Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by RandomFalls View Post
    ... I'm so scared that its going to be bad or worse that it will do badly.
    It's the double worry whammy: a) make it good, and b) make it successful. Hoping for the best of both!

Quote Originally Posted by Tayswift View Post
    well pine is probably the biggest name that can attract people, specially women. better the movie marketing remember his good looks and amazing blue eyes. and he is on star trek franchise, it might help (pls)

maybe there is some big name on cameos
    Yeah, Pine was a good catch. He looks like he'll make a great Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The fact that this is a live-action Wonder Woman movie, and a big-budget female Superhero movie, is probably going to put a lot of butts in seats I imagine (or hope) .
    I could be wrong, but I don't think WW is actually a big name for the 30-younger crowd. Yet. Hopefully, her appearance in BvS gives her own movie solid momentum.

And do we know the budget? Will it really be that "big" compared to other super-hero movies? When they parted ways with the last director, it was due, in part, because she wanted to do an "epic" while WB wants more of a character-driven movie. Character-driven can be great, but I can't help but wonder if "character" is due, in part, to wanting a smaller budget. We'll have to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by FIFTY-TWO (52) View Post
    A cast with names doesn't really put butts in seats anymore. These days it's all about the brand, marketing, and word of mouth.

Channing Tatum is a name actor, but nobody seems to be interested in the Gambit movie. I'd say it's only a few actors (Cruise and DiCapprio) and directors that can put butts in seats on name recognition alone.
    I doubt there are many actor-agents in Hollywood that would agree that name doesn't matter. Don't you think Sherlock Homes got a boost for the momentum of RDJ in Iron Man? Would "Lucy" have done as well without Scarlet J. and her name from Avengers? On the flip side, the latest Dr. Doom said he doesn't get as many scripts since Fant4stic bombed.

Name isn't everything, it's certainly not a sure thing. And, of course, marketing and such matter, too. But, I do think actors can bring momentum and excitement based on their performances in previous works, too.
    Last edited by Awonder; 11-21-2015 at 04:15 PM.

Spectacular Member

I'm excited and waited YEARS for this! Pine is great casting and I can see Robin Wright as a strong beautiful Hippolyta.

I'm guessing WWI as the press would be less likely to get pics and footage of a wonder woman.

I love the costume, the mix of past and present and just the embrace of the source material.

The past film attempts veered so far away it was a set-up to a disappointment. 2017 can't get here quickly enough!!

Fantastic Member

Sean Bean and Eva Green were rumored, but the only person we're fairly sure was actually in talks was Nicole Kidman (not a name that has really been putting people in seats for awhile now). So because they're of a similar age and look, we can speculate that whatever role Nicole was in talks for, Robin got. The rest? We don't know. They may well have gotten the cast they wanted. It seems clear to me, by the talent in front of and behind the camera that this is going to be a quality production. The production designer alone (who worked on Amelie and A Very Long Engagement) would be enough to get me excited. Combine Patty Jenkins with this production team and then add in this cast which was clearly chosen for talent as opposed to marketability, and then even add in the first photo of Gal from the set which gives off an ethereal, mysterious quality, and I think it's clear that we're not getting just another huge, loud, special effects extravaganza. This is looking to be something special...As it should be!

Incredible Member FIFTY-TWO (52)'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tayswift View Post
    seems like some people are excited about it, gambit only got greenlit because of channing tatum.

anyway marvel got glenn close for guardians, natalie portman and anthony hospkin for thor
    Glenn Close was a supporting actor chewing the scenery, while Portman and Hopkins are in the worst Marvel franchise of them all.
    Plus, they seem to have to be forced into coming back to the Thor films. Natalie Portman hasn't been very shy about being tired of the Thor films.
    Last word out of your sorry mouth will be SIR and it will be LOUD!!

Incredible Member FIFTY-TWO (52)'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Awonder View Post

I doubt there are many actor-agents in Hollywood that would agree that name doesn't matter.
    Then they're delusional.
    Johnny Depp can't get anyone to sit in his movies anymore. If RDJ was so hot, why didn't anyone go to see The Judge? None of the Avengers stars, save Johannson, have been in any other blockbuster hits, and she's only been in one. Few, if any of them, have been top billing actors in any films.
    Nobody watches Benedict Cumberbatch movies. Nobody watches Chris Evans movies. Nobody watches Jeremy Renner or Chris Hemsworth films. However, these guys draw all kinds of audiences when they're dressed as Marvel superheroes.

It's more about the brand and less about the actor.

I still don't think Chris Pratt is as big a draw as people would have you believe. He's starred in two huge franchise films. Cruise and DiCaprio still have it. I can't think of any women who are draws except Jennifer Lawrence, and the shine is starting to wear off of her.
    Last word out of your sorry mouth will be SIR and it will be LOUD!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Bitter much?
    When The Avengers first came out, no one was that big of an actor, except maybe Robert Downey, Jr. and he wasn't THAT big. The others were more up and comers that are now known specifically because of The Avengers. The thing that I like about Wonder Woman is that the cast aren't super well known, but the actors they list are very good. Robin Wright is a super actress. Every single actor listed is a really good actor. I honestly believe that the modern movie goers are more sophisticated than you give them credit for and are more attracted to great actors and great stories.
    No, but you and WB will be when this movie bombs and they lose tons of cash, actually I'm surprised WB has enough money to produce this movie with all the millions they lost this year, and last year, and the year before...If moviegoers had "sophisticated palates" the blockbuster juggernaut wouldn't pick up more and more momentum.

There's no one famous, no one funny, no one beautiful, with the exception of Robin Wright, no one fresh, no one under 40...You think they got Danny Huston because he's a talented actor and because they're atempting an oscar-bait superhero movie? No they hired him because he's cheap!

This cast in one word: Cheap
    Last edited by Pamp_Lusa; 11-21-2015 at 04:55 PM.

Astonishing Member

It's interesting that Chris Pine is shown in period wardrobe. I had thought they'd save him for the present-day part of the movie, so Steve Trevor would be available for sequels and other DC movies set in the present day. Maybe he will escape aging somehow? Maybe Paradise Island is out of synch with time in the rest of the world, so that he flies towards Paradise Island around (let's say) 1917 but flies out with Diana to 2017?

Gal's as beautiful as always, and she's also a chameleon--looking different in each pic, which'll come in handy if she has a secret ID.

The cast is solid. Wow! I've enjoyed the work of almost everyone mentioned in the press release. And if Gal killz it in BvS, she might be a worldwide sensation herself by the time this WW solo hits. But the iconic character WW will be the big draw, regardless. I hope people are right about Robin Wright being Hippolyta, she will bring the gravitas required...in spades! I cannot believe I never considered her in my cast wish list.

I kinda believe the rumors about Pine playing WW1 Steve, and then also his modern day grandson. I just hope Diana only romances one of them, cuz it'd be creepy for her to sleep with a granddad and grandson, haha.

Cannot wait for this film!
    Last edited by Top Carnivore; 11-21-2015 at 05:11 PM.
    Fav Wonder Woman traits: Strength, Compassion, Love...never holds a petty grudge. Xo

Quote Originally Posted by Silvanus View Post
    It's interesting that Chris Pine is shown in period wardrobe. I had thought they'd save him for the present-day part of the movie, so Steve Trevor would be available for sequels and other DC movies set in the present day. Maybe he will escape aging somehow? Maybe Paradise Island is out of synch with time in the rest of the world, so that he flies towards Paradise Island around (let's say) 1917 but flies out with Diana to 2017?

A time warp would be cool but I think Diana goes to man's world with Steve during WW1. Because there are scenes set during WW1 (I derived that from Pine's period clothing) Then, in present day she returns and works with his grandson. Yet I actually hope they use your time warp idea somehow.
    Fav Wonder Woman traits: Strength, Compassion, Love...never holds a petty grudge. Xo

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pamp_Lusa View Post
    No, but you and WB will be when this movie bombs and they lose tons of cash, actually I'm surprised WB has enough money to produce this movie with all the millions they lost this year, and last year, and the year before...If moviegoers had "sophisticated palates" the blockbuster juggernaut wouldn't pick up more and more momentum.

There's no one famous, no one funny, no one beautiful, with the exception of Robin Wright, no one fresh, no one under 40...You think they got Danny Huston because he's a talented actor and because they're atempting an oscar-bait superhero movie? No they hired him because he's cheap!

This cast in one word: Cheap
    Yeah, no one beautiful...based on your clearly limited taste. Whether you find them attractive or not, it is indisputable that Gal, Elena, Robin, Chris and Said are beautiful people.

No one funny? Also subjective based solely on you. Lucy is very funny. Chris was hilarious in "Into the Woods".

No one famous? They're all famous. You're confusing fame with A-list celebrity status.

No one fresh? Subjective again. Chris is a hot actor right now and Gal is considered by many to be THE actress to watch in the next 2 years.

No one under forty? Really!? This isn't even true. The two lead actors are 30 and 35 respectively.

BANNED

yes yes whatever, this cast is cheap and you KNOW IT, and Fuchs is not a good writer, plus they might be hewing too close to Captain America

BANNED

yes yes whatever, this cast is cheap and you KNOW IT, and Fuchs is not a good writer, plus they might be hewing too close to Captain America
    And your point with that is?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    And your point with that is?
    I think it's pretty self-explanatory

BANNED

I think it's pretty self-explanatory
    So you think you can judge the quality of the movie and their overall performance by looking at their paycheck?

Quote Originally Posted by Top Carnivore View Post
    Gal's as beautiful as always, and she's also a chameleon--looking different in each pic, which'll come in handy if she has a secret ID.
    You are completely right about that. She really does look very different on the new picture than on the BvS ones.
    I do hope that the coat we can see on the new one is really the same from the concept art, I really liked the idea.

I do hope they will somehow transition Steve Trevor into the present. They have the whole greek mythology at their disposal, there should be a few possibilities.