Page 13 of 127 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    I actually enjoyed the craziness of volume 3. Sure, it had very little to do with the team I liked, but, overall, I found it quite fun. The art, aws also pretty good and fit well with the tone of the book.
    Volume 4 was, IMHO, pretty great. I didn't like much some beats, such as Sasquatch going all "dumb Hulk" on us, but, over all, I think it was the effort of AF that I most enjoyed ever since, I guess, Nicieza's run, in the original series.
    Peace
    I was torn between the dumbing down/the Hulkizing of Sasquatch. On one side; I thought - I like the contrast that this massive beast is actually one of the most intelligent members of the team. On the flip side, however, I thought, "This team doesn't have your typical - one guy or girl - that's out of control - a little more savage than the rest - that creates that dynamic of the others trying to reign them in!" (EDIT: I just realized how wrong I was. There's Snowbird, who we have seen, can be quite savage!) LOL

I wish they would have gone into more detail about why he was more Hulk-like. I'd much rather it be related to the fact that he is still in the body/form of the Great Beast, rather than, just because he "Sas' Out" that he gets dumber - because then that's too much like the Hulk.
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    *gasp*
    It is Amazing X-Men that Northstar is in, and while he should be a way bigger player than what he's been so far, I like him there.
    And the rest of Alpha is due to appear in that book with issue #8 (well, I'm not sure if it'll be Alpha Flight in its entirety, but I'm thinking so). And as long as they remain in that book, I will continue with that book for forever. I mean, I would anyway because of Nightcrawler and Northstar, but yeah, this just means it'll really be my favorite x-book.

Amazing X-Men is currently the only "X-Men" book worth reading. (This does not count the off shoots, like X-Force, which I dislike - Uncanny X-Force WAS good, before they nixed it to make this new X-Force; and All New X-Factor is good so far - just not too big on the art, yet, myself).
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Adam-X View Post
    Amazing X-Men is currently the only "X-Men" book worth reading. (This does not count the off shoots, like X-Force, which I dislike - Uncanny X-Force WAS good, before they nixed it to make this new X-Force; and All New X-Factor is good so far - just not too big on the art, yet, myself).
    Humphries X-force? UGHHHH!!! Atrocious writing and characterizations... I do hope to see Snowbird in action again soon, she's my favorite Alphan ever since the Byrne days. I try to track down anything with her in it.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

The thing that has always bothered me is when Alpha Flight is used in some series it is like the writers have never even looked at the team before or just add random new members that are never seen again (anyone remember Earthmover?). One of the worst was Chuck Austen with his "armored" Sasquatch when he used the team in Uncanny. The team needs a good 12 issue mini series to set everything firmly in place. Show how the team opperates theses days and who they report to in the govt and also show the status of all the former members and their current whereabouts. Whatever happened to Manikin, Goblyn, Laura Dean, Ghost Girl, Talisman, Murmur, and Manbot. What have Flex, Radius, and Windshear being doing since they all lost their powers after M-Day? And the biggest question how is the search of the still mind controlled Heather gone? A good maxi series could just set everything in stone and let future writers move on from that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam-X View Post
    But you cannot HELP but to love X-Factor. PAD is the master of all the things. <3
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    The thing that has always bothered me is when Alpha Flight is used in some series it is like the writers have never even looked at the team before or just add random new members that are never seen again (anyone remember Earthmover?). One of the worst was Chuck Austen with his "armored" Sasquatch when he used the team in Uncanny. The team needs a good 12 issue mini series to set everything firmly in place. Show how the team opperates theses days and who they report to in the govt and also show the status of all the former members and their current whereabouts. Whatever happened to Manikin, Goblyn, Laura Dean, Ghost Girl, Talisman, Murmur, and Manbot. What have Flex, Radius, and Windshear being doing since they all lost their powers after M-Day? And the biggest question how is the search of the still mind controlled Heather gone? A good maxi series could just set everything in stone and let future writers move on from that point.
    Yes, PLZ. This would be perfect.

"Gather" works just fine for, you know, Alpha Flight fans.
    Lol.

Whatever happened to those new recruits from the 90's? There was a guy who could turn his limbs into blades or something and another guy who had a forcefield like Unus. Were they killed off?

Quote Originally Posted by GallowGlass View Post
    Lol.

Whatever happened to those new recruits from the 90's? There was a guy who could turn his limbs into blades or something and another guy who had a forcefield like Unus. Were they killed off?
    I really have no idea.
    But probably?

I really have no idea.
    But probably?
    They were still alive as of M-Day, but a good percentage of the newer mutant Flight members were depowered.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    They were still alive as of M-Day, but a good percentage of the newer mutant Flight members were depowered.
    So glad I have you guys to tell me these things because it's going to be FOREVER before I get to read it.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Oh, of course. I forgot about that, the mutants would be affected by that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Agreed. Alpha needs somebody who respects the history and knows and cares about the characters. Problem with comic companies today is that they want flash and glam, rather than history and compelling stories. I've read 5-6 page stories from the 40's with more compelling heroes than much of today's stories.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I wonder how big a role Northstar will have in the coming Amazing arc with Alpha Flight.

For the life of me I cant remember what happened to Talisman, I vaguely remember she sacrificed herself in some way but I could be wrong. Is she still alive?

Quote Originally Posted by Chia Head View Post
    I wonder how big a role Northstar will have in the coming Amazing arc with Alpha Flight.

For the life of me I cant remember what happened to Talisman, I vaguely remember she sacrificed herself in some way but I could be wrong. Is she still alive?

I am of no help, Chia Head, but I'm sure Anduinel knows, or someone else who has read All Things Alpha Flight.
    But I just wanted to state that I love Talisman.
    She's so feisty. <3

Quote Originally Posted by Chia Head View Post

I'm hoping a big one, but experience says the writers will talk a good game in interviews and he'll wind up being wallpaper. :/

Talisman is still around. Her last major appearance was in the Omega Flight mini-series, IIRC. Worth a read, even though the ending was a bit rushed. I agree with CW that she was a pretty dynamic personality. I wouldn't have minded Shaman passing down the mantle to her.