Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425
    Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    1. Who said they were blood-related? Not all family has to be blood.
    2. Ninja skills. Jesus Christ, do you even think before you ask these?
    Don't use Jesus's name in vain because your pissed off. And did you even think of unplausible as a answer it is when you posted ninja skills as the answer?

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon View Post
    It was pretty clear she was clinically dead.
    That doesn't counter anything Shawn said. Or, add to it.

"Clinical death isn't such a clear cut phenomenon. Even when people appear to be dead there is still brain functioning going on. This reduced function causes false sensory impressions that are remembered as visions of the afterlife or tunnels of light, etc. by people who come to the brink of death and are brought back by medical science. It's the brain trying to make sense of a thing it can't understand."

Heck, I've been clinically dead. It wasn't Allah or the Devil who brought me back, but a crash cart, medical professionals, and that Nottby Lane fairy you refuse to believe in. Is it a miracle? Sure. But "miracle" only means whatever you want it to. Good sushi with a bit of egg yolk in it is a miracle. Children, little warm puppies, and girls of the night are miracles. When you miss your bus, but as it pulls away, someone pulls the emergency stop line and you can jump on while they're getting off. Television. That horses have four legs and a nice trot.
    Last edited by t hedge coke; 02-28-2016 at 05:44 AM. Reason: "That hoses have two legs and a nice trot," is not what I meant to say. And, sadly, untrue.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

BANNED

It was pretty clear she was clinically dead.
    I'm sure she was, but brain activity can continue after clinical death for a while. Clinical death only means your heart stops beating and you stop breathing.

Don't use Jesus's name in vain because your pissed off. And did you even think of unplausible as a answer it is when you posted ninja skills as the answer?
    Jesus Christ, he was talking about a movie, not real life.

BANNED

Skip to the very end. It's not that insane that a ninja could do this. It's a kid's playground, not a NBA height hoop.

BANNED

By Odin's bristling beard, I was obviously making fun because you were asking how ninja kids in a movie made a dunk. It was a joke because you're not supposed to care. Then again, this is the stupid question thread so I'm probably the one out of line here (though not for invoking the name of mythical creatures).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    That doesn't counter anything Shawn said. Or, add to it.

"Clinical death isn't such a clear cut phenomenon. Even when people appear to be dead there is still brain functioning going on. This reduced function causes false sensory impressions that are remembered as visions of the afterlife or tunnels of light, etc. by people who come to the brink of death and are brought back by medical science. It's the brain trying to make sense of a thing it can't understand."

Heck, I've been clinically dead. It wasn't Allah or the Devil who brought me back, but a crash cart, medical professionals, and that Nottby Lane fairy you refuse to believe in. Is it a miracle? Sure. But "miracle" only means whatever you want it to. Good sushi with a bit of egg yolk in it is a miracle. Children, little warm puppies, and girls of the night are miracles. When you miss your bus, but as it pulls away, someone pulls the emergency stop line and you can jump on while they're getting off. Television. That hoses have two legs and a nice trot.
    I am glad you came back, t hedge! We need all the Patsy Walker fans we can get. Also because you being dead would totally suck eggs.

I like the Dr Manhattan definition of miracle. Me being here out of a gazillion poopillion possible genetic combination, all that sperm that did not make it, all my ancestors who could have turned left instead of right and never met, that is pretty miraculous. And all just so that I can sit herein sweat pants, sip on violet flavored tea and listen to Dinah Washington wail.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    Oxygen deprivation can do strange things to the brain.
    It does indeed, and it's well documented that the visions people see are affected by the cultures and belief's around them.

When it's a Christian they're likely to see Heaven/Hell/Angels etc and they see it as proof of God. When it's a conspiracy theorist they're likely to get little green men (this one was particularly common in the 90s) and they see it as proof of alien abductions. When it's someone in a completely different culture it's likely to be something from their mythology and they'll take it as proof of what they believe in.

It's not evidence of anything.

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    Good sushi with a bit of egg yolk in it is a miracle.
    "Good" sushi truly must be a miracle - dried seaweed and raw fish? Puke material.
    Teriyaki though...
    Damn, I could eat teriyaki with almost anything.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Who would win in a fight? The Mountain (game of thrones) or a Sardaukar (Dune)? The Mountain or a Fremen?

BANNED

http://www.ispot.tv/ad/7JTp/pnc-investments-worried

A lesbian tryst is the only explanation for what the teenage girl in this commercial was up to, right? When she sneaks in she's wearing mismatched socks, but they're both girls socks. Mixing up socks is the kind of mistake you make when getting dressed in a hurry after wild sex.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Hopkins View Post
    http://www.ispot.tv/ad/7JTp/pnc-investments-worried

A lesbian tryst is the only explanation for what the teenage girl in this commercial was up to, right? When she sneaks in she's wearing mismatched socks, but they're both girls socks. Mixing up socks is the kind of mistake you make when getting dressed in a hurry after wild sex.

You have a dirty mind, but you know, I can't think of another explanation either.

Unless mismatched socks is something the kids are doing now and the point was she was just sneaking in with shoes off.

Odd shoes (well, trainers) were semi-trendy a year or so back... but you know what? I reckon you're definitely on to something.

P.S. That girl looked under-age too. Disturbing.

My 12 year old daughter always just grabs two socks. Sometimes they match, but usually they don't

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jeanvaljean View Post
    I like the Dr Manhattan definition of miracle. Me being here out of a gazillion poopillion possible genetic combination, all that sperm that did not make it, all my ancestors who could have turned left instead of right and never met, that is pretty miraculous. And all just so that I can sit herein sweat pants, sip on violet flavored tea and listen to Dinah Washington wail.
    To quote/paraphrase the great 80s comedian Elayne Boosler: "People always talk about 'the miracle of birth.' Miracle, my ass. Hell, microwave popcorn is a miracle, if you don't know how it works."