Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Pamp_Lusa View Post
    It would be downright stupid to build Themyscira, ESPECIALLY THE NEW 52 version, with so many medieval villages in Europe to choose from.

Also it's common knowledge that an actor's fee increases exponentially in sequels and second seasons
    Except: there aren't. Because Italians tend to still live in them and have gradually rebuilt them to fit the times. Refitting them back into ancient times and putting them back to how they used to be is massively expensive and bothersome for everyone involved, film crew and inhabitants alike.

And note I mention Italians, because those are the ones that might look like the ones you are after. You can't use a Bavarian village or the English countryside after all.

Depends entirely on whats in the contract.

Astonishing Member

Also it's common knowledge that an actor's fee increases exponentially in sequels and second seasons
    Sure--especially if the first movies or seasons were successful, and if the actors in question get a lot of the credit for that success. And if that's the case, those actors' reps have a good case to make that they are valuable assets who should be paid well on subsequent projects. Still, though, I'm not saying that Wright and Pine will make fully as much in Wonder Woman as they're making in their successful ongoing projects; I'm just saying they probably won't come cheap.

It would be downright stupid to build Themyscira, ESPECIALLY THE NEW 52 version, with so many medieval villages in Europe to choose from.
    You're pointing out a lot of ways in which, if you are right, the producers of Wonder Woman don't need to spend a lot of money--which is a different from showing that they are determined not to spend more money than they absolutely have to. So, are you really still arguing that they're doing Wonder Woman on a cheapo budget and that the movie will suffer as a result, or are you now just arguing that a high-quality movie can be made without a very high budget?
    Last edited by Silvanus; 11-24-2015 at 01:56 PM.

BANNED

It would be downright stupid to build Themyscira, ESPECIALLY THE NEW 52 version, with so many medieval villages in Europe to choose...
    Eh, we didn't actually keep those villages when our tech level moved up somewhere around the 1600's.
    At best you're going to find a castle or church here and there (lots of churches, actually) and the occasional historical site you won't get permission for to use as a film set cheaply.

20th-21st century Europe does not look like Chris Claremont Europe.
    Last edited by Carabas; 11-24-2015 at 06:47 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Eh, we didn't actually keep those villages when our tech level moved up somewhere around the 1600's.
    At best you're going to find a castle or church here and there (lots of churches, actually) and the occasional historical site you won't get permission for to use as a film set cheaply.

20th-21st century Europe does not look like Chris Claremont Europe.
    seems very likely they will film thethemyscira scenes on a italian city. th emovie themiscira probably will be mid term between pre new 52 and new 52

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tayswift View Post
    seems very likely they will film thethemyscira scenes on a italian city. th emovie themiscira probably will be mid term between pre new 52 and new 52
    It is most likely that they will make it a mixing pot of shots, walking down a street is shot in one town, the beach shot is from an island somewhere, palace is in the studio and so on.

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    Man I guess they are saving money for CGI and Sets that or they blew their budget on Suicide Squad because this cast doesnt compare at all. Your biggest names are Chris Pine and Robin Wright? Compared to Will Smith, Jared Leto, Margot Robbie and Viola Davis.
    Your biggest name is "Wonder Woman"
    Compared to Deadshot, Kattana and Amanda Waller.

Kind of like how Marvel can cast some kid no one's heard of as their Spider-Man. SS needs big names since no one knows who they are. Wondy and Spidey are the names.

Quote Originally Posted by PretenderNX01 View Post

Kind of like how Marvel can cast some kid no one's heard of as their Spider-Man. SS needs big names since no one knows who they are. Wondy and Spidey are the names.
    Yes, exactly!!
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

So, Lynda Carter (the actress, Wonder Woman) posted the pic of Gal on FB, and Gal was under attack. So many people lack any real knowledge of the character and herstory.
    Last edited by RealWonderman; 11-24-2015 at 10:08 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PretenderNX01 View Post

Yeah I be inclined to believe that if Wonder Woman had some previous success on the big screen to point to.

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    Yeah I be inclined to believe that if Wonder Woman had some previous success on the big screen to point to.
    Like Thor before the Thor movies. Or Spider-Man before the Spider-man movies. Or Superman before the Superman movies. Like these?

Chris Pine - Steve Trevor
    Robin Wright - Queen Hippolyta
    Danny Huston - First Born or Doctor Psycho
    David Thewlis - War
    Saïd Taghmaoui - Keith Griggs or Apollo or Zeus
    Ewen Bremner - Lord Hermes
    Elena Anaya - Cassandra the Mad or Hera or Strife or Circe
    Lucy Davis - Etta Candy or the Baroness
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 11-24-2015 at 03:10 PM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    Chris Pine - Steve Trevor
    Robin Wright - Queen Hippolyta
    Danny Huston - First Born or Doctor Psycho
    David Thewlis - War
    Saïd Taghmaoui - Keith Griggs or Apollo or Zeus
    Ewen Bremner - Lord Hermes
    Elena Anaya - Cassandra the Mad or Hera or Strife or Circe
    Lucy Davis - Etta Candy or the Baroness
    Danny Huston played Poseidon in Wrath of the Titans. would be interesting if he was another Greek god in this movie. the guy is getting type cast!

David Thewlis wouldn't be my first choice for Ares. but i can picture him as more of a conniving and manipulative Ares. far less likely to join the fight himself. could be interesting.

and i'll always see Ewen Bremner as "Spud" from Trainspotting. not very godly.

Elena Anaya as Circe and Lucy Davis as Etta is perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Danny Huston played Poseidon in Wrath of the Titans. would be interesting if he was another Greek god in this movie. the guy is getting type cast!

David Thewlis wouldn't be my first choice for Ares. but i can picture him as more of a conniving and manipulative Ares. far less likely to join the fight himself. could be interesting.

Elena Anaya as Circe and Lucy Davis as Etta is perfect.
    There's a couple of characters that RW could be playing, but, I think Queen Hippolyta is the most likely.

I look at Ewen Bremner's face, and I can't imagine him not being cast as Hermes. However, David Thewlis was my fave prospect for Hermes, two years ago; now, I can't imagine anyone else, playing Lord Hermes. So, who knows?

Danny Huston looks like so many drawings that I've seen of Doctor Psycho, over the years. I don't think you necessarily require a 'little people' actor to play him - just some sinister-looking chap with a large and interesting head.

Do you know where this rumor that Ares and Circe would be the villains came from? Ye gods, I hope that's not true.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 11-24-2015 at 04:55 PM. Reason: content
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    The question is if going big on those names is in any way a guarantee for a good or even decent movie. Like the two last of the Burton-line of Batman movies probably had the biggest names of all the movies... and they are also the worst of the lot.
    Tim Burton only did Batman with Michael Keaton.

Aside from that, I don't know what some are complaining about. If people can represent the character well, then that's good. The talk of big names at times detracts from movies as you see the big name actor instead of the character they're meant to be playing.

Also those 'big names' weren't always big names. They were probably largely unknown until a certain role made them a big name. So if you think someone in Wonder Woman isn't a big name perhaps their role within Wonder Woman will make them a big name.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    He'd make a fine Dionysus. Or maybe Hades. (not that I really expect Dionysus, or even Hades, to be in the movie. But, who knows?)

Really, I bet several of these actors are playing new characters.