Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Super Moderator

Default "Wonder Woman" Production Begins, First Photo and Full Cast Details Revealed

The start of filming comes with a new look at Gal Gadot in character and confirmation on exactly whom Chris Pine will be playing in the movie.

Full article here.

Neat. Nice cloak.
    So does this have a WWII setting? If so, fascinating. I wonder what this may mean for the Trevor character.

Current reports are that it begins in WWI but continues in the present.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    Current reports are that it begins in WWI but continues in the present.
    CBR's latest article, linked from the OP, suggests that the characters' clothes "look to be from the 1940s," meaning WWII. However, the previous article, with the photo showing the clothes, just describes them (more accurately, I think) as "timelessly debonair outfits that certainly could have looked appropriate when Wonder Woman made her 1941 comicbook debut." "Timelessly debonair" could just as easily mean 1914-1919 (World War I) as the 40s, and there's nothing about the clothes that tells me which era they're supposed to be from (but then, I'm no fashion historian).
    Last edited by Silvanus; 11-21-2015 at 01:27 PM.

Ultimate Member

Yeah WWI is totally not interesting. Nothing important or interesting happened there (sigh). As for the clothing, Steve's boots look very much like WWI-era trench boots and Said's clothing looks pretty Edwardian Era to me. The Edwardian Era, for those who don't know, is named after King Edward VII of the UK, who ruled from 1901-1910. And it's sometimes extended to include WWI as well, depending on who you ask.
    Last edited by Punisher007; 11-21-2015 at 01:35 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Yeah WWI is totally not interesting. Nothing important or interesting happened there (sigh).
    LOL.

I'm interested in WWI largely because of a lot of the literature that came out of it. But for the movie, I especially like it because that time period was also the run-up to suffrage for women, which in my mind makes it a good fit for Wonder Woman.

As for the clothing, Steve's boots look very much like WWI-era trench boots and Said's clothing looks pretty Edwardian Era to me.
    Thanks for pointing that out; you're probably right.

Robin Wright is a super actress.
    She really is, and thanks to House of Cards, she's pretty well known at this point. But they should have cast Kevin Spacey as Zeus and had him look straight into the camera and drawl at us about the art of manipulating Olympians. "A lot of people think they love power. But they do not know the true meaning of those words. You do not really love power unless you are willing to become your daughter's son."
    Last edited by Silvanus; 11-21-2015 at 04:32 PM.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Yeah WWI is totally not interesting. Nothing important or interesting happened there (sigh).
    Yes, nothing happened of interest in the seminal conflict of the 20th century, the war whose resolution re-shaped the world and doomed Europe to a slow but inevitable decline in preeminence.

Gal Gadot looks great in that picture .

It's nice to get confirmation for Pine as Trevor, even if we've known who he was playing for a while .

Ultimate Member

Let the speculation begin:

-Robin Wright-Hippolyta obviously,
    -Danny Huston-Zeus or Ares.
    -David Thewlis-IDK, Dr. Psycho?
    -Lucy Davis-Etta Candy.
    -Elena Anaya-Circe or maybe Artemis.
    -Ewen Bremner-Lennox maybe?
    -Said Toughmaoui-I have no clue.

BANNED

Let the speculation begin:

-Robin Wright-Hippolyta obviously,
    -Danny Huston-Zeus or Ares.
    -David Thewlis-IDK, Dr. Psycho?
    -Lucy Davis-Etta Candy.
    -Elena Anaya-Circe or maybe Artemis.
    -Ewen Bremner-Lennox maybe?
    -Said Toughmaoui-I have no clue.
    If I am honest, I can't imagine anyone playing Dr. Psycho than Peter Dinklage.

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    If I am honest, I can't imagine anyone playing Dr. Psycho than Peter Dinklage.
    I think he'll play one of Ares' children from Perez's run (Deimos or Phobos).