Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BANNED

I will limit myself just list the new books I really liked and will surely keep reading.

1. Vision. Definitely the best book for me. The only one of the new ones I really loved.

2. Ms. Marvel. I loved the first volume and this promise to be cool too. I also like they now seem to have two rotating artists that are both great and compatible. Hope they will draw all the issues.

3. Howard the Duck. I like both the humour and the art. The appendix Gwenpool story seems funny too.

4. Squirrel Girl. Another funny reading.

To keep it short and sweet, here are 5 I read and enjoyed

1. The Vision - 100% pure grade genius

2. All-New Wolverine - Laura Kinney is ever a star

3. Karnak - Ellis! 'Nuff said

4. Amazing Spider-Man - LOVE the new direction, it's fast, fun and hilarious

5. Spider-Gwen - a joy as it was before
    “That’s right, I’m Doughy Man! Butter is my ally, steak does my bidding! Sour cream bows down before me in total abject terror!”

My pull:
    1. Ms.Marvel - was my favorite title before and that hasn't changed.
    2. Vision - Funny and creepy with nice art.
    3. All-New Wolverine - One only my favorite writerse and one of my favorite X-Men.
    4. Ultimates - Love Rocafort's art so I'm buying until he's gone at the very least.

On the fence:
    Invincible Iron Man - enjoyed the first three issues but it isn't something I can't wait for.
    Illuminati - Liked the writing but I'm not sold on the premise.

Dropped:
    Karnak - ok first issue, but it didn't interest me at all.
    Sam Wilson, Captain America - mixed feelings about it, may get the trade at some point.

For the record I like all of the series that I have read so far, this is just the order I would put them in.

1. New Avengers- I love the frantic superhero, sci-fi, and fantasy craziness that Ewing has brought to this series. It's definitely quirky and the cast it has is fun to read.

2. Contest of Champions- Ewing wins again for me as he brings this game into the comic world with a lot of more stakes and a very interesting cast and premise. Not to mention he brought Ares back!

3. All-new Wolverine- Taylor does a good job at bringing in Laura as the new Wolverine. He writes her very well as a hero plus he even sets up an interesting story that has my attention.

4. Ms. Marvel- Loved the first series, no doubt I'm going to really enjoy this one.

5. Deadpool- It's Deadpool, I'm always going to read Deadpool but Duggan just has an amazing way of writing him. Although I do like the team of Deadpool's he collected.

6. Extraordinary X-men- I've been eagerly awaiting Lemire's premiere as writer of the X-men and he did not disappoint, showing a vastly different world for mutants and the characters we all know. Still some mysteries as to what happened that need to be revealed though.

7. Sam Wilson, Captain America- Nick Spencer does a good job of making Sam be his own version of Captain America with his own ideals of what he should do while not making us root against Steve Rogers even as the two are at odds.

8. Amazing Spider-Man- Slott really makes Spider-Man as a high tech hero with a lot of gadgets and a successful business work.

9. Uncanny Inhumans- Charles Soule continues to tell an interesting story of the Inhumans with Beast and the Human Torch as some fun new additions while Kang makes for a good first arc villain.

10.ANAD Avengers-Honestly I can't say much from the 1st issue as the team hasn't even fully formed, all I can say is that it looks good and I like everyone on the cast

11.Howling Commandos of SHIELD- An odd book to be sure but it has an interesting enough premise and the cast itself is kind of fun, my favorites being Hit-Monkey and Zombie Jasper.

12.Uncanny Avengers- It's not bad but I miss the original Rick Remender team that I followed for so long. However it's still a lot of fun and the newer version of the cast is fine as well.

13.Nova- It's a fun book, it basically shows us what the Alexander's have been up to now that Jesse is back and it does have some interesting ideas and can lead to something good.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    For the record I like all of the series that I have read so far, this is just the order I would put them in.

1. New Avengers- I love the frantic superhero, sci-fi, and fantasy craziness that Ewing has brought to this series. It's definitely quirky and the cast it has is fun to read.

2. Contest of Champions- Ewing wins again for me as he brings this game into the comic world with a lot of more stakes and a very interesting cast and premise. Not to mention he brought Ares back!

3. All-new Wolverine- Taylor does a good job at bringing in Laura as the new Wolverine. He writes her very well as a hero plus he even sets up an interesting story that has my attention.

4. Ms. Marvel- Loved the first series, no doubt I'm going to really enjoy this one.

5. Deadpool- It's Deadpool, I'm always going to read Deadpool but Duggan just has an amazing way of writing him. Although I do like the team of Deadpool's he collected.

6. Extraordinary X-men- I've been eagerly awaiting Lemire's premiere as writer of the X-men and he did not disappoint, showing a vastly different world for mutants and the characters we all know. Still some mysteries as to what happened that need to be revealed though.

7. Sam Wilson, Captain America- Nick Spencer does a good job of making Sam be his own version of Captain America with his own ideals of what he should do while not making us root against Steve Rogers even as the two are at odds.

8. Amazing Spider-Man- Slott really makes Spider-Man as a high tech hero with a lot of gadgets and a successful business work.

9. Uncanny Inhumans- Charles Soule continues to tell an interesting story of the Inhumans with Beast and the Human Torch as some fun new additions while Kang makes for a good first arc villain.

10.ANAD Avengers-Honestly I can't say much from the 1st issue as the team hasn't even fully formed, all I can say is that it looks good and I like everyone on the cast

11.Howling Commandos of SHIELD- An odd book to be sure but it has an interesting enough premise and the cast itself is kind of fun, my favorites being Hit-Monkey and Zombie Jasper.

12.Uncanny Avengers- It's not bad but I miss the original Rick Remender team that I followed for so long. However it's still a lot of fun and the newer version of the cast is fine as well.

13.Nova- It's a fun book, it basically shows us what the Alexander's have been up to now that Jesse is back and it does have some interesting ideas and can lead to something good.
    RE: Howling Commandos- What a coincidence! Hit monkey and Zombie Jasper are my two LEAST favorite members! (How did Jasper become a zombie, anyway?)

Have not read enough yet to decide.
    I am reading many now and plan on trying many when they come out.
    I have passed or dropped a few, but for the most part I will be reading
    many titles for the next few months and it will take some time to
    figure which I want to continue with and from those, the ranking.

I need to get caught up with so many titles and my most highly anticipated favorites have yet to be released so I'll revisit this thread some other time.

However, Vision, Illuminati, Doctor Strange, The Mighty Thor, and Ms. Marvel are killing it, and All-New Hawkeye and All-New Wolverine were unexpectedly great, especially since I lacked confidence in the creative team for the former and the character of the latter.

A lot of the flagship titles have been kind of disappointing, with Extraordinary X-Men, All-New All Different Avengers, New Avengers, and Uncanny Inhumans not really inspiring me as strongly as some of the newer properties.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    RE: Howling Commandos- What a coincidence! Hit monkey and Zombie Jasper are my two LEAST favorite members! (How did Jasper become a zombie, anyway?)
    I think they've yet to explain how it happened. I just thought it was funny when they gave him a rocket launcher, it made me laugh a little bit.

As for Hit-monkey, I liked the character before he joined this series in the few appearances he's had. He's probably one of the main reasons I read the first issue honestly.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Top Five:
    1. The Vision
    2. Captain America: Sam Wilson - Cap was never my favorite avenger, but I'm loving this story line. Maybe I just don't like Steve...
    3. Hercules - Really surprised by how much I liked this, particularly the Herc-Gil relationship.
    4. Doctor Strange
    5. Invincible Iron Man

Honorable Mention: Spider-Woman, which could bump Iron Man if the second issue is as good as the first.

Bottom Five:
    19. New Avengers
    20. Spider-Gwen - Lately I've had trouble relating to younger protagonists (couldn't finish Ready Player One, which I should have loved).
    21. Nova - See Spider-Gwen.
    22. Black Knight - So disappointed. I wanted to love this one.
    23. Carnage

1. Vision
    2. Everything else.

Mighty Member

Ok, so I threw a bunch of shade at drax when it got announced unfairly cause I didn't like cm punk as a wrestler...then it came out and was actually worse than I expected IMO. does ANYONE like this book? because I have seen almost no mention of it, and the few times I have it is terrible?

as far as ranking, that's too difficult. I'm buying too much marvel for that haha. Karnak, ANANDA, ASM, and Extra xmen, deadpool, and thor are all up there in the top for sure.

MY TOP 5 AT THE MOMENT:

- ULTIMATES: By far the best new title so far. It's only been 1 issue but that one was pure gold in every way!
    - INVINCIBLE IRON MAN: One of the best new series so far, entertaining, funny, art is fantastic!
    - CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS: I did not expect it to be this interesting!
    - EXTRAORDINARY X-MEN: Read the first 2 and I really liked it so far, need to see more of Old Man Logan.
    - HERCULES: Very interesting first issue, I dig the new direction and would love to read issue 2 right away.

OK SO FAR, HOPE IT STILL GETS BETTER:

- KARNAK: Really liked the first issue and hope it gets even better, the strange art is kind of nice.
    - VISION: First few pages were boring but the last 4 were pure gold.
    - ALL-NEW WOLVERINE: It was ok so far and I am interested in seeing where this goes. The art was very nice.
    - AMAZING SPIDER-MAN: Didn't like the "Tony Stark" direction at first but warmed up to it.
    - All-NEW, ALL DIFFERENT AVENGERS: Only 1 book out, was ok but nothing special so far. I really want to love this but we will just have to wait and see.
    - BLACK KNIGHT: The first book was really good, I had no expectations but I like the fact that they are in Weirdworld!
    - DOCTOR STRANGE: I like the new direction so far but it needs to get better
    - NEW AVENGERS: I absolutely hate Squirrel Girl but other than that it's not that bad after 3 issues. Sad that they have to put the Maker in this.

NEEDS TO GET BETTER OTHERWISE I WILL DROP IT:

- ANGELA: QUEEN OF HEL: I loved Angela with the Guardians but now... I will read 1 more to see if I drop it or not.
    - CAPTAIN AMERICA: Still not warming up to Falcon-Cap... Other than that the story isn't that bad.
    - DEADPOOL: I really want to love it but so far it's been very different and kind of boring.
    - DRAX: I am a very big Guardians of the Galaxy Fan but this... hell no. Will go for 1 more but this seems just stupid.
    - GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY: As a big fan of Guardians of the Galaxy I say NO to Star-Girl Kitty... And the thing should be with the F4.
    - NOVA: I am a big Richard Rider Fan and was really hoping to see him again.
    - SPIDER-MAN 2099: Loved it before Secret Wars but those first 3 issues were not that interesting and I don't really understand why this story takes part in our time.
    - STAR-LORD: Again, big Guardians Fan. But I really don't appreciate reading a 15year old Peter damnit! I want to read adult Peter!
    - THE MIGHTY THOR: Really miss Odinson and I hope Jane dies already so that we can have him back.
    - UNCANNY AVENGERS: The art is absolutely HORRIBLE and Steve is way out of character in this one. Will drop it if it continues liks this.

ALREADY DROPPED:

- ASTONISHING ANT-MAN: I gave it a try because I loved the movie but this.. nah, really not my thing.
    - CARNAGE: Just doesn't feel like a book for me, dropped it after 1 issue

GONNA READ AT LEAST 1 ISSUE:

- WEIRDWORLD (sooo looking forward to this!)
    - A-FORCE
    - ALL-NEW X-MEN
    - OLD MAN LOGAN
    - SPIDER-MAN (gogo Miles!)
    - SQUADRON SUPREME
    - VENOM: SPACEKNIGHT
    - TOTALLY AWESOME HULK (just to see what happened to Banner... I already don't like this new Hulk at all after only 3 pages in the previews)

WON'T READ AT ALL:

- MS. MARVEL (never understood why so many people like this)
    - SQUIRREL GIRL (please...)
    - HOWARD THE DUCK (omg)
    - SPIDER-GWEN
    - SPIDER-WOMAN
    - SILK
    - ALL-NEW HAWKEYE (not another new female version with an old mentor please...)
    - ILLUMINATI
    Last edited by Guardian; 11-22-2015 at 04:51 PM.

BANNED

PULL:
    Doctor Strange
    Invincible Iron Man
    The Ultimates
    Daredevil
    Power Man and Iron Fist
    Nighthawk
    Squadron Supreme

CHECKING OUT:
    Moon Knight
    Hyperion