Page 126 of 127 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127 LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,890 of 1897
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Those are lovely. Snowbird is my favourite. I Just wish their heads were in proportion to their bodies.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ogrebear View Post

How do you think the Alpha Flight team might have developed if James Hudson had not died..?

Not OC with the comic, but IC in 616 pls.
    Such brilliant and innovative storytelling. There only a few artists who take such care and interest in page design and layout as an important part of the story.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Such brilliant and innovative storytelling. There only a few artists who take such care and interest in page design and layout as an important part of the story.
    Oh yes. Byrne is second to none when it comes to storytelling and every single issue of his Alpha Flight run was a little gem.

Persuasion will be On the new Thunderbolts team!!

133EB875-22E0-416B-BF83-6282EA59167E.jpg
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Persuasion will be On the new Thunderbolts team!!

133EB875-22E0-416B-BF83-6282EA59167E.jpg
    Should be interesting. Guessing she wants to redeem herself from that stint in the last Alpha Flight series when she went bad thanks to the so-called Master of the World.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

I wonder if Orchis infiltrated Alpha Flight or mutants of Alpha Flight infiltrated Orchis as per Hickman in the current era.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    I wonder if Orchis infiltrated Alpha Flight or mutants of Alpha Flight infiltrated Orchis as per Hickman in the current era.
    So hard to tell. Different writers have had very different views on Mac's stance, or even Heathers, so it could go either way.

I would like to think, given his long years with Logan, and his recruitment of other mutants like Northstar and Aurora, as well as Beta and Gamma Flight members like Madison Jeffries, Diamond Lil, Smart Alec, Flashback, Persuasion, Pathway, Goblyn, Manikin, etc. has a more nuanced view on mutants in general (since he pretty much single-handedly oversaw the Canadian direction of recruiting native mutants to a national super-team, rather than any of the less fun solutions taken in the US (like Sentinels or Osbourne's Initiative). Sort of trying for a 'if we have one hand on the wheel' approach where he can get a seat on the council to at least have a heads up what threats are coming down the pike from Orchis to *his* mutant allies, if not necessarily mutantkind as a people.

Just listing them all out like that, and not even counting others mutants introduced in Alpha Flight books, like Stitch or Auric, Silver and Jade Dragon (or legacy characters introduced later, like Flashback's kids, the Monroe twins), there could be one hell of a Canadian X-Men team!

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    So hard to tell. Different writers have had very different views on Mac's stance, or even Heathers, so it could go either way.

I would like to think, given his long years with Logan, and his recruitment of other mutants like Northstar and Aurora, as well as Beta and Gamma Flight members like Madison Jeffries, Diamond Lil, Smart Alec, Flashback, Persuasion, Pathway, Goblyn, Manikin, etc. has a more nuanced view on mutants in general (since he pretty much single-handedly oversaw the Canadian direction of recruiting native mutants to a national super-team, rather than any of the less fun solutions taken in the US (like Sentinels or Osbourne's Initiative). Sort of trying for a 'if we have one hand on the wheel' approach where he can get a seat on the council to at least have a heads up what threats are coming down the pike from Orchis to *his* mutant allies, if not necessarily mutantkind as a people.

Just listing them all out like that, and not even counting others mutants introduced in Alpha Flight books, like Stitch or Auric, Silver and Jade Dragon (or legacy characters introduced later, like Flashback's kids, the Monroe twins), there could be one hell of a Canadian X-Men team!
    Mac did join Orchis in the wake of the mutants terraforming Mars into a new homeworld for the people of Arrako, at Henry Peter Gyrich's persuasion, no less, though he balked at Gyrich's idea or plot to drop S.W.O.R.D.'s abandoned Peak station (or let it fall) on Earth to cause mass death that Orchis could then spin to the public as the fault of the mutants and thereby take advantage of the ensuing grief and anger among the survivors to amplify preexisting anti-mutant sentiment to the point of mass support for open warfare on the mutant nation of Krakoa --- with Orchis as the spearhead. Of course, this was also the issue of S.W.O.R.D. where Gyrich (finally) died, as Abigail Brand, who had been secretly collaborating with Orchis all along, had him tossed out the airlock for being too incompetent and inefficient at antagonizing the mutants and thus a liability to her own plans for dealing with Krakoa's leadership. That aside, I could see Mac staying on the inside and secretly funneling information on Orchis's plans to Wolverine/Logan, reasoning that he could still trust Logan's judgment and good intentions even if he doubted the overall judgment and intentions of Krakoa's leadership . . . and if he were to find out about Brand . . .
    Last edited by Huntsman Spider; 04-18-2022 at 02:28 PM.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

are all the 80s and 90s members accounted for in 2022? who all is still alive?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    are all the 80s and 90s members accounted for in 2022? who all is still alive?
    The original roster is all alive, plus Jeffries and Marrina. Diamond Lil hasn't been seen, but she's presumably been resurrected on Krakoa. Wild Child was in Hellions, Windshear's made a few appearances, Jim Zub's going to be writing Kara in Thunderbolts. Not sure about Laura and Goblyn. Earthmover is apparently still alive, but hasn't been seen since v.3, so far as I know. I think most of the v.2 characters are still alive, while most of the v.3 characters are dead - Yukon Jack might still be bumping around. Stitch cameoed in the Marauders annual. Joanne Beaubier aka "Alpha Flight's smallest member" is in the resurrection queue. Can't think of any others off the top of my head.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post

I'd love to see all of these characters on Krakoa and in a new book!

Especially Flashback and family.

Marrina should be classified as a Plodex mutant.

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

As Aurora is on Marauders and Guardian on ORCHIS, as they would ll have to be mutants, I would have a Krakoa AF team with;

Northstar
    Windshear (miss that guy)
    Birdy
    Wildchild
    Madison Jeffries
    Radius

There must be a female Canadian X-student, right?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

I assume the All-New Wolverine would count. But Laura's currently on the main X-Men team.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    As Aurora is on Marauders and Guardian on ORCHIS, as they would ll have to be mutants, I would have a Krakoa AF team with;

Northstar
    Windshear (miss that guy)
    Birdy
    Wildchild
    Madison Jeffries
    Radius

Persuasion, Pathway, Goblyn, and Ghost Girl.
    My flag is bacon.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Maybe if Ghost Girl would finally be revealed as a mutant.

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura