Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Amazing Member

Default Batman and Robin Eternal #8 Preview / Discussion

Batman and Robin Eternal #8

Source: TheRainbowHub

http://www.therainbowhub.com/exclusi...nal-8-preview/

Summary: Batman comes face to face with Mother. Can Grayson, Bluebird and Cassandra Cain fight their way out of the Prague ballet?!
    Richard has an encounter with Mother in the present, and Bruce in the past.

Out of all the Robins, Jason Todd is my favourite

I love how Cassandra already took on a "ballet fighting-style" through looking at them. The color difference in the title panels is a great touch. I don't know how to feel about the "you were never what he hoped" route they are going again and I don't really get what Dick is doing in the last to panels, attacking or just walking? Either way. He will lose, they have focused on that pin/kunai-thing since last Issue after all.

The cover is awesome.

Amazing Member

Really? This not good enough nonsense again despite proving himself as DickBats? Why do they want to drag him back to Nightwing level again?

If the issue plays out the way i'm expecting it to, I'm dropping this terrible story.

Spectacular Member dick_wingnut's Avatar

I feel you seven, but I cant help but feel they are banging that notion against our heads repeatedly to deliver Dick some majestic moments of payoff in the future. At least I hope so, I thought the same after the first tragic issue of Forever Evil..

Cover is awesome, this preview is great, cant wait.

Extraordinary Member

Mother making the claim and being petty about it actually fits the idea that she offered Bruce her own version, and it was rejected not just as wrong...but inadequate.

This is Dick Grayson, after all.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

BANNED

Tynion interview.
    http://www.newsarama.com/26896-hello...econd-act.html

Pretty much gives away the return of JPV throughout the interview even though Lane has been Azrael for years,so much for these Eternal books pushing diversity. The interview is so 90's that it completely hits you in the face. Some of my favorite parts:

1) We're doing the same thing with Cassandra Cain, in that obviously her history is no longer dominated by the League of Assassins and Ra's Al Ghul. So now we have the opportunity to do something that's still true to the core of the character, but allows for a brand new story

So she wasn't created to be Ra's al Ghul's soldier,she was created to be Mothers soldier...this is change in his eyes.

2) , we were bringing back Carmine Falcone, and we were talking about having Catwoman in the story, and that she's the illegitimate daughter of Carmine Falcone — but then we realized that hasn't been established in the "New 52," and we could do something totally new that would serve this story

She's not Falcone's illegitimate child,she's some other big crime lords illegitimate child,I know it's not new news but whoop dee doo,give this man a cigar for such a brilliant idea.

And now my absolute favorite part
    and seeing a new organization that may have ties to Mother and her larger plot. And it's an organization that's going to be very familiar to long-time Batman fans.

It's both new and old not only is that utterly stupid but sadly it's also very predictable. The 90's are over James please move on.
    Last edited by darkseidpwns; 11-21-2015 at 01:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    Tynion interview.

Pretty much gives away the return of JPV throughout the interview even though Lane has been Azrael for years,so much for these Eternal books pushing diversity. The interview is so 90's that it completely hits you in the face. Some of my favorite parts:

1) We're doing the same thing with Cassandra Cain, in that obviously her history is no longer dominated by the League of Assassins and Ra's Al Ghul. So now we have the opportunity to do something that's still true to the core of the character, but allows for a brand new story

So she wasn't created to be Ra's al Ghul's soldier,she was created to be Mothers soldier...this is change in his eyes.

2) , we were bringing back Carmine Falcone, and we were talking about having Catwoman in the story, and that she's the illegitimate daughter of Carmine Falcone — but then we realized that hasn't been established in the "New 52," and we could do something totally new that would serve this story

She's not Falcone's illegitimate child,she's some other big crime lords illegitimate child,I know it's not new news but whoop dee doo,give this man a cigar for such a brilliant idea.

And now my absolute favorite part
    and seeing a new organization that may have ties to Mother and her larger plot. And it's an organization that's going to be very familiar to long-time Batman fans.

It's both new and old not only is that utterly stupid but sadly it's also very predictable. The 90's are over James please move on.
    Oh no.

You may have already seen David Cain and you might not even know it yet.
    Noooooooo!

Secret histories are always fun.
    Not if every single character has a secret history... multiple times.

BANNED

I have never been bummed by an interview before,it's like we're moving backwards.

I hope Orphan is David Cain, LoL.

"Jason Todd and Tim Drake are off on their adventure that's going to end up bringing in characters that no one's expecting to show up in the series, and I'm very excited for people to finally find out who we're bringing in here"

I hope they just mean JPV and not a whole slew of characters. The reboot was the perfect time to cull superfluous characters and tighten the continuity. Recently they seem to be throwing characters in left, right and centre. I'd rather see Stephanies character fleshed out a little more, for example, than have JPV introduced.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Nightwing View Post
    "Jason Todd and Tim Drake are off on their adventure that's going to end up bringing in characters that no one's expecting to show up in the series, and I'm very excited for people to finally find out who we're bringing in here"

I hope they just mean JPV and not a whole slew of characters. The reboot was the perfect time to cull superfluous characters and tighten the continuity. Recently they seem to be throwing characters in left, right and centre. I'd rather see Stephanies character fleshed out a little more, for example, than have JPV introduced.
    JPV had a complete story starting from his mini series and ending at his solo run, there is absolutely NO reason in the world to bring him back other than for nostalgia purposes. They want the Order of St Dumas fine but JPV? did Lane go completely unnoticed? and what do they plan on doing with him and Cass? a few months ago I joked about Cass,Steph and JPV living in Harper's apartment,someone at DC actually thinks it's a good idea. Still more annoyed at how they go on about bringing characters that haven't been in print for 13 years while completely ignoring the contemporary ones.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    I hope Orphan is David Cain, LoL.
    It's undoubtedly the Batman with the gun in the first issue imo.

Extraordinary Member

I don't really see the point in bringing Jean-Paul Vallley back, he is not really such an interesting character.

And Selina wasn't Falcones daughter in the old continuity, that was just in the "Long Helloween" and the comics that were based on this series, but never in her own series.

BANNED

Tynion interview.

Until we see it how the "Mother" plot pans out, we can`t claim is the same thing.

JPV had a complete story starting from his mini series and ending at his solo run, there is absolutely NO reason in the world to bring him back other than for nostalgia purposes. They want the Order of St Dumas fine but JPV? did Lane go completely unnoticed? and what do they plan on doing with him and Cass? a few months ago I joked about Cass,Steph and JPV living in Harper's apartment,someone at DC actually thinks it's a good idea. Still more annoyed at how they go on about bringing characters that haven't been in print for 13 years while completely ignoring the contemporary ones.
    Well...what did Lane do that made him a name to fans?

I remember Reading Azarel back then and JPV as a central character in the Bat line, but Lane...drawing a blank. Maybe that`s the reason behind this particular nostalgia?
    Last edited by Aioros22; 11-22-2015 at 09:51 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    Until we see it how the "Mother" plot pans out, we can`t claim is the same thing.

Well...what did Lane do that made him a name to fans?

I remember Reading Azarel back then and JPV as a central character in the Bat line, but Lane...drawing a blank. Maybe that`s the reason behind this particular nostalgia?
    Rewriting a character's back story is nothing new no matter how radical the rewrite and in Cassandra's case her history with Shiva and the League unfolded over the course of a few years. If Eternal accomplishes the same with in 6 months then Cass is potentially looking at limbo all over again.

Lane is a POC,I thought these guys were all about diversity,guess I was wrong diversity only matters at DC when you have to eliminate something that threatens your pet. Besides stories can be told with him,JPV has been dead for years and his story had a proper beginning,middle and end not to mention Lane appeared in 2 Arkham games and is a more recent character. JPV is coming back because Tynion is trying to relive the 90's and that' really all there is to it.