Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: Wonder Woman #47

As her duties as God of War draw Wonder Woman into battle, the Cheetah resurfaces to strike!

Full preview here.

Incredible Member

Could that second page possibly have any more words?

So glad to be rid of that monstrous new costume. Unfortunately, it's still on the cover.

Amazing Member

Drives me nuts

Otrera was the first Amazon Queen
    Antiope & Hippolyta are sisters in Greek/Roman myth

Otrera is the mother of Hippolyta & Antiope and Ares is their father in Greek/Roman myth
    Last edited by Jesters Joker; 12-30-2015 at 01:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesters Joker View Post
    Drives me nuts

Otrera was the first Amazon Queen
    Antiope & Hippolyta are sisters in Greek/Roman myth

Otrera is the mother of Hippolyta & Antiope and Ares is their father in Greek/Roman myth
    While I have hated the bastardzation of DC's Amazon mythos (which has always differed from the real world Amazons of Mythology), DC doesn't and hasn't really followed the real world mythology in most ways. So in DC's Nu52 Amazons the first Queen was Antiope. And Ares isn't their father.

Now, I'd much prefer ANY other incarnations of DCs Amazons (well just about any *cough* Amazons Attack*cough*) to the Nu52 version...but this is what we have, so.....

btw a yawn of an issue... the second half read like a kids story book....

Quote Originally Posted by wonder39 View Post
    btw a yawn of an issue... the second half read like a kids story book....
    I was just about to say it read like an episode of Super Friends. "Wonderrrr Woman"? Really? Can The Finch's go now? (Yes I know it was only one this issue.)
    Richard Alexander

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

Hey, that ugly-ass new costume's gone! Yay! But Diana need a new writer NOW. Maybe give Gail Simone another go? Or maybe Jeff Parker? I think he'd be okay... If they hadn't piss him off, I'd say J.H. Williams III.
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

I'm sorry to be a negative Nancy, but that read so badly....

"Oh Diana, we're all happy that you are back on the Island. Oh by the way, 10 or so of your sisters have been brutally killed & we think it's one of your oldest foes"

Woeful. This book desperately needs a new creative team. But thank Hera that the pantomime costume has gone.