Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by Narasinha View Post
    I don't know for others, but in my case I said "the reviewer" because, frankly, I don't even saw your name. Must have been hidden behind a pop-up ad.
    Thank you for saying so much about yourself with this comment.

Keep making great art. I look forward to the day you break though! I do mean that. You are good.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMattLittle View Post
    It's rare that I ever HATE a book; I didn't hate this.
    I liked some stuff, didn't like some other stuff, and wanted to talk about it.
    (...)None of the characters in this book are out of character and I like that Lemiere's scripts are a better balance of plot/dialogue than Bendis'. Because his dialogue is awesome but entire seasons of television go by as he's telling one story.
    (...)
    Dark is good;
    It was rated accurately to me. Sorry if I look at the world differently than you do. This, to me, is a negative review. I am sorry if you don't like my approach to my own work that you all say is actually good (thank you for that by the way).
    Here we go again...
    Look at we you said, about the book, in one of your first post: It doesn't sound that negative.
    Look at what you wrote in your review: You said that Logan is great. That Iceman got development. That the art is beautiful. That you are looking forward to Lemire and Ramos' future work.

And now you are saying that it's a "negative" review. That what doesn't make sense. There is nearly nothing negative in your review. So please clarifly what you didn't liked and what you found bad about the book so we may understand what you are meaning.

I'm sorry, but no. Clearly, based on my review, this book isn't for me. I gave it a couple issues and I would like to move on.
    A "couple issues"? You mean 2, right? Ok, I guess that it "may" count as a "couple" in a minimalistic kinda sort of way.

Surprised this book has become so polarizing. Clearly the reviewer didn't care for it, and clearly others are defending it.

I guess Im on the other extreme: I found this series to be refreshing after dipping my toes in things like The New Avengers with a team makeup that feels random and the first major incident being like an homage to SIMS. Or Dr. Strange becoming Dr. Who with spells.

At any rate, this one is at least temporarily on my rotation. Maybe i just had an urge to grab something "familiar" and this satisfied that ...

Amazing Member

A "couple issues"? You mean 2, right? Ok, I guess that it "may" count as a "couple" in a minimalistic kinda sort of way.
    "May" count as a couple? Couple literally means two things, I can't think of any reason at all why two issues wouldn't count as a couple of issues. That's not minimalistic it's just using the word correctly.

Keep things civil, folks.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

Quote Originally Posted by BookOfPureEvil View Post
    "May" count as a couple? Couple literally means two things, I can't think of any reason at all why two issues wouldn't count as a couple of issues. That's not minimalistic it's just using the word correctly.
    Adj. 1. a couple of - more than one but indefinitely small in number; "a few roses"; "a couple of roses"

Synonym: "A few", "A bunch", ...

Two is definitively the bare minimum to qualify as "a couple". Usualy the expression is used to mean a little more than that...

Amazing Member

Adj. 1. a couple of - more than one but indefinitely small in number; "a few roses"; "a couple of roses"

Synonym: "A few", "A bunch", ...

Two is definitively the bare minimum to qualify as "a couple". Usualy the expression is used to mean a little more than that...
    I didn't want to get further off topic so I sent you a pm on this.