Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Old Man Ollie 1962's Avatar

Default Past/Present Meaningful Friendships Among Marvel Heroes

Wolverine and Nightcrawler had a special bond. Logan and "Elf" had some very deep and meaningful discussions about life and death, the overall ethics/morality of killing. That relationship will be sorely missed.

nightcrawlerbar1.jpg

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Nice Idea for a Thread Oliver Matthew Logan1962!

One of my favorites that I Keep HOPING to see comeback to the Page of Marvel, it is still their but we have not seen it since AvX #0 is the BFF's of Carol Danvers and Wanda Maximoff!

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

I don't have any scans, but Thor and Hyperion.

Astonishing Member Old Man Ollie 1962's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Nice Idea for a Thread Oliver Matthew Logan1962!

One of my favorites that I Keep HOPING to see comeback to the Page of Marvel, it is still their but we have not seen it since AvX #0 is the BFF's of Carol Danvers and Wanda Maximoff!

Great example, CJ.

Spider-man and Daredevil!

As Spidey called it, the "Two-man beach volleyball team of the superhero set"

Carol and Jessica are one of my favourite friendships, because they actually feel like real friends. They'll go to the wall for each other, no questions asked, but they will also insult each other mercilessly.

It was fairly short-lived, by Forge and Dr. Nemesis are one of my favourite pairings ever. They created a giant robot and a giant scorpion to see which would win! That's awesome. You can't beat that.

Cannonball and Sunspot has always been a great bromance. Bros for life! Similarly, Dani and Wolfsbane were always really nice together, even if Claremont sometimes laid on the subtext way too thick. And, also related, Kitty and Illyana. Love those two. And let's throw in Cypher and Warlock, too! All three of those friendships are ones that go into Soul Mates territory, not in a romantic sense, but in the friendship sense. Claremont had a lot of close friendships, actually.

Misty Knight and Colleen Wing. Another pair who have always had a deep connection. And I guess there were a couple guys who hung around with them who were pretty OK friends, too. But clearly, it was the Daughters of the Dragon who were important.

And I'll finish with Kieron Gillen and Jamie McKelvie. They're great buds. Even if half of their interactions are McKelvie telling Gillen off for his terrible puns.

There is also Wolverine and Deadpool, Wolverine helped Deadpool get a grip on life after the Good the bad and the ugly. which inspired Deadpool to care Omega Red, even after he tried to kill Deadpool several times.

There are a lot, but the one I feel like mentioning right now (in light of re-reading the Brubacker run) is the longstanding friendship of Steve Rogers and Bucky. It's a friendship that has a lot of history, and one that's endured a lot of struggling and conflict, but ultimately has withstood it all as a strong and heartwarming bond between two people who'd go above and beyond to have each other backs .

Amazing Member

Luke Cage/Iron Fist is a great one, and Rocket Raccoon/Groot has been getting pushed a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    It was fairly short-lived, by Forge and Dr. Nemesis are one of my favourite pairings ever. They created a giant robot and a giant scorpion to see which would win! That's awesome. You can't beat that.
    Seconded for support.

docandforge3.jpg

docandforge.jpg

Those two were made for each other. Also dug all Domino+Boom Boom stuff from the same run - usually Dom's shown as an impulsive wild-child, but with Tabby around she suddenly morphs into an exasperated den mother who would happily throw the blonde numpty off a cliff if she didn't quietly find her adorable.
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.

Wonder Man and Beast
    Cap and Falcon
    Last edited by po-boy; 11-21-2015 at 02:41 PM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Spider-man and Daredevil!

As Spidey called it, the "Two-man beach volleyball team of the superhero set"
    Seconding Spider-Man and Daredevil. There should be a team-up series of those two, like there was for Spider-Man and the Human Torch, for Spider-Man and Wolverine, and is upcoming for Spider-Man and Deadpool.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Greetings, Chicken!!! Mantis Girl 94's Avatar

Stephen and Wong
    Norrin and Toomie
    Namor and Victor
    Bobby and Warren
    Matt and Natasha
    Midnight and Shang
    Ben and Johnny
    Bruce and Doc
    It and FFF
    Luke and Han

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Seconding Spider-Man and Daredevil. There should be a team-up series of those two, like there was for Spider-Man and the Human Torch, for Spider-Man and Wolverine, and is upcoming for Spider-Man and Deadpool.
    I loved their dynamic in The Omega Effect crossover and in Suicide Kings too

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by po-boy View Post
    Cap and Falcon
    Aren't they the same guy?