Page 21 of 127 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171121 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Adam-X View Post
    Just wait. Just wait until she makes some "leadership" decisions that "impact" the team "severely."
    I know a lot of characters die.
    I will continue to read.
    Even though I am very sad at the thought that a lot are going to die. Maybe by then Mantlo will have ruined them so much that the blow will be a little less harsh when it actually happens.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    I know a lot of characters die. I will continue to read. Even though I am very sad at the thought that a lot are going to die. Maybe by then Mantlo will have ruined them so much that the blow will be a little less harsh when it actually happens.
    Well, if you're anything like me, it's still disappointing, because it prevents another good writer from using them. (But then, back then when I was reading Alpha Flight - coming back from the dead, unless you were a villain, wasn't as common as blinking your eyes). These days, death in comics, is an absolute joke. Especially when they try to promote it as a big event - Death of Superman, Death of Batman, Death of Captain America, Death of Spider-Man, and now they're promoting the upcoming Death of Wolverine. It'd make me laugh, if the idea that one is expected to take it seriously, wasn't such a joke.
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

Well, I ordered Lobdell's AF TPBs (there's only 2, right?).
    It was really cheap (not sure what this says about it...), so I went ahead and ordered it.
    I also ordered 20 more issues of Mantlo's run. As crappy as it may be, I'm determined to stick by these characters.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    Well, I ordered Lobdell's AF TPBs (there's only 2, right?).
    It was really cheap (not sure what this says about it...), so I went ahead and ordered it.
    I also ordered 20 more issues of Mantlo's run. As crappy as it may be, I'm determined to stick by these characters.
    I would hold off on reading the two Lobdell trades you mentioned until after you've completed the original series. They collect vol. 3 which was actually his second run with the team, and it's a very different animal than what you're reading now in vol. 1.

Just my $0.02, of course
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    I would hold off on reading the two Lobdell trades you mentioned until after you've completed the original series. They collect vol. 3 which was actually his second run with the team, and it's a very different animal than what you're reading now in vol. 1.

Just my $0.02, of course
    Oh, of course. I'm reading AF in order.

So, do I understand correctly and they totally ignored the last AF mini-series in the latest Astonishing X-Men? Heather is back to being buddy-buddy with everybody, and it's like Unity never happened? I hope they do take the time to explain it down the road.

Peace

Edit: I intend to buy the TPB anyway, but I really was hoping for some kind os continuity.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    So, do I understand correctly and they totally ignored the last AF mini-series in the latest Astonishing X-Men? Heather is back to being buddy-buddy with everybody, and it's like Unity never happened? I hope they do take the time to explain it down the road.

Peace

Edit: I intend to buy the TPB anyway, but I really was hoping for some kind os continuity.
    Seems that way. That's 2 for 2 ignoring volume 4 (Liu and Kyost). I personally couldn't be more pleased. Heather wound up on that cliffhanger because Van Lente and Pak jumped the gun on the ongoing, and I can't blame other writers for not wanting to clean up that mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Seems that way. That's 2 for 2 ignoring volume 4 (Liu and Kyost). I personally couldn't be more pleased. Heather wound up on that cliffhanger because Van Lente and Pak jumped the gun on the ongoing, and I can't blame other writers for not wanting to clean up that mess.
    I don't think Van Lente and Pak are to blame; Marvel made the announcement and then backpedaled at the last minute. The writers were left without a vehicle to complete their story...

We will just have to assume somewhere along the line the team roped Heather back in and un-brainwashed her!
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

What issues did Heather appear in Astonishing X-Men? I feel like I read all of those but I don't remember lol.

I don't think Van Lente and Pak are to blame; Marvel made the announcement and then backpedaled at the last minute. The writers were left without a vehicle to complete their story...
    To hear them tell it, they had a self-contained 9-issue series plotted out, got the word that it was an ongoing and changed things, then got word that it was back to being a limited and were stuck with what they'd planned to be a lead-in to a year of stories. It sucks that it happened, but they painted themselves into that corner.

We will just have to assume somewhere along the line the team roped Heather back in and un-brainwashed her!
    Assume that her being in rehab was why she wasn't at Northstar's wedding.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevets View Post
    What issues did Heather appear in Astonishing X-Men? I feel like I read all of those but I don't remember lol.
    None of Astonishing, I don't think. She just appeared in this week's Amazing.

Oh! That makes more sense.

Thanks!

Would it be so hard to spare one or two lines to state this? Maybe they will down the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevets View Post
    None of Astonishing, I don't think. She just appeared in this week's Amazing.
    Sorry, my mistake. Got the titles confused. As it may be obvious, not religiously following the x-line nowadays.

Peace

To hear them tell it, they had a self-contained 9-issue series plotted out, got the word that it was an ongoing and changed things, then got word that it was back to being a limited and were stuck with what they'd planned to be a lead-in to a year of stories. It sucks that it happened, but they painted themselves into that corner.
    Ah. I thought there had been something more official released from Marvel, not just wishful thinking on their part. But yeah, either way it sucks. I loved that (mini)series.

Assume that her being in rehab was why she wasn't at Northstar's wedding.
    That works for me!
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Would it be so hard to spare one or two lines to state this? Maybe they will down the line.
    Well, she did keep referring to the "really bad year" she and Mac have had but refused to explain further. I'm hoping that's not all we get and once the rest of the team shows up, one of them will be willing to talk about what she was obviously uncomfortable discussing. I don't need a blow by blow of how she recovered, but it would be nice to get an acknowledgement of what happened to her in the last series.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

After the things she did while brainwashed (like killing her cousin and her cousins husband in cold blood to get her daughter back) it is stupid to even have her back in a costume so soon, but this is marvel and anything older than year doesn't really matter anymore.