Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Well its a good thing the Bat office doesn't push characters based on what sells otherwise we'd only have Batman titles
    So you admit Duke and Harper are being pushed to appease Snyder?
    How does one comment lead to the other?

May I suggest turning off the computer (or whatever device you are using) and going out into the real world, possibly interacting with people who don't read comic books?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post

May I suggest turning off the computer (or whatever device you are using) and going out into the real world, possibly interacting with people who don't read comic books?
    He said DC doesn't consider sales,please tell me what exactly does a company consider? and in this case if Harper and Duke are being pushed for some reason other than sales then I'd like to know what reason is.

As for the suggestion please keep it,no one asked you,respond to the topic not the person.

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    So you admit Duke and Harper are being pushed to appease Snyder?
    No they are being pushed because they add more diversity to the line
    just like batwing and birds of prey did until those books got cancelled
    Fans also responding positively to when the first appeared doesn't hurt

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

So, you'd prefer him to drop for a cameo that makes no freaking sense and defies even comic book logic?
    Against his own will, even.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

I still want to know: pushed by who?

Unless they got a huge event by someone else or a miniseries and toy line I missed.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    No they are being pushed because they add more diversity to the line
    just like batwing and birds of prey did until those books got cancelled
    Fans also responding positively to when the first appeared doesn't hurt
    Birds of Prey and Batwing were unique ideas,Harper and Duke are not. The latter 2 dont have an edge,they both represent the average joe type,even Calvin Rose falls under that category to considerable extent. They are not diversifying the line with these 2,they are pushing just one type of character in 2 different forms and even that type has already existed for years as Tim Drake,Steph as well.

I would have liked it if they did not introduce new under 18 characters all the time but ones that were 18-21 and were already at the very least trained to detective/ninja so you don't have an overcrowded representation of an age group.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Why though? The Robin mantle is Bruce's right to give. Not Dick's nor Jason's nor Tim's.
    You do realize Damian wouldn't even be Robin if Dick didn't give him the position right?

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midnighter View Post
    You do realize Damian wouldn't even be Robin if Dick didn't give him the position right?
    Yeah, when Dick was Batman. Since then a huge amount of Damian's characterzation was prove himself worthy of the mantle before Bruce's eyes.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I have to say the lack of a bold font BATMAN AND ROBIN with Bruce and Damian does bother me. I have no real idea what is currently going on with Bruce though.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I have to say the lack of a bold font BATMAN AND ROBIN with Bruce and Damian does bother me. I have no real idea what is currently going on with Bruce though.
    Of course, the weird thing is, how many decades did we go without a comic book called "Batman and Robin" before the Morrison-written title showed up?
    Prior to that, the spotlighting of "the Dynamic Duo" in regular, continuing adventures was a bit sporadic.

Incredible Member

From his introduction to the late sixties, I'd bet money that Robin appeared in every single Batman adventure within the pages of Batman and Detective Comics, or at the very least the overwhelming majority. In fact, the headline of the stories was "Batman with Robin the Boy Wonder," there was really no such thing as a solo Batman story for quite some time. (Besides the pre-Robin stories, I mean.)

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleGlovez View Post
    From his introduction to the late sixties, I'd bet money that Robin appeared in every single Batman adventure within the pages of Batman and Detective Comics, or at the very least the overwhelming majority. In fact, the headline of the stories was "Batman with Robin the Boy Wonder," there was really no such thing as a solo Batman story for quite some time. (Besides the pre-Robin stories, I mean.)
    So for twenty-some years out of more than seventy?

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleGlovez View Post
    Well you'd be wrong
    Just comparing the number of appearances Robin(making no distinction between Dick,Jason,Tim etc) and Batman have in the batman titles is a huge
    Hell Dick who has existed the longest as a character is in less than half of the first volume of Batman. He's in Detective Comics more but there's even more issues where he isn't in it.

BANNED

So this thread has boiled down to "Robin isn't really necessary" nice.