Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

Is the secret wars series of this year basically the same as the 1980s series but with minor updates? I havn't read either

Quote Originally Posted by edhopper View Post
    But how did they know it was wrong to disobey? Why the severe punishment for doing something when you don't have the ability to decide what is right?
    Don't start trying to make sense of the bible.

Boisterously Confused

Is this thread intended to identify forum posters with training in debate versus those with short fuses?

Tricksterpup says Pudd'n Tricksterpup's Avatar

Coon.jpg
    Nuff said.

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

And his real name was Pete. How dumb is that?
    He must have been drunk and high.
    He's bitter and frusrated anytime soider man brings up he once used this as super villain name.

That screams volumes that he was a bad character as Paste Pot Pete. Now if he was intentionaly made to be lame like Condiment King he is great but I didnt read or hear anything that says or suggests that.

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    He went from that to Trapster.
    And then got his arse kicked by an empty building.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    And then got his arse kicked by an empty building.
    Yet people still defend he's not a lame character.

Why the hell use the names Brotherhood of Evil Mutants, Legion of Doom, Imjustice League, and other obvious evil group names if these characters are convinced theyre not evil and not super villains?
    It's utterly assinine and illogical.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon View Post

Why the hell use the names Brotherhood of Evil Mutants, Legion of Doom, Imjustice League, and other obvious evil group names if these characters are convinced theyre not evil and not super villains?
    Because they were created during a time when a lot of villains would in fact declare themselves evil

Supposedly, Magneto was being ironic.

And sorry, who's going around saying Trapster isn't a lame character? I've never met anyone who claimed otherwise.
    Last edited by Michael P; 11-27-2015 at 07:06 PM.
    "It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

"If you can't say anything nice about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"You're much stronger than you think you are." - Superman, on humankind

All-New, All-Different Marvel Checklist

Quote Originally Posted by 90sChild View Post
    Is the secret wars series of this year basically the same as the 1980s series but with minor updates? I havn't read either
    No, it's quite different. But then again, if you haven't read the first one, you won't have any preconceptions or comparative memories keeping you from enjoying this one.
    "It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

"If you can't say anything nice about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"You're much stronger than you think you are." - Superman, on humankind

All-New, All-Different Marvel Checklist

Quote Originally Posted by Michael P View Post
    Supposedly, Magneto was being ironic.

And sorry, who's going around saying Trapster isn't a lame character? I've never met anyone who claimed otherwise.
    2 posters on the unofficial dc comics message boards.
    If you have to change more than 50 percent of a character which is what happened with paste pot pete to become the trapster its admitting he was a stinker or failure in need of a makeover.

Why the hell did Doctor Octopus use the assinine plan in Spider Man the ps video game of teaming up with the symboites who cant be controlled?
    Unless I missed something a line of dialogue screams its common knowledge they cant be controlled so he can't claim ignorance.

BANNED

But how did they know it was wrong to disobey? Why the severe punishment for doing something when you don't have the ability to decide what is right?
    If I remember it correctly, they were told that if they eat it, they will die.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

The Brotherhood was being "ironic."

And, I'm pretty sure the Legion of Doom fully intended to be a Legion full of and causing Doom.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Why the hell did Doctor Octopus use the assinine plan in Spider Man the ps video game of teaming up with the symboites who cant be controlled?
    Unless I missed something a line of dialogue screams its common knowledge they cant be controlled so he can't claim ignorance.
    Was that Dialogue in the game? 1) The symbiots HAVE been controlled. Venom and Carnage were quite in control for years.... and 2) Doc Ock is so blasted egotistical, that even if someone told him he COULDN'T... he'd do it just on the bet!

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    The Brotherhood was being "ironic."

And, I'm pretty sure the Legion of Doom fully intended to be a Legion full of and causing Doom.

I REALLY loved the idea from the first Spider-man movie where the media named everyone.

"GREEN GOblin... Copyright that! I want a quarter everytime someone says it!! "

It really is the best explaination for some of those names :P

BANNED

While I'd say the Trapster/Paste Pot Pete isn't what I'd consider a "cool" character, I'd also argue he wasn't meant to be. He was created back in a day when they were trying to come up with crazy/kooky/entertaining ideas for 8 year olds on a monthly basis. Not all of them could be winners. I'm sure there are dozens of characters just as "uncool" you could point to, but somebody somewhere picked Paste Pot Pete to pick on (probably the alliteration) and so his name keeps coming up. So give him points for that at least, he's memorably "uncool". Could be the Molten Man or Egghead or the Unicorn.