Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

You know, I loved MJ and was really angry about One More Day, but I really don't want them to get back together now. That's ruined. That's over.

But there's just no way I can see Peter and Anna Maria working. It's too awkward, for both of them, and they wouldn't have the same chemistry that she had with Otto. Not to mention, for Peter, seeing her would always make him feel guilty about Otto.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FaerieGodfather View Post
    You know, I loved MJ and was really angry about One More Day, but I really don't want them to get back together now. That's ruined. That's over.
    To quote John Rambo, "Nothing is over. Nothing. You just don't turn it off" (rofl)

I'm not fooled by illusion of change, MJ will be back in Peter's life and will be a love interest again if something like the movies come along and make something of them. Everything comes back around eventually, and, not to sound like a broken record too much, but if you know where to look (daily strips), Peter and MJ are still married, Marvel only removed it in the regular comics, but they havent forgotten the marraige completly. Fans who are clued in about this will use the strips to stay calm until such time as Marvel decide it's time Peter and MJ got back together. Paitence is a virtue.

That's the thing. I really don't want them to bring the marriage back. I grew up with them being married, I'm nostalgic for it... but down Quesada's path, madness lies.

They need to go forward with this and find new love interests for Peter. Maybe he'll get married again. And then Mayday can show up from "the future" and be like... "Where's Mom?"

This will be hilarious.

What if Peter marries Anna Maria and then goes to Mephisto and trades that marriage for his marriage with MJ back? haha
    ((I'm kidding obviously but that would be hilarious))

That's the thing. I really don't want them to bring the marriage back. I grew up with them being married, I'm nostalgic for it... but down Quesada's path, madness lies.

They need to go forward with this and find new love interests for Peter. Maybe he'll get married again. And then Mayday can show up from "the future" and be like... "Where's Mom?"

This will be hilarious.
    As version of this is almost inevitable in Spider-Verse.

It's kind of creepy, but Pete is different, I don't think he would string her along. Still holding onto hope that Pete finds his own new squeeze to rival Gwen, MJ never really cut it for me, she always complained too much for my liking. I guess some people are like that though, especially after being married for awhile.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

There could be some interesting stories told from Peter being friends with Anna Maria. I'm down for her joining Spidey's supporting cast over the long-haul.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mermaid View Post
    There could be some interesting stories told from Peter being friends with Anna Maria. I'm down for her joining Spidey's supporting cast over the long-haul.
    Until the next writer says otherwise. Whenever a tenured writer creates new characters for the cast(unless they are interesting), the next writer will simply toss them aside. While I do agree that Anna Maria will be a part of Peter's supporting cast, I seriously doubt that she'll become his girlfriend after knowing that he's Spider-Man. This is one of the reasons why I felt that Spock ended way too soon because I wanted Otto to go through those experiences of rejection and consequence(Meaning to face the Black Cat instead of Peter). Now Marvel allowed Peter to deal with a situation that was clearly intended for Otto Octavius because they wanted Peter to return in time for the movie, which has nothing to do with Marvel-616.

BANNED

This will be hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Howie View Post
    As version of this is almost inevitable in Spider-Verse.

I second this idea.

There should be No romantic relationship at all. That said her being part of the supporting cast isn't out of the question.

Amazing Member

Well, if they go down this road, and they might because it's only a matter of time till Ock returns and the idea of a story line of Peter dating the love of his life might be too much for Marvel to pass on, I think it's just another attempt to get the fanbase to move past the idea of the marriage. It would be much like trying to put Peter with Carlie Cooper I just think it's destined to fail before it ever gets going. Although, at least with this one it might be a tool to get to the return of Ock in which case I might be okay with it as long as that's the main reason we do it and it ends after that.

Honestly, they have two options IMO if they want to take people's minds off the marriage.

1. The Blackcat who is more of a love interest for Spider-man than she is for Peter which is why there will never be anything long term there and frankly would be a short term solution that has been tried many times over in Spider-man's history normally when we try to write Mary Jane out of the books for whatever reason.

2. Gwen Stacy. Before I lay this out I want to say I am NOT a fan of bringing her back just for the sack of bringing her back to keep Peter and MJ apart. The reason they broke up Peter and MJ in the first place was so they could tell stories that haven't been told before at least that was one of their stated reasons. Frankly, the return of the REAL Gwen is a story that has never really been told before with very good reason which is why if they tried it they would have to get the story 100% right but if they did it would be a cash cow for Marvel. If you bring Gwen back you can easily play up the old love triangle between Gwen, Peter, and Mary Jane just with a different spin this time, rather than Mary Jane being a tool to make Gwen jealous over Peter you would have her making Mary Jane jealous over Peter.

I think she is the one love interest that would at least part of the fanbase would accept Peter being with to keep him away from Mary Jane. Don't get me wrong, if you bring Gwen Stacy back a large portion of your fan base is going to get mad but they also got mad when we replaced Peter with Ock and ended the marriage and that didn't stop them. I just think unlike the previous two there might be a fairly good sized chunk of the fanbase that would like to read the story of Gwen's return.

I'd be more interested in that than him and Anna or another "new" love interest like Carlie. However, they would have to get the story of Gwen's return right which is frankly much easier said than done. There are several reasons why that story has never been told to this point.

Anna Maria and Peter would be too weird. I can imagine Peter trying to figure out a way to break up with her but going on a few awkward dates first. Peter should tell her about the mind swap.

If Marvel wants people to stop begging for Mary Jane, they'll need to kill her off and leave her dead. Otherwise the fans will never stop. She's everywhere in all non-comics media. The hottest topic about Amazing Spider-Man 3 is who is going to play Mary Jane if it's not Shailene Woodley. Mary Jane will always be the main love interest in virtually everyone's eyes unless they kill her off. Everyone else they create will have too big a hill to climb for acceptance. The only thing that makes the Anna Maria situation different is that Peter didn't choose the situation so it creates new and interesting dramatic and comedic scenarios. They'll never get married under current Marvel leadership for the same reasons OMD happened, so the relationship will run its course, then everyone will beg for MJ again. We'll get teased, and then they'll get rid of her again out of fear that the relationships will progress too far... Yeah. This pattern is as monotonous as marriage critics claimed the marriage was. There's no real suspense if no relationship is allowed to last because apparently marriage makes people age and die more than not marriage.

I highly, highly doubt that they will have Pete continue on as Anna Maria's girlfriend.

Hes not the same person, and continuing on with her without her knowing?! Thats not Pete.

He had a guy using his body to sleep with her. That whole scenario played out in any kind of shady way is not
    the character, its not appropriate, and I can't imagine them handling it that way.

Knowing Slott he will deal with it in a way that will come out of left field.

Quote Originally Posted by Von View Post
    I highly, highly doubt that they will have Pete continue on as Anna Maria's girlfriend.

Hes not the same person, and continuing on with her without her knowing?! Thats not Pete.

He had a guy using his body to sleep with her. That whole scenario played out in any kind of shady way is not
    the character, its not appropriate, and I can't imagine them handling it that way.

Knowing Slott he will deal with it in a way that will come out of left field.
    Well Peter being a girlfriend is out of left field.