Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

1527352879291688008.jpg

Here's another image, I didn't change colors. Looks like the red leather was a deeper hue than the other picture with the blue skirt throwing it off.

The classical Greek motifs in the details are quite lovely. I would have liked to see this on the big screen.

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

Her boobs look like apples

Gal's costume has the eagle and the W on it so I like it more

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PretenderNX01 View Post
    It's nice but nothing special, kinda looks like the knockoff costumes that would be sold as like "Warrior Female" or something
    For a second after reading this I was searching for a like button.

Between this and the actual costume used, I think maybe they could have been made to look more comfy.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    For a second after reading this I was searching for a like button.

Between this and the actual costume used, I think maybe they could have been made to look more comfy.
    the stringless corset really seems nothing comfy. it is not a practical armor in any way

i think Miller costume lack the double W. it is more beautiful and less warrior type.

BANNED

I like the costume, but couldn't see it in a movie. Maybe if the colors were corrected like Timbale shows.

Yeah, Carter was the only WW pretty much ever and it's not like she had to be fit in order to become a beloved icon. Weird with characters whose powers don't come from working out. Like I appreciate Henry Cavill, but being jacked has nothing to do with Superman's strength.

And it's weird how it comes around to body shaming, talking about how she hasn't looked like she's eaten in months and such. As tall as she is, if that was really an issue, she could probably put on a bit more if she had the role confirmed.
    But we do know that Diana worked out. She trained to be the best since she was a child, and, because she's an Amazon, she naturally bigger than a normal woman. I've yet to really read the Nu52 WW title, but I've seen how she, and all of her people, dwarf that regular woman that hangs out with her.

Spectacular Member

I think Gale looks like a regal, beautiful and imposing Diana. These were VERY early promo shots but if they were final I would say that some arm muscle definition would help.

Overall I much prefer Gadot's costume. Gale's doesn't have and eagle or a WW. I agree on more red less on the blue but I the real issue is that nothing is made of metal. The braces look leather to me and while the sizing and design are fine they don't look like they're made from metal/could deflect a bullet.

Quote Originally Posted by HeWhoSlapsAll View Post
    But we do know that Diana worked out. She trained to be the best since she was a child, and, because she's an Amazon, she naturally bigger than a normal woman. I've yet to really read the Nu52 WW title, but I've seen how she, and all of her people, dwarf that regular woman that hangs out with her.
    But there's no physique that would accurately convey her physical capacity, even if she was built like Campbell's Glory.

Gale looks pretty similar to the Chiang version, which is bigger and more mature than the Finch version. The curvy model forms depicted by almost every artist are almost always unlikely for someone who's trained their entire life to be a melee warrior. Most of them would be quickly disqualified by the large breasts.

BANNED

But there's no physique that would accurately convey her physical capacity, even if she was built like Campbell's Glory.

Gale looks pretty similar to the Chiang version, which is bigger and more mature than the Finch version. The curvy model forms depicted by almost every artist are almost always unlikely for someone who's trained their entire life to be a melee warrior. Most of them would be quickly disqualified by the large breasts.
    There's physically strong women with curves, and fairly big breasts. It's just not the body builder types. Gale and Gadot don't even look as good as Blunt did in Edge of Tomorrow.

Still think that Theron has a better build that allow her to sculpt her body into something that would resemble an Amazon, because neither Gale or Gadot look like Amazons.

When they cast an actress like Gwendoline Christie or Gabrielle Reece, I'll be completely happy. But having Wonder Woman on the big screen is a good step!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

BANNED

TBH it looks mostly like a really good cos-play adaptation of the costume.

I'd run the colors a little brighter because even though it has that cosplay feel, when I look at the official costume it feels more like a period piece. I hope it'll change at the end of the movie.

There's physically strong women with curves, and fairly big breasts. It's just not the body builder types.
    Well, if we're talking about physical strength or performance athletes, I would put many drawings of WW closest to Serena Williams. But they wouldn't really be suited to combat.

Still think that Theron has a better build that allow her to sculpt her body into something that would resemble an Amazon, because neither Gale or Gadot look like Amazons.
    Not that it's a great source, but Google was the best I could find. Apparently Theron is an inch shorter and ten pounds lighter than Gale. While everyone carries and puts on weight differently, it didn't seem to me like such a thing where one is a great example and the other is terrible.

In the face, she looks more like WW than Gadot...but body-wise, it just as bad, if not worse.

Seriously, this skinny girl image that the US seems enamored with is ridiculous. Diana should NEVER be this pathetically skinny. Even as a child, she's got more meat (as in muscle) than this actress.

I'll keep saying it. Charlize Theron, who looks like she could carry more weight (both muscle, and otherwise) quite well, and her performance as Furiosa, as a savage and efficient, fighter, made her a perfect WW. I don't know why WB/DC didn't tie her down during her shooting of Mad Max.
    Have you seen how Diana has been drawn for decades? This look isn't far off.

Mighty Member

Megan Gale was great in Fury Road, and I think she'd make a really good job playing Diana.

I could care less what body type she has...

Quite telling why Grant Morrison felt he needed to write a Wonder Woman story where she's put on trial.
    Last edited by borntohula; 11-21-2015 at 03:24 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Have you seen how Diana has been drawn for decades? This look isn't far off.
    Sure, but these comic book movies, while fantasy, still has a level of realism to it. You can't make anyone believe that Gal, or Gale, look like monster slayers, b/c that's essentially what Amazons look like (while still being fine as hell, ofc).

Also, I've just read Kingdom Come for the first time, and Gale's look as WW simply doesn't hold up. Hell, let's go by Nu52 Diana, and she's still a huge woman. Perhaps Theron is not the best choice,but I'm pretty sure there's an unknown out that that could fit the role better than these stick figures.

Incredible Member FIFTY-TWO (52)'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Timbales View Post
    I like it, tone down the blue and pump up the red and it's a nice look.

Attachment 29221
    Wow!
    And people thought Gadot was too skinny! Granted, Megan is beautiful, but I'm not a fan of this look. It's too pose-y. The wind is strong enough to blow back her hair, but the clumsily attached skirt/loin cloth doesn't move at all?

Also, it's weird that there are no identifiers (W's or eagle motiffs) on Diana's armor. The tiara looks too beauty pageant and the bracelets don't fit.
    It's a nice attempt, but I think Michael Wilkinson did a much better job.
    Last word out of your sorry mouth will be SIR and it will be LOUD!!