Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Why aren't sound effects in comics internationally consistant? Is "Snikt" still "Snikt" in spanish?

If X-23 has a baby will it be called X-24 or Y-23?

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Stacy View Post
    If X-23 has a baby will it be called X-24 or Y-23?
    Speaking of X-23 (a.k.a. the new Wolverine), since she's a melee fighter, wouldn't all that long hair she has get in the way during a scrap?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

If Miles Morales (a.k.a. the other Spider-Man) lived in Europe which has the Metric System, would he be Kilometers Morales?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Why wasn't Lady Deadpool named Deadpooleia?

Quote Originally Posted by goof View Post
    Why wasn't Lady Deadpool named Deadpooleia?
    That's the name of Deadpool on the planet Alderaan

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

Why the hell does Bruce Wayne never give any money to improve the pathetic garbage Arkham Asylum?

Also how the hell could GPD not ivestigate or suspect Bruce wayne
    is Batman?

Is Joker a contradiction since he believes life is pointless yet he continues to live attempting to prove his philosophy?

Why do the fantastic four get super names when their real names and identities are common public knowledge?

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon View Post
    Why the hell does Bruce Wayne never give any money to improve the pathetic garbage Arkham Asylum?

Also how the hell could GPD not ivestigate or suspect Bruce wayne
    is Batman?

Is Joker a contradiction since he believes life is pointless yet he continues to live attempting to prove his philosophy?

Why do the fantastic four get super names when their real names and identities are common public knowledge?
    1) Improve it? Shut that joint down and throw the administrators in jail!

2)That reminds me of a scene near the end of Batman's No Man's Land story. Bats comes to apologize to Gordon and reveal his secret ID, Gordon turns his head and says something like, "If I wanted to know I could have found out 10yrs ago, and really how do you know I didn't find out and just didn't say anything to you about it?"

3)There's point to him living, but there's not point to him dying either.

4) Because stage names are fun! Just ask Cher, Chuck D and Iggy Pop.

BANNED

Are aliens watching me while i'm in the bathroom?

I'm pretty sure he does.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Because Reed wanted to make up for destroying their lives and presenting them as superheroes, instead of deformed, awesomely-powered freaks who regularly sought out horrorshow aliens and interdimensional monsters, made them look safer, cuddlier.

And, because, depending on the writer, at least three out of the four of them were comic book fans and giving yourself a superhero name is probably the first thing most comic book readers would do if they gained super powers.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    Because Reed wanted to make up for destroying their lives and presenting them as superheroes, instead of deformed, awesomely-powered freaks who regularly sought out horrorshow aliens and interdimensional monsters, made them look safer, cuddlier.

And, because, depending on the writer, at least three out of the four of them were comic book fans and giving yourself a superhero name is probably the first thing most comic book readers would do if they gained super powers.
    Yep 2nd one is a unwritten rule of having super powers.
    You have Adam.Warlock, kraven that use their real names but most others I can think of use alternate names.

Quote Originally Posted by dancj View Post
    I'm pretty sure he does.
    Then its simply pathetic and as putrid as the bills blowing it in all 4 super bowls.
    Create a damn room with freakin steel walls with a steel roof. Lets see Joker escape from that. Why Batman never thought of that utterly astounds me as he is one of the smartest humans in the DC comics universe plus called The World's greatest detective.

Then its simply pathetic and as putrid as the bills blowing it in all 4 super bowls.
    Create a damn room with freakin steel walls with a steel roof. Lets see Joker escape from that. Why Batman never thought of that utterly astounds me as he is one of the smartest humans in the DC comics universe plus called The World's greatest detective.
    I'm not sure you're quite grasping the concept of 'fiction' here, chief.

Because all the money and technology in the world can't overcome the human factor. Criminals escape because Gotham is corrupt as hell. The greatest lock in the world is useless when the door is open.
    Life is but a dream