Page 15 of 127 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    I apparently need to read more Northstar.
    And I lost that awesome, amazing list you posted on the old forums.
    The reading list? I'll repost it in the Northstar appreciation thread if you like.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    The reading list? I'll repost it in the Northstar appreciation thread if you like.
    Yes, and you will??
    Thank you SOOOOOOO much. <3
    You are awesome!
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

Yes, and you will??
    Thank you SOOOOOOO much. <3
    You are awesome!
    No prob; it's good info to have there anyway. Went ahead and inserted it into the first post.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam-X View Post
    So we have seen a few versions of Omega Flight (the villain team, not the one that included Beta Ray Bill, etc).

If Alpha Flight resurfaced - and faced a new Omega Flight - who would you want on the Omega Flight villain team?
    Most of the original Omega Flight, in some way or another, has joined the white hats (Box, Diamond Lil, Wildchild), and I have to say, powerwise, the first OF was not all that impressive. But I did like the Master's OF at the end of vol.1, the one with the Brain Drain (Wow, that was an odd character to dig up) among it's ranks. It had some pretty scary members. Maybe an addition or two would make it really fearsome, maybe even an Alphan gone to the dark side would make it more interesting (some minor character. I really wouldn't like the "change of the major character that doesn't make sense" scenario).

Peace

No prob; it's good info to have there anyway. Went ahead and inserted it into the first post.
    Thank you!

And, I just bookmarked it for future reference.
    And while looking at it, this gave me a good chuckle:

"Wolverine: Enemy of the State - Northstar as an angry gay zombie. *sigh*"

hahahaha, awwwww! <3

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Thanks!!! I didn't post in that thread really, but I followed it from day 1. Here's hoping it continues where it left off...
    The other thread was really awesome. Thank you for doing this! <3
    Whew...I thought people wouldn't care. Glad I wasn't the only one! Now the question is though...what do I do with them? I wouldn't start a new thread, but I don't know if people would want or be annoyed if I posted them here. They need some work, and sadly we only made it to issue 111 of the original series. It would be nice to finish though.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevets View Post
    Whew...I thought people wouldn't care. Glad I wasn't the only one! Now the question is though...what do I do with them? I wouldn't start a new thread, but I don't know if people would want or be annoyed if I posted them here. They need some work, and sadly we only made it to issue 111 of the original series. It would be nice to finish though.
    Wait, you're not talking about the thread Adam-X started?

You can put them here, if you'd like.

Also:
    My AF #29-#46 are at a postal hub in the southern portion of my state.

I think they're crawling here.

YASSSSSSSSSSSSS.
    My books are here.
    You know what I'll be doing tonight.
    SOMUCHALPHALOVE.

Hello Alpha Flight-tarians!

I'm not sure if any of Alpha Flight's mainstays have ever died and been resurrected, but I'm guessing that there must be. I was a big AF fan back in the day but lost touch with the title in the early 90's. I’ve started a thread to catalog X-Men (Alpha Flight counts too) who have died and been resurrected. I am hoping that there are more knowledgeable fans than I who might add to the discussion. Thanks

http://community.comicbookresources....ion-in-X-Books
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote

Quote Originally Posted by sungila View Post

I'm not sure if any of Alpha Flight's mainstays have ever died and been resurrected, but I'm guessing that there must be. I was a big AF fan back in the day but lost touch with the title in the early 90's. I’ve started a thread to catalog X-Men (Alpha Flight counts too) who have died and been resurrected. I am hoping that there are more knowledgeable fans than I who might add to the discussion. Thanks

Yeah, pretty much the whole original team has been dead and come back to life at some point, not to mention no few of the late-comers are still dead -- Box, Diamond Lil, Puck 2.0, Major Mapleleaf II, etc. Heck, Mac's deaths and resurrections are an essay all unto themselves.

YASSSSSSSSSSSSS.
    My books are here.
    SOMUCHALPHALOVE.
    Enjoy!

I *try* to keep things going in this thread, but I haven't been reading AF long, so I am not the most knowledgeable about them.
    Ah, but you have the heart, fire and passion of Alpha Flight.

I don't think I'd want to see a new Omega Flight team per se. The concept of differently designated Flight teams was something very much tied to vol. 1. I can think of quite a few AF villains I'd like to see come back to the fore in one way or another, but I don't know that I'd want to backtrack that far.
    See, to me, I have always liked the idea of the (evil) Omega Flight team - because they remind me of the X-Men's "Brotherhood of Evil Mutants" or the Avengers' "Masters of Evil" teams. There's always that one team that seems to pester the good guy teams, and constantly butts heads with them.

ETA: ALSO! My AF shirt arrived yesterday. WEEEE!
    It's huge, is a color that probably won't look great with my hair color, but YAY! to an AF tee! <3
    Pictures of the shirt?

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Most of the original Omega Flight, in some way or another, has joined the white hats (Box, Diamond Lil, Wildchild), and I have to say, powerwise, the first OF was not all that impressive. But I did like the Master's OF at the end of vol.1, the one with the Brain Drain (Wow, that was an odd character to dig up) among it's ranks. It had some pretty scary members. Maybe an addition or two would make it really fearsome, maybe even an Alphan gone to the dark side would make it more interesting (some minor character. I really wouldn't like the "change of the major character that doesn't make sense" scenario).
    Peace
    Yeah, see I wouldn't mind seeing them - but I'd like some of them to get updated looks.

Also:
    My AF #29-#46 are at a postal hub in the southern portion of my state.
    I think they're crawling here.
    It just feels that way. No doubt they will arrive soon. As a matter of fact I bet that -

YASSSSSSSSSSSSS.
    My books are here.
    SOMUCHALPHALOVE.
    Well, never mind what I bet. Glad they're there!

Quote Originally Posted by sungila View Post
    Look up the roster of Alpha Flight - and mark them pretty much all having died and been resurrected once. Especially the main, original team.

Yeah, pretty much the whole original team has been dead and come back to life at some point, not to mention no few of the late-comers are still dead -- Box, Diamond Lil, Puck 2.0, Major Mapleleaf II, etc. Heck, Mac's deaths and resurrections are an essay all unto themselves.
    Enjoy!
    Yeah, technically the entire team died and came back, to save Walter's soul.
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

This is the shirt I got. I LOVE IT.
    But it's HUGE on me.
    Even if I washed it in hot water 83749458 times, I don't think it'll shrink enough.

And here is the link to the shirt:
    http://www.shop.cc-comics.com/Alpha-...-SEP131634.htm

At that price, I don't mind that the shirt is too big on me.
    Last edited by Cold Water; 05-16-2014 at 04:32 AM.

Also: I read AF #30 last night.
    Is Heather always leading Alpha Flight into dangerous situations because she's woeing over not having any real powers?
    I HATE to see her grieving Mac forever because it makes me sad.
    I love how Northstar cannot stand her. I don't know if that ever changes, but he doesn't hesitate to put in his two cents when it comes to commenting on her lack of leadership skills. LOVE.

Also: I read AF #30 last night.
    Is Heather always leading Alpha Flight into dangerous situations because she's woeing over not having any real powers?
    I HATE to see her grieving Mac forever because it makes me sad.
    That's pretty much standard for her under Mantlo, unfortunately. Until she goes from woe-is-me-ing to overcompensating, imo.

I love how Northstar cannot stand her. I don't know if that ever changes, but he doesn't hesitate to put in his two cents when it comes to commenting on her lack of leadership skills. LOVE.
    He comes around.

I suspect the change of heart is due to the fact that Heather did put it on the line for him when he was on the run from Weapon PRIME in his limited series. Either that or he REEEEALLLLY never forgave Mac for roping him onto the team in the first place.