Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Howie View Post
    If Marvel wants people to stop begging for Mary Jane, they'll need to kill her off and leave her dead. Otherwise the fans will never stop. She's everywhere in all non-comics media. The hottest topic about Amazing Spider-Man 3 is who is going to play Mary Jane if it's not Shailene Woodley. Mary Jane will always be the main love interest in virtually everyone's eyes unless they kill her off. Everyone else they create will have too big a hill to climb for acceptance. The only thing that makes the Anna Maria situation different is that Peter didn't choose the situation so it creates new and interesting dramatic and comedic scenarios. They'll never get married under current Marvel leadership for the same reasons OMD happened, so the relationship will run its course, then everyone will beg for MJ again. We'll get teased, and then they'll get rid of her again out of fear that the relationships will progress too far... Yeah. This pattern is as monotonous as marriage critics claimed the marriage was. There's no real suspense if no relationship is allowed to last because apparently marriage makes people age and die more than not marriage.
    well they killed off Gwen and have left her dead and people still beg for her. So I don't think killing MJ will make people stop begging for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Von View Post
    I highly, highly doubt that they will have Pete continue on as Anna Maria's girlfriend.
    Man. Marvel's really emasculated Parker, eh?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Man. Marvel's really emasculated Parker, eh?
    Could be the other way around; is Peter Parker too shallow for Anna Y/N?

I'm honestly just waiting for Peter to make some insensitive dickish quips.

Quote Originally Posted by Qrx2 View Post
    well they killed off Gwen and have left her dead and people still beg for her. So I don't think killing MJ will make people stop begging for her.
    The problem with killing MJ really is "been there, done that" with killing Gwen.

(But it's not like they haven't tried to kill MJ. Does anyone remember the "plane crash"?)

Quote Originally Posted by Pako View Post
    Could be the other way around; is Peter Parker too shallow for Anna Y/N?

I'm honestly just waiting for Peter to make some insensitive dickish quips.
    I think you need to reread the post I'm quoting. xD

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    I think you need to reread the post I'm quoting. xD
    Oh. In that case, too shallow for non-traditional gender roles XD

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    (But it's not like they haven't tried to kill MJ. Does anyone remember the "plane crash"?)

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    The problem with killing MJ really is "been there, done that" with killing Gwen.

As long as MJ is alive, a massive, vocal portion of the fanbase will not be satisfied with anything less than a reversal on OMD and no other love interest will have a shot. The people asking for Gwen back are a HUGE minority. The MJ fanbase is significantly larger and more vocal. It doesn't help that they keep bringing her back every now and then to ship tease us then pack her off away somewhere else while they introduce yet another love interest that doesn't take. More people will be mad if Gwen is resurrected than happy. I doubt that many people will be mad if MJ ends up Peter's girlfriend again. But then the relationship will not be allowed to progress so either the writers will have to break them up again or write them as if they are de facto married. Either way, the anti-marriage edict makes it impossible to take any Parker relationship seriously except for the one that was so powerful that the frickin' devil needed steal it to power hell or whatever Mephisto does with stolen marriages.

Absolutely not. If Peter pursues a relationship with her, he's no better than Ock. She should have been killed off at the end of Superior so Otto could know what loss feels like.

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    She should have been killed off at the end of Superior so Otto could know what loss feels like.
    I'm actually really happy they didn't do that at all. Anna Maria is a great character and has depth that can be explored for the future. The only problem I have is that if Peter enters a relationship with her, her character will get ruined just like Carlie did. Norah is still a good character addition from BND, and a lot of that comes from her not being in a romantic relationship with Peter. With Anna, she can simply be a friend to Peter, realizing that the Peter she knew and the real one are two very different people.