Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Oops my bad,,,,

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Alright, first, the WWII setting is just goign to make this seem like a Captain America RIP off to the general public. Obviously, it isn't, but most people aren't going to realize that.
    Cyclops was right

Incredible Member FIFTY-TWO (52)'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    Alright, first, the WWII setting is just goign to make this seem like a Captain America RIP off to the general public. Obviously, it isn't, but most people aren't going to realize that.
    It's not a WWII setting, but a WWI setting, which we don't get often in movies.
    Last word out of your sorry mouth will be SIR and it will be LOUD!!

The thing I love about that image, other than the fact that it doesn't have that bronze-y hue (which I actually don't mind), it's that her expression conveys an aura of mystery, innocence, strength, and even a bit of sensuality. Loooveee it.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Gal looks a bit like Natalie Portman in this picture as well (Both are Israeli).
    I instantly thought that. Both beautiful ladies.

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    Except for the whole "Amazon finds out about the world of men thing" instead of "boy soldier becomes Captain America". You know, the minor differences, but yea, I'm sure people will latch on to the fact that they both take place during WWII because that's obviously the main point of both films.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Gal looks a bit like Natalie Portman in this picture as well (Both are Israeli).
    When I showed my daughter this picture this morning, her first response was, "It's Padme."

Vertigo Psychonaut ChaoticScholar's Avatar

I'll wait, and see how I like her in BvS.
    "People look at us and see the poor and the mad, but they’re looking at us through the bar of their cages.

There’s a palace in your head, boy.

Learn to live in it always. " -- Grant Morrison

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FIFTY-TWO (52) View Post
    It's not a WWII setting, but a WWI setting, which we don't get often in movies.
    WWI is more obscure and in my opinion not very much interesting. hoping only for flashbacks and 1st act

Quote Originally Posted by arrownoir View Post
    WW's not supposed to be a twig. She's supposed to be physically imposing.
    She was supposed to have received beauty from Aphrodite, which, since beauty is indeed in the eye of the beholder could mean all sorts of different things. But that level of beauty is just as physically imposing, in its own way, as being built like a man.

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    Hmm, would have to be some of a reimagining since they were both huge bruisers and one had snakes as a beard.
    They were muscular, but they never really used their strength and favored instead manipulation and corruption. I could see the pair not being as big as the comics' versions.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by arrownoir View Post
    WW's not supposed to be a twig. She's supposed to be physically imposing.
    *sigh* QUOSQUE TANDEM?

Really, I cannot think of anything that goes against the very essence of what WW represents more than comparing a healthy, 5' 10" woman to a twig just because she's not a hulking 200-pound beast.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    Current reports are that it begins in WWI but continues in the present.
    CBR's latest article, linked from the OP, suggests that the characters' clothes "look to be from the 1940s," meaning WWII. However, the previous article, with the photo showing the clothes, just describes them (more accurately, I think) as "timelessly debonair outfits that certainly could have looked appropriate when Wonder Woman made her 1941 comicbook debut." "Timelessly debonair" could just as easily mean 1914-1919 (World War I) as the 40s, and there's nothing about the clothes that tells me which era they're supposed to be from (but then, I'm no fashion historian).
    Last edited by Silvanus; 11-21-2015 at 01:27 PM.

Ultimate Member

Yeah WWI is totally not interesting. Nothing important or interesting happened there (sigh). As for the clothing, Steve's boots look very much like WWI-era trench boots and Said's clothing looks pretty Edwardian Era to me. The Edwardian Era, for those who don't know, is named after King Edward VII of the UK, who ruled from 1901-1910. And it's sometimes extended to include WWI as well, depending on who you ask.
    Last edited by Punisher007; 11-21-2015 at 01:35 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by InSavnity View Post
    *sigh* QUOSQUE TANDEM?

Really, I cannot think of anything that goes against the very essence of what WW represents more than comparing a healthy, 5' 10" woman to a twig just because she's not a hulking 200-pound beast.
    Especially since plenty of depictions of her DON'T have her as being that huge. Including quite a bit of art from Marston's era.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Especially since plenty of depictions of her DON'T have her as being that huge. Including quite a bit of art from Marston's era.
    Speaking of whom, I was re-reading one of the early Cheetah issues in that run and at one point Diana gets her measurements taken. People around her are amazed that she is amazingly strong while not looking muscle bound and having "modern Venus proportions."