Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member Miraclo__Pill's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pamp_Lusa View Post
    I think it's pretty self-explanatory
    Wow, been away for a long time and the more things change...

Gal Gadot is beautiful and looks the part perfectly. Hopefully she delivers and we get the movie the character deserves.
    The cast is enough to assure me the characters will be well acted and a WWI setting interests me more than anything WWII related.

Good to be back, by the way...
    http://grafikarobotnik.tumblr.com/

I survived the 2014 reboot and I didn't even got a lousy t-shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    You are completely right about that. She really does look very different on the new picture than on the BvS ones.
    I do hope that the coat we can see on the new one is really the same from the concept art, I really liked the idea.

I do hope they will somehow transition Steve Trevor into the present. They have the whole greek mythology at their disposal, there should be a few possibilities.
    Yeah, even in her modeling pics, Gal looks different in each one. Chameleon!

Regarding the cast, as I said already: I love the choices yet I doubt this is final. It's very common for movies to be midway through filming and suddenly a press release announces a new actor joining the film. I predict more info on its way.

As for negativity on the boards, don't feed the trolls and that's all I'll have to say about that. (Except BLOCK). Xo
    Fav Wonder Woman traits: Strength, Compassion, Love...never holds a petty grudge. Xo

Quote Originally Posted by arrownoir View Post
    WW's not supposed to be a twig. She's supposed to be physically imposing.
    She is supposed to look imposing but depending on the artist, Wonder Woman isn't always. She wasn't drawn that way originally (just the times) and wasn't very imposing in the Justice League animated series and that was one of her best incarnations. Even if she doesn't exactly look Amazon-ish all the time, she is still a badass who commands respect. As long as the portrayal is on point, her stature shouldn't matter.

Incredible Member

Wow - JL was one of her best incarnations...? That's depressing!

I know mileage varies but she was pretty rude on that show and had painfully little development and no real supporting cast of her own (or even a home outside the Watchtower). Heck, they even rather botched her famous golden lasso by avoiding saying it had Truth powers and just implying it, and then later deciding Diana had no clue about it in one of the last episodes to focus on her. Oy.

Neat to see the movie is underway, but I'm keeping my expectations very very low. Don't like the costume design and I think the actress will have an uphill battle convincing anyone she can lift a truck over her head. I also think Chris Pine's appeal coincides better with Kirk. And blonde Hippolyte always makes me cringe.

But fingers crossed.
    Last edited by DisneyBoy; 11-21-2015 at 07:19 PM.

Ultimate Member

The only reason why someone couldn't buy her lifting a truck, superpowers and all that, is if they're LOOKING for reasons not to. Which does seem to be the case to a depressing degree. People looking for reasons to be pessimistic.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Awonder View Post
    Character-driven can be great, but I can't help but wonder if "character" is due, in part, to wanting a smaller budget.
    Maybe. But I doubt Robin Wright comes cheap; according to the New York Post, her third-season salary for House of Cards "[wasn't] far behind" the $9 million Kevin Spacey made. And it seems they're using a lot of veteran, well-respected actors, even though they're not the biggest of names; I would think the studio could have filled more supporting roles with real unknowns if they were trying to do it on the cheap. Plus, they're shooting in three locations (England, France and Italy) which must drive up the budget a bit. And the director of photography is apparently a big name in that line of work, which, i've read,one of the highest paying crew jobs. Even the fact that it's partly a period piece (assuming that's true) probably drives costs up. (According to http://www.premiumbeat.com/blog/5-ti...string-budget/, "When you’re crafting a period piece, everything is more expensive. Not only do your hard costs skyrocket (wardrobe, locations, set dec, etc.), but a lot more time and effort is needed in other areas of the production as well." ) So, even though I don't expect it to be the most expensive blockbuster ever, I suspect it's not being done on a particularly small budget.
    Last edited by Silvanus; 11-21-2015 at 08:49 PM.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Yeah WWI is totally not interesting. Nothing important or interesting happened there (sigh).
    Yes, nothing happened of interest in the seminal conflict of the 20th century, the war whose resolution re-shaped the world and doomed Europe to a slow but inevitable decline in preeminence.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by RobinFan4880 View Post
    Yes, nothing happened of interest in the seminal conflict of the 20th century, the war whose resolution re-shaped the world and doomed Europe to a slow but inevitable decline in preeminence.
    I thought Punisher was being sarcastic and implicitly disagreeing with the previous poster who seemed to actually find WWI uninteresting. (Now you've got me wondering if that previous poster was also being sarcastic, somehow....Maybe it's an endless chain of sarcasm! )
    Last edited by Silvanus; 11-21-2015 at 09:27 PM.

Incredible Member FIFTY-TWO (52)'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pamp_Lusa View Post
    yes yes whatever, this cast is cheap and you KNOW IT, and Fuchs is not a good writer, plus they might be hewing too close to Captain America
    LOL!! The hate is strong with this one!
    Last word out of your sorry mouth will be SIR and it will be LOUD!!

BANNED

This cast is amazing but of course trolls are latching onto something. They aren't recognizable Hollywood names, but a lot of these actors are foreign and super talented. Go look up their filmographies. This cast is way more talented than most Marvel movies.

I am more interested in how she performs in Batman vs Superman and the reaction to the
    whole movie by the population.

If I love the movie and I love her role and the reaction is great by most movie goers,
    than the up coming Wonder Woman movie is one that I will be counting the days to the release.
    but.........

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    The only reason why someone couldn't buy her lifting a truck, superpowers and all that, is if they're LOOKING for reasons not to. Which does seem to be the case to a depressing degree. People looking for reasons to be pessimistic.
    Well I had a hard time watching thin Lynda Carter toss people around too, FYI. I guess I'm like many others who wanted to see or hoped to see an actress in the part with a body that was built like that of an Amazon. Someone who didn't conform with the sex appeal norms we still try to shake off. Someone with muscle or some heft. I don't think that makes me a Negative Nancy or something...

10characte

Before and After. The pic on the right is from a week ago. Gal has done a fantastic job of bulking up, IMO.

image.jpg
    Fav Wonder Woman traits: Strength, Compassion, Love...never holds a petty grudge. Xo

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Silvanus View Post
    Maybe. But I doubt Robin Wright comes cheap; according to the New York Post, her third-season salary for House of Cards "[wasn't] far behind" the $9 million Kevin Spacey made. And it seems they're using a lot of veteran, well-respected actors, even though they're not the biggest of names; I would think the studio could have filled more supporting roles with real unknowns if they were trying to do it on the cheap. Plus, they're shooting in three locations (England, France and Italy) which must drive up the budget a bit. And the director of photography is apparently a big name in that line of work, which, i've read,one of the highest paying crew jobs. Even the fact that it's partly a period piece (assuming that's true) probably drives costs up. (According to http://www.premiumbeat.com/blog/5-ti...string-budget/, "When you’re crafting a period piece, everything is more expensive. Not only do your hard costs skyrocket (wardrobe, locations, set dec, etc.), but a lot more time and effort is needed in other areas of the production as well." ) So, even though I don't expect it to be the most expensive blockbuster ever, I suspect it's not being done on a particularly small budget.
    Great post; very informative. . By "smaller budget," I didn't mean small, backyard, cardboard props. I just meant "smaller" compared to her superhero counterparts.

Production Budget (according to Box Office Mojo):

Man of Steel - $225 mil
    Batman Begins - $150
    The Dark Knight - $185
    The Dark Knight Rises - $250
    Green Lantern - $200

Iron Man - $140
    Iron Man 2 - $200
    Iron Man 3 - $200
    Thor - $150
    Thor: The Dark World - $170

Captain America - $140
    CA: Winter Soldier - $170
    The Incredible Hulk - $150
    Ant-Man - $130
    Amazing Spider-Man - $230

I'm guessing WW will be in the $120-130 mil range. It's not a small budget, but I seriously doubt she will get the bigger $200+ they gave Man of Steel and Green Lantern. Now, budget isn't everything (just ask Green Lantern); but it can create limitations.

As for Steve, my guess is that he won't make it out of this movie. They had Gal audition with Afleck, and they may want to play up that flirtation through the JL movies (hope not).

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    ... And blonde Hippolyte always makes me cringe...
    Yeah, I'm afraid we're stuck with blonde Hippolyta.
    Last edited by Awonder; 11-22-2015 at 01:46 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    Well I had a hard time watching thin Lynda Carter toss people around too, FYI. I guess I'm like many others who wanted to see or hoped to see an actress in the part with a body that was built like that of an Amazon. Someone who didn't conform with the sex appeal norms we still try to shake off. Someone with muscle or some heft. I don't think that makes me a Negative Nancy or something...
    William Marston himself made a point of not depicting his version of the Amazons along modern stereotypes.

Because the way we think Amazons should appear is just that: a stereotype with no basis on factual reality, since neither the ancient Greeks nor the Romans depicted Amazons as huge, muscular female, just as women carrying weapons and helmets instead of being dressed in pepla and having elaborate hairstyles. And then who says that people are actually saking off old sex appeal norms? I've never seen anything supporting that idea. If you're talking about the fight against anorexic models, that's motivated in large part because that lifestyle is utterly unhealthy for those involved.