Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Look, its obvious what I mean - thin actress/model with a couple of muscles wasn't what some people were hoping for visually.

I said nothing about "huge" Amazons.

Those that complain that she doesn't look 'scary' enough or 'imposing'....

I guess they forgot that there's more than one side of Diana. She's more than just the physically imposing warrior woman, she is able to be both soft and hard and if someone is to portray Wonder Woman correctly they will have to know how to pull off BOTH sides. She is both a Warrior, and a Princess.
    Last edited by Majesty; 11-22-2015 at 03:32 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    Look, its obvious what I mean - thin actress/model with a couple of muscles wasn't what some people were hoping for visually.

I said nothing about "huge" Amazons.
    It wasn't obvious in the least, otherwise I wouldn't have interpreted it that way while I was reading. You were simply too vague.

What were you expecting, then?
    Last edited by InSavnity; 11-22-2015 at 05:54 AM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Top Carnivore View Post
    10characte

Before and After. The pic on the right is from a week ago. Gal has done a fantastic job of bulking up, IMO.

Attachment 29277

Woah, she looks great there!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Awonder View Post
    Great post; very informative. . By "smaller budget," I didn't mean small, backyard, cardboard props. I just meant "smaller" compared to her superhero counterparts.

Production Budget (according to Box Office Mojo):

Man of Steel - $225 mil
    Batman Begins - $150
    The Dark Knight - $185
    The Dark Knight Rises - $250
    Green Lantern - $200

Iron Man - $140
    Iron Man 2 - $200
    Iron Man 3 - $200
    Thor - $150
    Thor: The Dark World - $170

Captain America - $140
    CA: Winter Soldier - $170
    The Incredible Hulk - $150
    Ant-Man - $130
    Amazing Spider-Man - $230

I'm guessing WW will be in the $120-130 mil range. It's not a small budget, but I seriously doubt she will get the bigger $200+ they gave Man of Steel and Green Lantern. Now, budget isn't everything (just ask Green Lantern); but it can create limitations.

As for Steve, my guess is that he won't make it out of this movie. They had Gal audition with Afleck, and they may want to play up that flirtation through the JL movies (hope not).

Yeah, I'm afraid we're stuck with blonde Hippolyta.
    Wasn't the latest rumour placing the budget at 300 million?

Not gonna lie. When I saw this image and confirmed it was from the upcoming Wonder Woman movie, I squeed a bit.

I think this is the most important movie DC has done in ages. This is one kind of movie Marvel hasn't done yet. They pushed back the Captain Marvel movie. They've yet to do a movie where a strong female character really shines. If DC can do that, then they'll be able to say they did it first. They'll be able to set the bar. And for a character like Wonder Woman, I think she should be the standard for which female heroes are measured.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by gbshabo View Post
    Wasn't the latest rumour placing the budget at 300 million?
    Thanks for mentioning that; I hadn't seen that 300 million figure, but I googled it and found it here:

http://dccomicsmovie.com/said-taghma...our-countries/

I guess creating Themyscira, some World War I battle scenes and whatever special effects are needed could add up. If it's true, and if they really fired McLaren because they thought she was thinking of too big an epic, I wonder how much she wanted to spend!

Tagmahoui also mentions that "he’s playing a nice super hero character, that was a very big physical preparation for him. A role Taghmaoui says hundreds of actors were trying to land." Someone like Lennox, maybe? Even Hercules?

Spectacular Member BertoFlyingFox's Avatar

Personally, I dont think the movie will be much more than a focused character study with maybe 15-30 minutes of actual Wonder Woman action going on. It doesnt seem to be positioned that way judging by the cast and crew. Not saying that'll be a bad thing, just that they plan on shooting for a more sophisticated WW (which has obviously been shown in comics before).

It's all just wild speculation until the movie releases in 2017.

BANNED

So let me get this straight. This is the first time we are ever getting a Wonder Woman film and people are complaining about the film not having any big name actors? Come on people. And I thought we were pass talking about her weight, she's clearly bulking up.

BANNED

Shooting period fiction is NOT expensive, how many small-budget non-hollywood period movies and television series were shot in Europe? THOUSANDS, they make them all the time. The infrastructures, the props, the costumes, everything is already there.
    They're shooting on film though which costs something like half a million dollars...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjak View Post
    So let me get this straight. This is the first time we are ever getting a Wonder Woman film and people are complaining about the film not having any big name actors? Come on people. And I thought we were pass talking about her weight, she's clearly bulking up.
    If it's not one thing thats making people unhappy, it's another.

The absence of any big names is to me a positive thing, because it means the people behind it have been looking at what these people can do and how they might fit into the cast and characters rather than who they are and how many people their name alone can get into the cinema.

We are, indeed, done discussing Gal's weight.

Take the hint, guys - any further weight discussions will be deleted.
    Gaelforce
    WonderAdmin
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES - Ignorance of the rules is no excuse!

Ultimate Member

I still don't believe that the budget will be $300 million dollars. Maybe the budget, PLUS marketing/distribution costs, etc will run upwards of that range. But not the actual budget. I just don't see them giving the FIRST WW film a bigger budget than:

-Any previous Batman film.
    -Any previous Superman film.
    -Batman v. Superman.
    -Any of the Marvel films.
    -Any Star Wars film, including the new one.
    -Etc.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BertoFlyingFox View Post
    Personally, I dont think the movie will be much more than a focused character study with maybe 15-30 minutes of actual Wonder Woman action going on. It doesnt seem to be positioned that way judging by the cast and crew. Not saying that'll be a bad thing, just that they plan on shooting for a more sophisticated WW (which has obviously been shown in comics before).
    This is pretty much what I'm hoping for. At the same time, if it's true, as one of the actors said, that they're thinking of spending 300 million bucks, they're probably planning on surrounding that character and theme development with some spectacular visuals, and making whatever action scenes are there as spectacular as stunning as they can be. They should, I guess, want to hold on to as much of the blockbuster audience as they can, while drawing some people whose tastes usually run in different directions.

It's all just wild speculation until the movie releases in 2017.
    True!

Quote Originally Posted by Papa_Lusa
    Shooting period fiction is NOT expensive,...
    Maybe not--I'm not an expert, but am just going by what I read and posted. It doesn't claim, by the way , that all period pieces are big-budget movies (which obviously would not be true)--just that a period setting makes everthing a bit more expensive than it otherwise would be, on whatever scale the movie happens to be.

how many small-budget non-hollywood period movies and television series were shot in Europe? THOUSANDS, they make them all the time.
    Sure. But if they were shot on three or more different locations, they're probably more expensive than if they were shot on just one. Looking at budget breakdown for The Village (a 71.7 million dollar film) that has been posted online (https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-br...Hollywood-film), I see they spent over 2 million on "locations" and over 3 and half million on "transportation"--and that was just shot on two open fields in Pennsylvania. If it had been shot in England, France, and Italy, plus possibly Morocco and "the Far East," transportation and location costs might have gone up a bit, I'm guessing. On the other hand, if they hadn't had to construct a village, building and dressing the set might not have been cost than the 7 million + it actually cost (almost 10% of the budget, or maybe a little more than that); and I bet it will cost a good deal more to build a Themyscira in Italy, plus whatever other sets they need.

The infrastructures, the props, the costumes, everything is already there.
    Maybe I'm missing your point here, but I would hope they're not just using ready-made, off-the-shelf stuff. I doubt those suits the actors were wearing in the photo were just left behind by some other production. The Village, which was a virtual period piece, spent something like 4 million on wardrobe and "character makeup and effects," which probably would have been less if they were using off-the-shelf stuff (or generic present-day wardrobe.)

All I'm saying (in possibly comical detail, but this was interesting stuff to look up) is that if their goal were really to do this on the cheap, they might be be using unknown and experienced actors (which these are not), shooting on one location and in one time period (probably the present), and perhaps not having one of their actors going around saying they're going to spend 300 million.

It's probably true that they picked the best actors they could rather than the most expensive and glitziest names they could, but that's alright with me. They're plenty famous enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007
    I still don't believe that the budget will be $300 million dollars. Maybe the budget, PLUS marketing/distribution costs, etc will run upwards of that range. But not the actual budget. I just don't see them giving the FIRST WW film a bigger budget than ....
    It does seem surprising. Still, if it's going to on or below the low side of previous superhero movies (as some around here have guessed), Said (assuming he was quoted accurately) was exaggerating by a surprisingly large amount.

Would 300 million still be high if it includes marketing, distribution, etc.?
    Last edited by Silvanus; 11-22-2015 at 11:22 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    I still don't believe that the budget will be $300 million dollars. Maybe the budget, PLUS marketing/distribution costs, etc will run upwards of that range. But not the actual budget. I just don't see them giving the FIRST WW film a bigger budget than:

-Any previous Batman film.
    -Any previous Superman film.
    -Batman v. Superman.
    -Any of the Marvel films.
    -Any Star Wars film, including the new one.
    -Etc.
    Well Man of Steel had a budget of 225 million and Avengers: AoU had one of 280 million, so 300 doesn't seem all that strange... plus we have to consider that there is bound to be a fair amount of effects shots of potential monsters and Themyscira.