Page 4 of 127 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

OH NO.
    Byrne's last issue is #28??

And WHHHYYYYYYY was I fooled into thinking Mac was really resurrected???
    I feel the same disappointment as I did when I read The Return of Barry Allen.
    I am on issue #28.

Where do I go from here?

Is #29 and on collected in TPB?

I FEEL SO LET DOWN.
    I AM SO SAD.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    OH NO.
    Byrne's last issue is #28??

And WHHHYYYYYYY was I fooled into thinking Mac was really resurrected???
    I feel the same disappointment as I did when I read The Return of Barry Allen.
    I am on issue #28.

Where do I go from here?

Is #29 and on collected in TPB?

I FEEL SO LET DOWN.
    I AM SO SAD.
    I doubt many, if any, are in trade. The single issues cost next to nothing though. Back about 7 years ago, I lost my entire comic book collection (25+ long boxes full), including all of my Alpha books (all series, guest appearances, etc.). Around 3 years ago, I decided to rebuild and I was able to find the entire run of each Alpha series on eBay with no problems at all and very little expense. Now I have them all on a spinner rack in my house. I was so happy when I got those in the mail again.

BTW, I hope you continue. Even with the ups and downs, I greatly enjoyed later writers, and as I've said, some more than Byrne's run.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevets View Post
    I doubt many, if any, are in trade. The single issues cost next to nothing though. Back about 7 years ago, I lost my entire comic book collection (25+ long boxes full), including all of my Alpha books (all series, guest appearances, etc.). Around 3 years ago, I decided to rebuild and I was able to find the entire run of each Alpha series on eBay with no problems at all and very little expense. Now I have them all on a spinner rack in my house. I was so happy when I got those in the mail again.

BTW, I hope you continue. Even with the ups and downs, I greatly enjoyed later writers, and as I've said, some more than Byrne's run.
    If I have to order the issues, it's going to take, like, 2 weeks to get here.
    Nevets, That is FOREVER.
    *sigh*
    I will do what I have to.

Mac does eventually come back, as MAC, right?
    Because I cannot take anymore false resurrections.

I am glad that you were able to get your entire collection back!
    I would be lost without mine. <3

Agnes Garbowska Beta Flight

I miss Beta Flight, Man Bot was my favourite followed by Ghost Girl and Murmur.

If I have to order the issues, it's going to take, like, 2 weeks to get here.
    Nevets, That is FOREVER.
    *sigh*
    I will do what I have to.

Mac does eventually come back, as MAC, right?
    Because I cannot take anymore false resurrections.

I am glad that you were able to get your entire collection back!
    I would be lost without mine. <3
    Lol...I'm glad you will do what must be done!

I guess this is spoilers about Mac so spoilers:
    yes, we get Mac back later.
    end of spoilers

I was able to get my entire Alpha collection back, I didn't replace the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevets View Post
    Lol...I'm glad you will do what must be done!

I guess this is spoilers about Mac so spoilers:
    yes, we get Mac back later.
    end of spoilers

I was able to get my entire Alpha collection back, I didn't replace the rest.
    YAY!!!
    That is all I need to know!
    Figures I'd like the uptight, upright probably more "boring" character best out of all of Alpha Flight.

Really, though, I love them all.

Also: I just ordered #29-46 in singles.
    WEEEEEEEEE.
    Now, the two week wait begins.

I'll occupy that time with finishing off the last bit of Claremont's New Mutants, Excalibur, and old Captain Britain stories.
    BUT IT WON'T BE THE SAME.

BANNED

While Alpha Flight started from the x-men , this thread should really be on the main marvel forum , not the x-books.

Quote Originally Posted by marshal99 View Post
    While Alpha Flight started from the x-men , this thread should really be on the main marvel forum , not the x-books.
    There was an iteration of this thread and the "from the beginning" thread on the old boards; the mods don't seem to have an issue with us discussing the Flight here. Besides this team encompasses several characters that have migrated to the X-Books: Northstar, Jeffries, Diamond Lil and Puck.

Are there even NOT X-Men fans who are fans of Alpha Flight?
    I think the thread would just get ignored over there.
    Last edited by Cold Water; 05-05-2014 at 06:37 AM. Reason: My punctuation is atrocious.

Quote Originally Posted by marshal99 View Post

I really liked Hundall's run, that issue in particular is awsome, I just wish he had someone else in art duty. Calimee was NOT Steve "the Dude" Rude, as much as he wished otherwise. Mark bagley did the last issue of the run. Ah, if only... And he wasn't even at the top of his game yet.

Peace

Are there even NOT X-Men fans who are fans of Alpha Flight?
    I think the thread would just get ignored over there.
    Actually, yes, there are. Many Avengers fans and fans of non-Americans super-teams dig AF. And many non X-fans are kind of "afraid" to venture the x-boards. Things do tend to get a bit crazy around here (thank God never happened in this thread, here and in the old forum). That said, now that I know it exists, and where it is, for me its irrelevant if it's here or in the Marvel forum.

Peace

I get that, but figured most fans were also, at least at one time, X-Men fans as well.

I get that, but figured most fans were also, at least at one time, X-Men fans as well.
    A lot are, but a lot are more fans of John Byrne than the X-Men. And those first 28 issues of AF were some sweet Byrne-on-Byrne action.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    A lot are, but a lot are more fans of John Byrne than the X-Men. And those first 28 issues of AF were some sweet Byrne-on-Byrne action.
    Yep.
    Possible events that may have brought in non X-fans into AF.

1- John Byrne and his 30 000 _ during the 80-90's Byrne claimed that everybook he started work on had an increase of at least 30 000 readers, and that those were the readers that followed him around no matter what book he was working on. The decrease in readership when he left was never in the same amount, so many got to stick around those books.
    2- A cross-over with FF in the first issues of the book.
    3- A great deal of publicity surrounding AF#12 in ALL Marvel books, including mentions in the MTU annual that had Spider-Man and AF, later on that same month.
    4- The creator switch with the Incredible Hulk, when Mantalo and Mignola came over from Hulk and Byrne jumped from AF.
    5- Cross-over with the Avengers, and the conclusion of Namor and Marrina's story in the pages of Avengers.

That of course, was just in the beggining of the series. During Fabian Nicieza's run there were more cross-overs with the Avengers, and AF was always tieing in a lot with the Infinity Sagas.

Peace