Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    While I'd say the Trapster/Paste Pot Pete isn't what I'd consider a "cool" character, I'd also argue he wasn't meant to be. He was created back in a day when they were trying to come up with crazy/kooky/entertaining ideas for 8 year olds on a monthly basis. Not all of them could be winners. I'm sure there are dozens of characters just as "uncool" you could point to, but somebody somewhere picked Paste Pot Pete to pick on (probably the alliteration) and so his name keeps coming up. So give him points for that at least, he's memorably "uncool". Could be the Molten Man or Egghead or the Unicorn.
    Agreed. The only thing sillier than names like Paste Pot Pete and the Legion of Doom, is trying to rationalize what was written as children's adventure stories in the mid-twentieth century for an audience of adults today.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

In-story he's a dope. Out-of-story, as a fan, Paste Pot Pete is hilariously good stuff.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Okay, I'll play. If all Captain America needed to fight the bad guys was his brain, his brawn and his shield, what was the use for all those pouches he had on his belt? What did he keep in them? Energy drinks? Protein bars? Smartphone? Cap-a-rangs? Keyfob for a quinjet? Rubbers (for when he wanted to get frisky with Sharon)?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Okay, I'll play. If all Captain America needed to fight the bad guys was his brain, his brawn and his shield, what was the use for all those pouches he had on his belt? What did he keep in them? Energy drinks? Protein bars? Smartphone? Cap-a-rangs? Keyfob for a quinjet? Rubbers (for when he wanted to get frisky with Sharon)?
    Turtle wax and shams. Keeping the shield shinny is almost a full time job.

Did Sue Storm come up with the name"Mr. Fantastic" for Reed Richards because he could stretch EVERY part of his body?

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by goof View Post
    Did Sue Storm come up with the name"Mr. Fantastic" for Reed Richards because he could stretch EVERY part of his body?

I do not know how long it is going to take me to evict this image from my brain. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post

I do not know how long it is going to take me to evict this image from my brain. Thanks.
    We talk about dumb stuff like this at work all the time. Last week we discussed why you can't see Chewbacca's reproductive parts when he runs. It was concluded that is why we never see him full out sprint.

Quote Originally Posted by goof View Post
    No, Reed came up with that name for himself.
    "It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

"If you can't say anything nice about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"You're much stronger than you think you are." - Superman, on humankind

All-New, All-Different Marvel Checklist

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VivaChiba View Post
    Just for fun, post your comic-related questions here, of any inane niggles you may have.

Question:
    Why doesn't Wolverine have a ZZ-Top style beard?

Argument:
    If he gets hurt, his cells instantly reproduce; he's been shot in the head countless times, had his skin burnt, etc., but the hair on both his body and head instantly come back, so how can he shave? Yes, I get the perma-stubble, but where's the turban?

I have plenty of other stupid questions, but I'll let you have a chance to voice your own first.
    Perhaps, like a dog, his hair has a genetically-determined maximum length. Perhaps his power is really a type of growth (like the Hulk) that he can consciously control. It certainly follows no laws of nature and seemingly requires no fuel. It even seems to create matter from nothing.

And his skull is completely bulletproof. So shooting him in the head does nothing but make him angry.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Was that Dialogue in the game? 1) The symbiots HAVE been controlled. Venom and Carnage were quite in control for years.... and 2) Doc Ock is so blasted egotistical, that even if someone told him he COULDN'T... he'd do it just on the bet!

I REALLY loved the idea from the first Spider-man movie where the media named everyone.

"GREEN GOblin... Copyright that! I want a quarter everytime someone says it!! "

It really is the best explaination for some of those names :P
    "It's not my fault, Doc Ock's plan was horrible everyone knows you cant control the symbiotes."
    That from Scorpion if I recall right.

Galactus is a force of nature not a super villain so why does he get characterized in marvel trading cards as Super Villain?

Who keeps creating planets in the Marvel 616 Universe if there arent unlimited ones for Galactus to consume?

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    Perhaps, like a dog, his hair has a genetically-determined maximum length. Perhaps his power is really a type of growth (like the Hulk) that he can consciously control. It certainly follows no laws of nature and seemingly requires no fuel. It even seems to create matter from nothing.

And his skull is completely bulletproof. So shooting him in the head does nothing but make him angry.
    This begs the following question: If someone were to shoot Logan through an eye and a bullet rattles around inside his indestructible skull like a pinball machine, would he be able to regenerate his brain after it's been reduced to pudding?

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    This begs the following question: If someone were to shoot Logan through an eye and a bullet rattles around inside his indestructible skull like a pinball machine, would he be able to regenerate his brain after it's been reduced to pudding?
    You know that there is no direct route into the brain from the eye socket that a bullet will fit through. Right?
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    You know that there is no direct route into the brain from the eye socket that a bullet will fit through. Right?
    Of course I do. But we're dealing with the fantasy world of comic books, so anything is possible to a writer with enough of an imagination to bend the rules of human physiology.

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

Would J Jonah Jameson still be whining about Spider Man if he worked for the government like Captain America?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael P View Post
    Supposedly, Magneto was being ironic.
    It's not convincing when people use that excuse to say "I could care less" instead of "I couldn't care less" and it's not convincing here.