighting the candles as we speak.

I'm glad Northstar and Aurora have a place on X-Factor, Wildchild in Hellions, and Shaman is guesting in Strange Academy but...I would still read a book with Talisman, Snowbird, Sasquatch, Puck, Marrina, Madison, Bochs, Purple Girl, Goblin, Heather and Guardian.
    maple syrup scented?

exactly! what a cast and they're mostly just kind of chilling in limbo .. over it .

has anyone ever proposed "Avengers: Canada" for Avengers-adjacent branding?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    has anyone ever proposed "Avengers: Canada" for Avengers-adjacent branding?
    No, because that would take away Alpha Flight's uniqueness. Not every team needs to have the Avengers stamp on it to be relevant. Marvel --- creatives and editorial alike --- just needs to give a damn about expanding the setting beyond "Avengers."
    The spider is always on the hunt.

would make for a great conflict in an Avengers v Alpha Flight mini series. They've already done most of the other hero-group battles, why not?

and now the rumors again of MCU development. In the original team, you had a mixture of tech heroes, science-accident heroes, mutants, and magic. Lots of diverse backstories. I'd prefer to see it explored in a television format even if it's six to 10 episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    would make for a great conflict in an Avengers v Alpha Flight mini series. They've already done most of the other hero-group battles, why not?

and now the rumors again of MCU development. In the original team, you had a mixture of tech heroes, science-accident heroes, mutants, and magic. Lots of diverse backstories. I'd prefer to see it explored in a television format even if it's six to 10 episodes.
    Yeah, considering that Jason Aaron's been setting up a global superhuman arms race in his current Avengers run, Alpha Flight dropping into the mix representing Canada could yield some interesting interactions and developments. As for Alpha Flight getting an MCU adaptation, I'd be more than cool with seeing that as a TV series on Disney+.

Astonishing Member

Alpha Flight has several obscure characters I wished Marvel would expand on. St. Elmo, Stitch, Feedback, Goblyn, Witchfire, Windshear, Nemesis and Ghost Girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Their popularity doesn't justify it, I'd guess. The only notable run the book ever had was the first couple years of Byrne issues.
    I am afraid I have to agree with you. I was really disappointed when Bill Mantlo took over. Not because it was him, but I had the sense he was no getting some characters and changed/retcon them on some levels. It was like Larry Hama taking over Scott Lobdell with Generation X : he kinda retconed Monet, Penance and the twins... Anyway, Bill Mantlo had some ideas I enjoyed. Like... weird ideas. I mean, Walter's mind trapped in a woman's body? That was kinda fun to read imo. But for weird good, there was also weird bad. Like the twins being actually half elfes...

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Alpha Flight has several obscure characters I wished Marvel would expand on. St. Elmo, Stitch, Feedback, Goblyn, Witchfire, Windshear, Nemesis and Ghost Girl.
    Agreed. And now the mutants in that list should be Krakoan.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post

Great ad! What a suspense!
    That ad was what got me reading Alpha Flight. I will never forget seeing it on the back of the Fantastic Four comic that I was reading at the time. My brother and I had fun betting on who was going to die. Neither one of us predicted it!

Speaking of Alpha Flight . . . as of the last issue of the Ravencroft miniseries, a new clandestine organization called JANUS has risen up, and James MacDonald Hudson is one of its leaders. I wonder where that'll lead.

Looks like the Alpha Flight name is free to return to Canada's superteam, and I'm pretty happy about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Looks like the Alpha Flight name is free to return to Canada's superteam, and I'm pretty happy about it.
    You mean, what happened in Empyre Aftermath: Avengers? Because Brand did raise some good points about superhero teams like the Avengers and Fantastic Four acting like an elite class with no regard for the concerns or input of others perceived as "beneath them." That said, if Alpha Flight does return to Canada, James Hudson's got some explaining to do about JANUS, I would think.