Amazing Member

Default Thanos vs Odin and Thor

Thanos with 3 infinity gems of his choice
    Verses
    Odin and Thor with the other 3 between them.
    Odin gives 1 or 2 to Thor and has the remaining 1 or 2 for himself.
    Can Thanos win?

It would probably make the Rumble easier if you said which Infinity Gems Thanos has.

If I recall correctly Thanos was one of if not the only beings who could use the reality gem properly without all the other gems boost him(in which case it's supposedly the most powerful of all the gems by itself), which means he should probably be able to take it with two other gems of his choice, maybe the time gem and another one.

Amazing Member

Slade1, Thanos chooses his gems.
    So he basically has the 3 that you think he has the best chance with.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Reality plus power seems pretty hard to beat, I you know what you are doing.

If this is a standard rumble, the time and space gems are of limited value, due to restrictions on leaving the arena. Maybe the time gem can be used to stop time in a specific area, and if so, Thanos would take that one. If Thanos can use the reality gem without all of the others, he will choose that. The soul gem is of limited use, aside from being able to ring somebody by sending them into that soul pocket-dimension. Mind and power gems are always good for overwhelming attacks, though the power might not do Odin much good.

With all that in mind, I think that Thanos would take: time, reality, and power.

Odin would take: mind and soul
    Thor would get: space

Both Thor and Thanos have highly-debated speeds, so it's easier to say that they are about equal and this is quickdraw situation.

Bell rings.
    Thanos stops time for Odin and Thor, just as Thor is teleporting up next to Thanos.
    Thanos alters the reality rules for Asgardians, making them fragile as glass.
    Thanos cuts loose with a massive blast of energy, amped by the power gem.
    Odin and Thor shatter.
    Game, set, match.

Plus, Thanos is pretty well versed on how all the gems work, whereas Odin & Thor have never really used them. Thor used the Power Gem in Blood & Thunder, but he wouldn't have it in this fight.

I think even Odin would need a little time to get used to the Soul and Mind Gems. I could be wrong, though. I suppose the Mind Gem would help him adapt to the Soul Gem.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

During the gem selection, I picture Thanos with a big grin, while Odin and Thor are both scowling.

Amazing Member

So Thanos is that powerful he only needs 1 or 2 gems to defeat Odin and Thor with boosts of their own?
    Not arguing, just that the gems seem over powered!
    I suppose that's their point.

BANNED

Just because I was in another rumble like this on another board, would the space gem or reality gem be used to shrink Odin and Thor to fingernail size height? (Not that it matters against Odin, as he was able to change his size to fight Galactus recently, but still).

Shrinking them reduces the target size for energy blasts.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by FennerMachine View Post
    So Thanos is that powerful he only needs 1 or 2 gems to defeat Odin and Thor with boosts of their own?
    It's not that Thanos is that powerful. If there was no gems, Odin can solo both Thanos and Thor.

Thanos wins because he get to select which gems they all get to play with.

Amazing Member

I know Odin is more powerful, which is why I gave Thanos pick of the gems.
    Who else could defeat Odin and Thor that would normally lose to them if being boosted by 1 or 2 gems?