Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Rank the All-New All-Different Marvel Titles

Been reading a lot of the new series lately and wanted to share my opinions on all of them. Well, the ones I've read. Would be great to read all you guys' opinions as well.

My Ranking:

1- Invincible Iron Man: Fun. So much fun. I could just read it again and again and not get bored. As great as those early ANXM issues. Love it.
    2- Extraordinary X-Men: Uh, I can never say no to an X-Men book with an incredible cast. Interesting new status-quo. Really digging it so far.
    3- Ultimates: One of the only books I had high expectations for and still managed to surpass them. Great cast, very interesting story potential.
    4- Astonishing Ant-Man: I'm not a big fan of Scott Lang but man this book is hilarious. And I like funny. I've always have. Also love the dialogue.
    5- Hercules: Wow. I had very little interest in this but it surprised me. I enjoyed pretty much every page of the first issue. Can't wait to read the next issue.
    6- New Avengers: This is good. But I just feel like it could have been even better. Still, very fun cast and very fun to read so far.
    7- All-New Wolverine: Decided to give the first issue a try after I learned Wasp would appear in issue 5. And let me just say I'm so glad I did.
    8- The Mighty Thor: I'll admit I didn't read her previous series so I'm kinda lost but I like what I've read so far. And it definitely made me feel for Jane which is important.
    9- Nova: Dropped the previous run around the AXIS tie-in. Don't know why. I never stopped enjoying it. Well I enjoyed this one too. I really warmed up to Sam I think.
    10- Uncanny Inhumans: I had no idea what to expect here. The thing I like the most is that this book is making me feel like I'm reading something very important and I like that. Great art also.
    11- Spider-Woman: Definitely a decent first issue but I kinda expected more from Hopeless. Oh I'm sure he'll deliver it. I'll just wait and see where this goes.
    12- Doctor Strange: Interesting book. Actually made me care for Dr. Strange. Curious to see the book this is shaping up to be.
    13- Guardians of the Galaxy: Didn't read the previous run but the addition of Thing and Kitty made me pick this up and I don't regret it. It was a fun read.
    14- Deadpool: Funny. And not boring. Haven't read the second issue yet but I'd like to see if there is more to this book than just funny.
    15- Amazing Spider-Man: Okay, I didn't expect to rank this one this low. It just got boring at some parts. Really liked the first issue but second one was kinda disappointing. I'll stick with it though, I love Spider-Man.
    16- Ms. Marvel: Kamala is amazing and I'm sure I'll grow to like this series again. I just need the story to shape up I guess. Also more focus on Kamala and her hero-life please.
    17- Vision: It was an alright first issue. Just... I don't get it. I'm really confused and I don't even know why.
    18- Uncanny Avengers: Ugh. I miss Janet, Wanda and Alex so much. This is okay. I really don't like the cast overall. I don't want this to be a comedy book. Can Deadpool go please? Really not liking the art by the way.
    19- Carnage: The whole military people hunting down the villain thing doesn't really interest me much. I liked the action though. And Carnage IS scary so it does it's job well I guess.
    20- All-New Hawkeye: Ugh. I don't like the art. I didn't read the first all-new hawkeye so I'm kinda confused as well. I shouldn't blame the book for that but I just really fely empty. Didn't really know what was going on and I feel liek the book didn't do enough to fill me in.
    21- Illuminati: This could have worked better as an Image Comic maybe but I really don't see the need for a book like this. It just has nothing special imo. Bring back Superior Foes Marvel.
    22- All-New All-Different Avengers: Really disliked the first issue but great cast so I'll keep going with it at least for the first arc.
    23- Karnak: Why is this a thing again?
    24- Drax: Oh my God. This was so cringeworthy. I can't continue with this.

DEFINITELY NOT DROPPING
    BUYING AT LEAST THE FIRST ARC
    DROPPED

Yet To Read:

- Sam Wilson: Captain America
    - Star-Lord
    - Web Warriors
    - Unbeatable Squirrel Girl

Not Gonna Read:

- Spider-Gwen
    - Howard the Duck
    - Spider-Man 2099
    - Black Knight

Thanks for reading, please share your rankings.

Incredible Member

1. The Mighty Thor - I'm on it as long as Aaron is.
    2. Doctor Strange - I'm on it as long as Aaron is.
    3. Extraordinary X-Men - I'm still reading it, but it and the books below it are on the chopping block if I have to make cuts soon
    4. Invincible Iron Man
    5. The Ultimates

The only other Marvel book I've tried was The Vision. I did not care for it (despite liking King on Grayson and Omega Men) and won't be picking up issue 2.

Loved, will definitely keep following:
    - Astonishing Ant-Man
    - Captain America: Sam Wilson
    - Doctor Strange
    - Extraordinary X-Men
    - Karnak
    - The Mighty Thor
    - The Vision

Liked, will try the first arc and decide from there:
    - All-New, All-Different Avengers
    - All-New Wolverine
    - Black Knight
    - Deadpool
    - Invincible Iron Man
    - Hercules
    - The Ultimates
    - Uncanny Inhumans

Didn't like, probably dropped already:
    - Drax
    - Guardians of the Galaxy
    - Illuminati
    - Howling Commandos of S.H.I.E.L.D.
    - New Avengers
    - Uncanny Avengers

Incredible Member Highland Chicken's Avatar

Captain America Sam Wilson
    ASM
    The vision
    web warriors
    Uncanny Avengers
    Ms Marvel
    All new wolverine
    Ultimates
    Carnage
    Spider-woman
    Invincible Iron man
    The Mighty Thor
    All new all different avengers

Everything I've read from a pretty general best to worst:

1. The Vision: Loved it, wasn't initially sold on the idea but there was no doubt I was gonna pick this up after how good Grayson/Omega men have been so far. King is 3/3 so far for me.
    2. Spider-Gwen: Was planning on dropping it after finding the initial 5 issues just "okay" but after picking it up on a light week the first new issue really started to click for me and now I'm back on board.
    3. Extraordinary X-men: Haven't ready any previous x-men series at all and just picked it up at random, I've enjoyed it quite a bit so far.
    4. Invincible Iron Man: It's good so far, i'm more happy to just have any iron man book back now then anything, though I do wish they would address the previous superior iron man run.
    5. All-New Wolverine: Again like x-men, not to much background knowledge going in and I liked the first issue.
    6. Carnage: Kind of on the fence about this one, was pretty excited for it but the first issue didn't grab me.
    7. Howard the Duck: The first issue back I've felt is the weakest issue so far after really enjoying all the other ones, and the gwenpool backup did absolutely nothing for me.
    8. Doctor Strange: I was really really looking forward to reading a new doctor strange book but there is just something about Aaron's writing that puts me off quick(though I have much less problems with his writing here then on Star Wars)
    9. All New All Different Avengers: Well that was disappointing, the main part of the issue felt so generic and boring and the backup seemed to drag on and on, not even gonna bother picking up the second issue.
    11. Amazing Spider-Man: Don't like the direction, don't like Slott's writing very much. Guess i'm just never gonna read a new Spider-Man book.
    10. Spider-man 2099: After the mediocre pre SW run and SW tie in I was hoping this would finally get on track but it seems like it's just gone from mediocre to just plain bad. I still can't figure out why this series isn't actually set in 2099.

I'll definitely pick up Moon Knight whenever the heck that finally comes back and i might try Scarlet Witch(though the different artist on every issue approach doesn't appeal to me), Punisher, and Black Panther when they come out.
    Last edited by Panfoot; 11-19-2015 at 05:02 PM.

Greetings, Chicken!!! Mantis Girl 94's Avatar

#1 Vision....nuff said

Loved:
    All-New All-Different Avengers
    Amazing Spider-Man
    Carnage
    Doctor Strange
    Hercules
    Howard the Duck
    Invincible Iron Man
    Karnak
    Ms Marvel
    New Avengers
    Spider-Gwen
    Spider-Man 2099
    Ultimates
    Uncanny Inhumans
    Vision

Liked A Good Amount:
    Black Knight
    Contest of Champions
    Deadpool & Cable: Split Second
    Guardians of the Galaxy
    Nova
    Uncanny Avengers
    WebWarriors

Liked Less:
    Angela Queen of Hel
    Extraordinary X-Men
    Illuminati

Bad:
    Drax
    Howling Commandos of SHIELD

Haven't Read Yet:
    All-New Wolverine
    Astonishing Ant-Man
    Deadpool
    Mighty Thor
    Sam Wilson: Captain America
    Spider-Woman
    Star-Lord
    Unbeatable Squirrel Girl
    Last edited by Some Guy; 11-19-2015 at 07:08 PM. Reason: Spelling

Liked a lot;
    Amazing spider man,
    New avengers,
    Uncanny inhumans
    Hercules
    Howling commandos of SHIELD
    Web warriors
    2)sticking with them for now;
    Spider man 2099
    Uncanny avengers ( the approach needs to change.
    Contest of champions
    Nova
    Ultimates
    Sam wilson; captain america
    3) dropping or have dropped;
    Invincible iron man; ( having second thoughts about international iron man, too.)
    Extraordinary xmen.
    Karnak
    4) too soon to tell;
    All new all different avengers
    Uncanny inhumans
    Uncanny xmen
    Totally awesome hulk
    Spider man
    Power man/ iron fist
    Agents of shield
    Hyperion
    All new xmen ( which wasn't originally on my list.)
    EDIT: Actually, Add "Agents of Shield to my dropped list; I'm not fond of straight up spy books.
    Last edited by protege; 11-21-2015 at 04:11 PM.

Amazing Member

I've actually read most of them because a friend buys all Marvel and DC #1's, so I can do this.

1 - Vision best writing of any debut so far and it's not even remotely close, great art too. Actually one of the best debuts from any publisher this year.
    2/3 - Ms. Marvel/Captain America: Sam Wilson other than that really forced 'don't make fat jokes' moment from Ms. Marvel, these were both well written and charming.
    4 - Karnak I didn't have any interest in the character but this was a promising start.
    5/6 - All-New All-Different Avengers/Extraordinary X-Men fairly standard but also very well put together team stories.
    7 - Doctor Strange the characterization is a little off but the story has a lot of potential.
    8/9 - Astonishing Ant-Man/The Mighty Thor Ant-Man has been good since before the relaunch and this is no different, Thor is a clear step up from before the relaunch.
    10/11/12/13 - All-New Hawkeye/All-New Wolverine/Hercules/The Ultimates I liked all these well enough but I wasn't particularly impressed.
    14/15 - Contest of Champions/New Avengers I didn't like them much but the ideas have potential.
    16/17/18 - Deadpool/Amazing Spider-Man/Spider-Gwen pretty underwhelming but not completely terrible.
    19 - Invincible Iron Man I really, really wanted to like it but after that facial hair bros thing I had to be honest with myself and drop the book. Good art though.
    20/21/22/23 - Black Knight/Carnage/Illuminati/Spider-Man 2099 I guess I just don't see the point.
    24/25/26 - Uncanny Avengers/Uncanny Inhumans/Nova I keep giving them chances and they keep being bad, except UA which wasn't this bad before.

If something isn't listed I just didn't care enough to spend my time reading it.

BANNED

With everything that's coming out, I have to be completely ruthless in keeping my pull list limited to only the books that I'm really into and not stuff that I can give an arc or two to see if I might warm up to them in time.

Given that, my take on what I've read so far is this:

Staying with:

Amazing Spider-Man
    Uncanny Avengers
    Invincible Iron Man
    Sam Wilson: Captain America
    The Mighty Thor
    Vision
    Astonishing Ant-Man
    Uncanny Inhumans
    Contest of Champions
    Deadpool
    Karnak
    Hercules

Really digging all these books.

Dropping:

Carnage
    Doctor Strange
    New Avengers
    Spider-Gwen
    Ultimates
    Howling Commandos of SHIELD
    Unbeatable Squirrel Girl
    Extraordinary X-Men

Some of the titles I'm dropping aren't necessarily because they're bad, per se, just that I'm not in love with them enough to justify sticking with them (like Spider-Gwen). Or that I feel I'm just not really the audience for them (like Squirrel Girl). I might give books like Doctor Strange and Ultimates (two books I wanted to like but that just didn't click with me) another try if I have an otherwise slow week.

There's a few books, like All-New Wolverine, Black Knight and Spider-Woman that look really good but I don't want to start them, then have to drop them for $ reasons - especially when I know there's still plenty of other ANAD titles yet to come that I plan on getting, like the Miles Morales Spidey, Bendis' second IM book, Waid and Samnee's Black Widow, Power Man and Iron Fist, Daredevil, Old Man Logan, Squadron Supreme, and Black Panther.
    Last edited by Prof. Warren; 11-19-2015 at 09:12 PM.

BANNED

Loved: Hercules, Extraordinary X-Men, Web Warriors, Spider-Gwen, Thor, Ultimates, Black Knight, Sam Wilson, Amazing Spider-Man, Invincible Iron Man, Ant-Man, Karnak, All-New Wolverine, SM2099

Didn't blow me away, but we'll keep reading: Anad Avengers, Uncanny Inhumans, Illuminati

Meh: Carnage, New Avengers, Howling Commandos, Spider Woman

I still haven't read Uncanny Avengers, Ms Marvel, Nova

Incredible Member idisestablish's Avatar

<3
    Extraordinary X-Men
    Vision
    Uncanny Inhumans
    Karnak

Not yet released...
    These are still pretty much a guarantee for me.
    All-New Inhumans
    Scarlet Witch
    Silver Surfer
    A-Force
    Moon Knight
    Mockingbird

So far, so good..
    I'm not exactly anxious for the next issue, but I'm still enjoying it so far.
    Invincible Iron Man
    Uncanny Avengers
    Mighty Thor
    Black Knight
    Guardians of the Galaxy

TBD.. Haven't read it yet. Some not yet released, some I will definitely try, and some I may not try. These are all up in the air for one reason or another.
    Power Man and Iron Fist
    Totally Awesome Hulk
    Captain Marvel
    Agents of SHIELD
    Daredevil
    Ultimates
    Doctor Strange
    Hercules
    Amazing Spider-Man
    Spider-Woman
    Illuminati
    Web Warriors
    Spider-Gwen
    Ms. Marvel
    All-New Hawkeye

You're on probation... I'm a little underwhelmed, but not yet prepared to drop.Astonishing Ant-Man
    New Avengers
    Nova

Never gonna get it...
    Anything not listed elsewhere I have no intention of trying/buying.

I've not actually dropped anything yet. Ironically, with the larger selection, I was forced to really consider what I was going to get, which left me with fewer titles overall. Still a pretty big TBD list, but we'll see.

BANNED

I'm just dying to read Uncanny X-Men, Nighthawk, All-New Inhumans (Crystal is just incredible), Moon Knight, Luke Cage and Spider-Man. Might give Scarlet Witch a try, why not?

BANNED

Keeping:

1) The Amazing Spider-Man: I'm actually a big fan of the new direction, I love Camuncoli and I'm interested to see what will happen with Ock. Sign me up as a satisfied customer!
    2) Hercules: I love the new direction, and I thoroughly enjoyed the 1st issue, so I'll be pulling this.
    3) Black Knight: I wasn't wowed, but the story shows a lot of promise. I'm definitely interested to see where it goes, so I'll be sticking with it. It helps that I'm getting a serious Dark/Demons Souls vide as well...
    4) Ultimates: I could do without MAC, but everything else was perfect. Best team book from ANAD's line-up for me.
    5) Deadpool: Duggan's Wade is as close to Kelly's as it gets, so needles to say, I'll be following the book, like I've done with the previous vol.
    6) Doctor Strange: I've not tried to hide the fact that I really disliked Aaron's take on Stephen. But, the book is entertaining, and Strange is one of the few characters I'll follow regardless of the quality of the title, so, yeah...

Dropping:

1) Invincible Iron Man: I was expecting something like Fraction's run, but it was meh. The art was great, and the book is entertaining, but eh, I don't think I'll even buy the TPBs/HCs.
    2) Illuminati: Meh, I was expecting more. Might grab the Trades in clearance or something.
    3) Howling Commandos: Same with Illuminati...
    4) Uncanny Avengers: Meh to bad, if you ask me.
    5) Sam Wilson-Captain America: Eh, it didn't do anything for me...
    6) The Mighty Thor: Eh, the art's fantastic but the writting....Not so much...

Trade-Waitting:

1) Carnage: I liked the whole "Alien meets a Police Drama" feel, but I think this will read much better in HC form.
    2) Karnak: The whole reason I pulled this was Ellis, but he won't stay for more than one arc, so why bother? I'll just get the first TPB when it's released.
    3) Spider-Man 2099: I liked it, just not as much as I hoped. To the TPB category it goes!
    4) Uncanny X-Men: I needed to cancel something to add Silver Surfer, so I went with that. While I like all of the characters, the lack of Emma and Scott made it a bit easier to do so. I'll still probably buy the trades though.
    5) Vision: I loved the 1st issue, but again, I think this will read better in trades.

Not Yet read, but adding no matter what:

1) Silver Surfer: Sure, it's not 80s Philosophical Norrin, but it's Doctor Who x Marvel, and I love me some Doctor Who. Plus, I thoroughly enjoyed the previous Vol.
    2) Moon Knight: Come on, do I even need to say it?
    3) Black Panther: Same with MK, I'll follow T'Challa anywhere and everywhere.
    4) Daredevil: It's a lawyer writting a lawyer (well, a Prosecutor, but you get the idea), it's literally a match made in Heaven.
    Last edited by Darthkostis; 11-20-2015 at 12:37 AM.

Will definitely keep following:
    - All-New Wolverine: Great art, intriguing story, awesome moments, my favorite character, a writer who knows how to write the character after Bendis who didn't. Really couldn't be any better.
    - Extraordinary X-Men: X-title with characters I like in it. That's it.
    - The Mighty Thor: God this one was so good and I just love it. Russell Dauterman art is just beautiful. I read part of the previous Thor run and I found it good but not great but this new one blew me away. I think the reason is that the "mysterious woman wielding Mjolnir" part is now finally resolved and we can dig deeper into the character.

Will try the first arc and decide from there:
    - Angela: Queen of Hel: Kinda sad since I should really love Angela since she has all the traits of a character that I would enjoy but honestly her previous run didn't impress me at all and this new one couldn't erase my worries entirely.
    - Spider-Gwen: Obviously an insanely popular character so I had to check her out myself. I read the previous run before and just found it OK and the same thing is happening with the new one so far. Quite honestly I found the previous run of Silk way better and if the new one won't disappoint me either I will likely drop Gwen for her.

Dropped already:
    - Amazing Spider-Man: Marvels most popular character but after reading the first two issue I have to say that he is just not for me. I never really connected with Spider-Man and this one couldn't change that.

Released books that Im interested in trying out but haven't yet:
    - Ultimates
    - Doctor Strange
    - All-New Hawkeye (I heard it's a pretty good idea to have read the previous run before to understand what's going on)

Books that I will definitely try out when they are released:
    - All-New X-Men
    - Uncanny X-Men
    - Old Man Logan
    - Blade
    - Black Widow
    - Mockingbird
    - Gamora
    - Scarlet Witch
    - Captain Marvel
    - A-Force
    - Silk (duh. One week to go.)