View Poll Results: Will Rocket Raccoon become the next Wolverine?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes (Why?)

11 32.35%
  • No (Why not?)

23 67.65%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Will Rocket Raccoon become the first character since Wolverine to become the next Wolverine?

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Don't see it personally but I could be wrong.

I hope so.

The more A list characters the better.

Even if Rocket jumps for D list to B list that would be extraordinary... it doesn't happen often...

A lot of it will depend on how good the movie is I would guesss (or how well it does)
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I hope so, he's a pretty great character, and he's had a quite bigger role I'm the MU showing up in Infinity and next issue of Original Sin where he teams up with the punisher.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    next issue of Original Sin where he teams up with the punisher.
    SERIOUSLY?

All my dreams are coming true.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

No, most people are talking about 300k orders and not the character.

I hope not I got sick of wolverine. It would be cool if he became popular but not overexposed.
    We need better comics

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

I hope he becomes the next Wolverine, Spider-Man, DeadPool, just not as overexposed, but indeed gains a nice slice of A-Lister Popularity, So I can see it being a possibility if many good things fall into place.

So I say a Possible Yes.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    SERIOUSLY?

All my dreams are coming true.
    Here's the image.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by sifighter; 06-12-2014 at 09:26 AM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

I think it really depends on the strength of the movie. If GotG is a hit, you're going to see a ton of toy sales and the like. Whether that actually equates to comic sales is dicey, but I think Marvel is definitely putting their best foot forward by courting younger fans with the Scottie Young series.

Wasn't Deadpool the first character since Wolverine to become the next Wolverine?

Anyway, I'm glad Rocket is getting the spotlight. I hope it lasts beyond the movie. Can't wait to see him in Disney Infinity 2.0

Boisterously Confused

He's fun, but I can't see it sustaining.

It would probably be better if he doesn't. I have a picture in my head of kids all over the country wanting to play with the cute forest critters that look just like Rocket, only to discover what viciously violent beasts raccoons really are.

A funny animal becoming popular and an A lister? I could never see it.

Ultimate Member

I don't think so but I hope so.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
    Wasn't Deadpool the first character since Wolverine to become the next Wolverine?

Anyway, I'm glad Rocket is getting the spotlight. I hope it lasts beyond the movie. Can't wait to see him in Disney Infinity 2.0
    He was. Rocket Raccoon won't be, at least in the comic world. This is a result of the movie, which might temporarily boost him into superstar status but do we really see him carrying 2 or 3 solo titles ten years down the line? It's possible, but comically over-sized gun to my head I'd say it's not happening.

He might however be more popular outside of our little niche hobby if the movie is as much of a success as I want it to be. He's by far the most marketable character of the bunch, and a Rocket Raccoon & the Guardians of the Galaxy cartoon seems like a no-brainer.