Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Smile Happy Birthday Bob Harras!!!

To me, you did an excellent job with the characterization of Hercules, The Prince of Power. It certainly was sad to read about the final fate of Taylor Madison.

BANNED

Happy 56th Birthday Ron Frenz!!!

http://www.comicvine.com/ron-frenz/4040-3364/

BANNED

Protector of Mortals Prof. Aegis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    With all the collected editions Marvel puts out, I really wish they would collect all the Hercules single stories into one collection and maybe even the Heart of Chaos mini. I want to read them, but have no desire to hunt them all down.
    The Doors of Wisdom are never shut! - Benjamin Franklin

Hi just wanted to stop by and say that I've been really enjoying the recent run of Hercules and I was a big fan of his last series Herc as well.

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    http://www.comicvine.com/ron-frenz/4040-3364/
    Loved this mini. Go, Herc!

Peace

I just picked up the latest run on a whim....I'm, surprisingly, pleased.......I hope this series sticks around for a little while

Quote Originally Posted by leoseek View Post
    I just picked up the latest run on a whim....I'm, surprisingly, pleased.......I hope this series sticks around for a little while
    Unfortunately it probably got silent cancelled since the sales were very bad and the book wasn't solicitsd for May :/

I was thinking about something while reading the new series, and that is could Disney incorporate Hercules in the Marvel Cinematic Universe and would that be confusing considering that Disney already made a popular animated film years ago.

Because I liked seeing Hercules as a well armed and trained hero trying to adapt to the modern world in the way he fights crime and how he thinks of himself as slightly outdated. At least I think it would be really cool to see, but I also liked his not so serious comedic self as well so it would be a little hard to choose which would be better.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Unfortunately it probably got silent cancelled since the sales were very bad and the book wasn't solicitsd for May :/
    Oh well.......I didn't think it was going to last. I was at least hoping to get a year out of this series.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I was thinking about something while reading the new series, and that is could Disney incorporate Hercules in the Marvel Cinematic Universe and would that be confusing considering that Disney already made a popular animated film years ago.

Because I liked seeing Hercules as a well armed and trained hero trying to adapt to the modern world in the way he fights crime and how he thinks of himself as slightly outdated. At least I think it would be really cool to see, but I also liked his not so serious comedic self as well so it would be a little hard to choose which would be better.
    I've always liked Herc's comedic side also. I think that's why I've always liked him better than Thor (I like Thor too)....but I did like the direction of this series; his struggle to adapt to modern ways...something that I can identify with.

BANNED

Happy Birthday to the late GREAT Gil Kane!!!

This Gil Kane cover for the very first issue of The Champions is still a great one, and it is still well remembered today.

BANNED

Hercules & Thor by Elizabeth Torque

I kind of like the direction of his new book. they've given him a small interesting supporting cast; a la Hawkeye. good use of Gilgamesh. the villains are...weird but creative. most importantly, Herc is being treated as competent.

BANNED

Gilgamesh The Forgotten One! I liked his appearances in the Avengers series during the late 80's.