Default Squadron Supreme vs The Ultimates

Marvel's two newest teams of badasses go at it in an all out war.

Two scenarios:

1) Team vs Team War

Both teams have 24 hours prep-time. They start off in their own individual HQ's.

Standard powers, weapons and equipment for all combatants.

Current versions of the teams.

SQUADRON SUPREME

Hyperion
    Nighthawk
    Dr Spectrum
    Warrior Woman
    Blur
    Thundra

THE ULTIMATES

Blue Marvel
    Black Panther
    Captain Marvel
    Monica Rambeau
    America Chavez
    She-Hulk

2) ONE ON ONE FIGHTS

Fights take place in the Arena. No BFR's or D-Dumps.

No prep-time.

Hyperion vs Blue Marvel
    Nighthawk vs Black Panther
    Dr Spectrum vs Monica Rambeau
    Warrior Woman vs Captain Marvel
    Blur vs America Chavez
    Thundra vs She-Hulk

Who wins?

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Forgive me for my ignorance on a few of the characters involved, but for the most part I think I've got it:

Hyperion vs Blue Marvel: This fight is tight, as they're closely matched in power and intellect. However, I have to give it to Marvel due to his additional decades of experience and his energy/anti-matter manipulation beating Hyperion's heat vision.

Nighthawk vs Black Panther: Panther stomps.

Dr Spectrum vs Monica Rambeau: The former had to race Black Bolt back to Earth and was taken out by one of his screams, Monica is a confirmed planet-breaker and can move at light speed. This is a lock.

Warrior Woman vs Captain Marvel: I'm not clear enough on either's capabilities.

Blur vs America Chavez: Looking him up, Blur isn't comparable to lightspeed, so America wins easy as she is. Even if he is faster, she can just go for a moment to a reality with the kind of weapons she'd need to take him down and bring them back with her.

Thundra vs She-Hulk: Again, not clear.

That's at least 4-2 in the Ultimates' favor. In the all-out brawl, America would be familiar with the members of the Squadron from other realities and know what to do to beat them given that they've repeatedly posted a threat spanning multiple universes. In any case, the Ultimates win.
    Buh-bye

I'd agree with you on the ones you could answer.

Blue Marvel vs Hyperion: Seeing as how Blue Marvel had previously beaten (off panel in Thunderbolts) King Hyperion, who is supposedly the most powerful version of Hyperion in the Multiverse, I would assume BM could do the same to Hickman's Hyperion. My only issue with BM's previous victory over King Hyperion would be the question of did BM straight up beat Hyperion in a fight, or did he whip up an Argonite weapons with his crazy science skills and take Hyperion out that way? Anyhow, going by feats they are about even, with perhaps Hyperion having a strength advantage, but that being balanced out by BM's higher energy manipulation abilities (more firepower, in other words). I'd lean towards BM on account of his versatility and intelligence.

Nighthawk vs Black Panther: The Supereme-verse Nighthawk is a friggin badass, like a deadlier version of Batman, and is a prep-time beast in his own right, but up against Black Panther? Nighthawk is just outclassed. In pretty much every area. Strength, speed, skill, agility, intelligence, prep-skill, resources, technology....you name it, Panther has Nighthawk beat across the board.

Dr Spectrum vs Monica Rambeau: As above. Monica has Spectrum beat across the board.

Warrior Woman vs Captain Marvel: Warrior Woman is basically a knock off Wonder Woman, although not as powerful. Probably Class 70 at best, but highly skilled and armed with a sword, shield and spear on occasions. Carol might not have WW's skill in melee combat, but she's got air superiority and waaaaay more ranged game attacks. She could just fly around out of reach of WW, blasting her in the face with massive cosmic blasts strong enough to knock the Hulk around. WW isn't touching Carol unless Carol gets stupid, and even then Carol is the stronger and more durable of the two physically. A couple of blasts to soften her up, then a charged-up Class 90-ish KO punch to seal the deal.

Blur vs America Chavez: Even if Blur is fast enough to blitz Chavez, she's pushing Class 100 or some such, if I remember correctly. He's gonna wear himself out trying to hurt her. Then as the previous poster mentioned, she skips off to another dimension and comes back with a time-dialation weapon and slows him down enough to punch his head off.

Thundra vs She-Hulk: Close fight, but I think She-Hulk would take it. Thundra is the more skilled fighter, but She-Hulk is Class 100, while Thundra is barely Class 80. It'd be like the old Hulk vs Thing fights. Thing would hang in there a while thanks to his skill, but eventually Hulk beats him down. It'd be the same hear. She-Hulk isn't a half bad hand to hand fighter herself, so she'd be good enough that it wouldn't be a total stomp in the other direction. Thundra is gonna land more hits, while She-Hulk will land the harder hits, and evenutally Thundra is gonna feel the harder hits more so than She-Hulk is gonna be feeling the less powerful but more frequent hits from Thundra.

I forgot King Hyperion; yeah, Blue Marvel just plain pummeled him into the ground with his bare hands, though he was exceptionally angry at the time - most of the time, that Hyperion was stronger, but he pushed the wrong buttons in Adam on the wrong day. Marvel's gone toe-to-toe with Sentry, so at the end of the day I'd say any difference in strength between him and the current Hyperion is negligible (though this Hyperion might be a bit smarter in turn, given that he figured something out Stark's tech couldn't).
    Buh-bye

What exactly has Blue Marvel done to put him in the same league as someone who holds apart planets ? Losing to Sentry is nice , but what else actually backs that up? What feats has he got with his other abilities ?

Also are people saying T'Challa is way above Batman again? ( forgive me if that's not what was meant , but there IS a line there implying the same...)

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Monica has destroyed a planet?

Quote Originally Posted by The Dork Knight View Post
    What exactly has Blue Marvel done to put him in the same league as someone who holds apart planets ? Losing to Sentry is nice , but what else actually backs that up? What feats has he got with his other abilities ?

Also are people saying T'Challa is way above Batman again? ( forgive me if that's not what was meant , but there IS a line there implying the same...)
    Blue Marvel's been consistently noted as being in the Thor/Hulk/Hyperion/Sentry weightclass, including beating King Hyperion and forcing Sentry to fight with all he had (with the help of the rest of the Avengers at that point) to bring him down; when the inverted Avengers try to bring down Cage's Mighty Avengers, BM is the only one they don't even try and fight, arranging a distraction elsewhere for him and finding a way out of the fight as soon as he returns. His power isn't in question. As for Nighthawk, this is the Supreme Power version, who while very tough is by my understanding not in the Batman/Black Panther weight class that the normal Nighthawk occupies.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Monica has destroyed a planet?
    In the last issue of Captain America and the Mighty Avengers, when faced with the Last Incursion, Monica fires herself at Earth-1610 at the speed of light, fully intending to shatter it before hesitating at the last moment. She, at least, operates under the assumption that she's on a planet-breaking scale of power.
    Buh-bye

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    Blue Marvel's been consistently noted as being in the Thor/Hulk/Hyperion/Sentry weightclass, including beating King Hyperion and forcing Sentry to fight with all he had (with the help of the rest of the Avengers at that point) to bring him down; when the inverted Avengers try to bring down Cage's Mighty Avengers, BM is the only one they don't even try and fight, arranging a distraction elsewhere for him and finding a way out of the fight as soon as he returns. His power isn't in question. As for Nighthawk, this is the Supreme Power version, who while very tough is by my understanding not in the Batman/Black Panther weight class that the normal Nighthawk occupies.

In the last issue of Captain America and the Mighty Avengers, when faced with the Last Incursion, Monica fires herself at Earth-1610 at the speed of light, fully intending to shatter it before hesitating at the last moment. She, at least, operates under the assumption that she's on a planet-breaking scale of power.
    Did she do so in her physical form? That could give her the mass to pull an infinite mass punch style thing, but I'm otherwise not sure why light moving at the speed of light would destroy the world. (Also, why is Monica trying to destroy planets?)

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

And did it actually happen?
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    And did it actually happen?
    Nope. Monica stopped because she saw kids playing and couldn't go through with it.

Also Monica just gives up her fight against Dr. Spectrum(V?), due to the fact sharing the same handle as her.