Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Happy to see that the Wiccan name thing wasn't actually played out much farther than the preview showed. When reading the full issue, that scene didn't bug me at all compared to reading it in exclusion. Really liked this issue. Was already enjoying the series, but this felt like a step in the right direction. Pumped to see Billy & Wiccan get focus right off the bat. I like where this story is going.

Quote Originally Posted by norj View Post
    Or she just needs a telepathic girlfriend, Karma is single, Sunspot needs to set them up.
    Could be a great idea..

Quote Originally Posted by 4sake Baned View Post
    Could be a great idea..
    Yeah, not bad. Not bad at all. Could probably be the best thing to happen to Xi'an since forever. Girl really needs a break.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    It begins.

Bill and Ted's Excellent Kingdom.
    Needs to be an ongoing title.

Quote Originally Posted by norj View Post
    Or she just needs a telepathic girlfriend, Karma is single, Sunspot needs to set them up.
    Pfft.
    PASS.
    Karma deserves to be set up with someone she can actually physically connect with.....

Unless.... psychic relationships are doubly intimate? Hmm... Psychic food for thought....

This was an enjoyable issue. Favorite moment: "I found this in there. Looks like a sword. Can we go home now?" (Teddy)
    A house is not a home without books or cats.

Supernatural Inhuman! Lucena Soares's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheCatBastet View Post
    This was an enjoyable issue. Favorite moment: "I found this in there. Looks like a sword. Can we go home now?" (Teddy)
    I couldn't stop the giggles! And it was in the middle of tht knight's "great speech of honor and worthiness and duty and stuff"!

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Karma deserves to be set up with someone she can actually physically connect with.....
    She won't be forever stuck in there, dude. Karma could actually motivate her to break free.

My surprise takeaway was Ewing sort-of definitely staying Billy's power ISN'T magic-based. Sure, he definitely is a reality warper, but several stories around him have depended on the assumption he's got some form of connection with magic. His origin alone technically means he's kind of a heavily reconfigured fragment of Mephisto's soul, and he was being hunted by the magic-hunters in that SHIELD story (they attacked Daimon Hellstrom and some other half-demon as well). Then there's that whole 'magic messiah' thing Loki said that one time.

I'm not against just finally stating what his powers actually really are, just wondering how all that's going to be resolved then. Billy sounds like something like the Phoenix force at this rate - sort of magic but not. Science...magic.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    Thank you confess as a reader know almost nothing about the character.
    That's because her creator didn't bother to flesh her character out.

Supernatural Inhuman! Lucena Soares's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Byakko View Post
    My surprise takeaway was Ewing sort-of definitely staying Billy's power ISN'T magic-based. Sure, he definitely is a reality warper, but several stories around him have depended on the assumption he's got some form of connection with magic. His origin alone technically means he's kind of a heavily reconfigured fragment of Mephisto's soul, and he was being hunted by the magic-hunters in that SHIELD story (they attacked Daimon Hellstrom and some other half-demon as well). Then there's that whole 'magic messiah' thing Loki said that one time.

I'm not against just finally stating what his powers actually really are, just wondering how all that's going to be resolved then. Billy sounds like something like the Phoenix force at this rate - sort of magic but not. Science...magic.
    The recent magic marvel comics said that there is different frequencies of magic in the MU, so if Billy doesn't "serve the sacred flame" and is just a "warper" does not mean he isn't magical. Maybe he just uses the same kind of magic as his Scarlet Mom and the Knights aren't used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Pfft.
    PASS.

Unless.... psychic relationships are doubly intimate? Hmm... Psychic food for thought....
    Nah, Karma's cool. She'd be OK with what would be, essentially, an asexual relationship. I'd be OK with a Karma/Pod ship. But that might just be because I want to see Karma get more use.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    Nah, Karma's cool. She'd be OK with what would be, essentially, an asexual relationship. I'd be OK with a Karma/Pod ship. But that might just be because I want to see Karma get more use.
    Yes, Tiamatty. You're blinded by your adoration for MOAR Karma.
    She deserves a more fully rounded relationship -- not a puzzle like Pod.
    If they wanna bring in Karma to HELP Pod in some psychic way? That's fine by me.

Well this just ramped up a bit. It looks like we can have a new series of 'King of Space, Teddy, and his Queen, Billy'. But I think Ewing is just going to leave it low key as just the NA, and make this the battle against Moridun, and afterwards, Teddy will hand the sword back and go back to Earth. Pity. The Realm of Kings saga was looking like Black Bolt was going to take the title of King of Space, but when he went another way, Teddy became the new champ. But really, who is Moridun looking for? He makes these noises that Teddy is the one, but Moridun is now in the ANAD universe, and he isn't going to just want to play second fiddle here. And magic is going to play a big part here too.

Billy is looking like getting a complete overhaul. Firstly, because Victor Alvarez mentions Billy doesn't have a Wiccan belief system, but then, along comes Skrull Magic lady saying Billy is repeating things over and over. I think K'Kyy is going to take him under her wing and show him his real powers as a Warper. We could get a new character from this, with a new suit and more confidence, and maybe with just a bit of luck, learn something of what Wanda Maximoff is. I see some very exciting times, where we may learn Wanda is from a long line of Warpers Clan looking for their Queen. If this is true, maybe Wanda is not a mutant, or, mutants are not of Earth, but some embedded race we haven't realised are aliens. This could have far reaching impacts on mutants, or, that Wanda and Pietro aren't mutants.
    Last edited by jackolover; 11-20-2015 at 06:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    Well this just ramped up a bit. It looks like we can have a new series of 'King of Space, Teddy, and his Queen, Billy'. But I think Ewing is just going to leave it low key as just the NA, and make this the battle against Moridun, and afterwards, Teddy will hand the sword back and go back to Earth. Pity. The Realm of Kings saga was looking like Black Bolt was going to take the title of King of Space, but when he went another way, Teddy became the new champ. But really, who is Moridun looking for? He makes these noises that Teddy is the one, but Moridun is now in the ANAD universe, and he isn't going to just want to play second fiddle here. And magic is going to play a big part here too.

Billy is looking like getting a complete overhaul. Firstly, because Victor Alvarez mentions Billy doesn't have a Wiccan belief system, but then, along comes Skrull Magic lady saying Billy is repeating things over and over. I think K'Kyy is going to take him under her wing and show him his real powers as a Warper. We could get a new character from this, with a new suit and more confidence, and maybe with just a bit of luck, learn something of what Wanda Maximoff is. I see some very exciting times, where we may learn Wanda is from a long line of Warpers Clan looking for their Queen. If this is true, maybe Wanda is not a mutant, or, mutants are not of Earth, but some embedded race we haven't realised are aliens. This could have far reaching impacts on mutants, or, that Wanda and Pietro aren't mutants.
    THAT'S what we should call billy- warper!