Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

She's so beautiful.
    I still can't believe that a Wonder Woman movie is actually happening. I get so excited but then I have to calm myself down so I don't celebrate too early.

Astonishing Member

Hmm, honestly, I'm underwhelmed. Obviously, the cast may do a wonderful job (I truly hope they do); it just doesn't sound like a cast with names that will put a lot of butts in seats.

The picture looks good, but hoods like that always crack me up, because it just SCREAMS, "don't look at me, I'm not hiding or anything, nope, nothing to see here."
    Last edited by Awonder; 11-21-2015 at 02:21 PM.

Amazing Member

I sort of wish they'd released a full body shot rather than a close up of her face, but still, this looks awesome.

And I'm starting to get really excited now. Like, this is actually happening. a couple of years ago I honestly didn't think this would happen, and now it is.

I'm so scared that its going to be bad or worse that it will do badly.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Awonder View Post
    Hmm, honestly, I'm underwhelmed. Obviously, the cast may do a wonderful job (I truly hope they do); it just doesn't sound like a cast with names that will put a lot of butts in seats.
    well pine is probably the biggest name that can attract people, specially women. better the movie marketing remember his good looks and amazing blue eyes. and he is on star trek franchise, it might help (pls)

maybe there is some big name on cameos

The picture looks good, but hoods like that always crack me up, because it just SCREAMS, "don't look at me, I'm not hiding or anything, nope, nothing to see here."
    The fact that this is a live-action Wonder Woman movie, and a big-budget female Superhero movie, is probably going to put a lot of butts in seats I imagine (or hope) .

Incredible Member FIFTY-TWO (52)'s Avatar

A cast with names doesn't really put butts in seats anymore. These days it's all about the brand, marketing, and word of mouth.

Channing Tatum is a name actor, but nobody seems to be interested in the Gambit movie. I'd say it's only a few actors (Cruise and DiCapprio) and directors that can put butts in seats on name recognition alone.
    Last word out of your sorry mouth will be SIR and it will be LOUD!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Especially since plenty of depictions of her DON'T have her as being that huge. Including quite a bit of art from Marston's era.
    It's not just "plenty of depictions" it's the vast, vast majority of depictions in the character's 70-plus year history.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FIFTY-TWO (52) View Post
    A cast with names doesn't really put butts in seats anymore. These days it's all about the brand, marketing, and word of mouth.
    Yeah. Also they're probably banking on her appearance in BvS to make people excited to see the movie.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Mighty Member

i dont get it. nothing beyond cast and a picture. so much negativity.

gentry stuff.

regardless. hope the film is great.
    Last edited by borntohula; 11-21-2015 at 03:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamp_Lusa View Post
    This cast is a JOKE, this movie will bomb so hard, just wait and see. Who will go see another bland Gods of Egypt/Clash of Titans-ish superhero movie with a bargain-basement cast such as this one? the answer is Nobody. DC/WB was late to the party now they have to sort through Marvel's and Sony's trash.
    Bitter much?
    When The Avengers first came out, no one was that big of an actor, except maybe Robert Downey, Jr. and he wasn't THAT big. The others were more up and comers that are now known specifically because of The Avengers. The thing that I like about Wonder Woman is that the cast aren't super well known, but the actors they list are very good. Robin Wright is a super actress. Every single actor listed is a really good actor. I honestly believe that the modern movie goers are more sophisticated than you give them credit for and are more attracted to great actors and great stories.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FIFTY-TWO (52) View Post

Channing Tatum is a name actor, but nobody seems to be interested in the Gambit movie. I'd say it's only a few actors (Cruise and DiCapprio) and directors that can put butts in seats on name recognition alone.
    seems like some people are excited about it, gambit only got greenlit because of channing tatum.

anyway marvel got glenn close for guardians, natalie portman and anthony hospkin for thor

How did diane lane, costner, and fishbourne, and amay adams work out for man of steel?

I kept thinking, hey thats Costner, or heynthats fishbourne, or hey thats not lois but amy adams.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Yeah WWI is totally not interesting. Nothing important or interesting happened there (sigh).
    LOL.

I'm interested in WWI largely because of a lot of the literature that came out of it. But for the movie, I especially like it because that time period was also the run-up to suffrage for women, which in my mind makes it a good fit for Wonder Woman.

As for the clothing, Steve's boots look very much like WWI-era trench boots and Said's clothing looks pretty Edwardian Era to me.
    Thanks for pointing that out; you're probably right.

Robin Wright is a super actress.
    She really is, and thanks to House of Cards, she's pretty well known at this point. But they should have cast Kevin Spacey as Zeus and had him look straight into the camera and drawl at us about the art of manipulating Olympians. "A lot of people think they love power. But they do not know the true meaning of those words. You do not really love power unless you are willing to become your daughter's son."
    Last edited by Silvanus; 11-21-2015 at 04:32 PM.

I'm hoping Thewlis is Hermes.

Honestly? And I'm not just saying this to be counter to the negativity (though that's always a good thing anyway), but something tells me this movie could be the break out DC film Warners is looking for, not necessarily BvS.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 11-21-2015 at 03:40 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The fact that this is a live-action Wonder Woman movie, and a big-budget female Superhero movie, is probably going to put a lot of butts in seats I imagine (or hope) .
    I really seee many people excited for a new female superhero movie, hope it works