Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Isn't a problem with that universe being normal sized really but the reasons that were cited for the same prior to the Jaco scan . The assumption that it's not a normal sized universe came from things like " North Galaxy "

Nobody really has too much of a problem with that bit anymore .I mean the exact translation is still contentious but given the mod has chosen the other view of two opposing views on a contentious issue, that's that

It's the guidebook being used that everyone disagrees with

Archmanifestation of YOLO Noldere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Dork Knight View Post
    It's the guidebook being used that everyone disagrees with
    You mean this-

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    If the Daizenshu doesn't contradict anything we've seen, it shouldn't be a problem to use it.
    -right?

Hmm...

If, as I thought when I first read (and read into) that, he meant you can use guidebooks and such for things like "this is how the universe is arranged, roughly" as done here, then I don't see the problem. There's no actual feats in contention from this particular use of the guidebook and thus no need to bring the level of scrutiny that judging actual feats should require.
    This signature intentionally left blank.

Quote Originally Posted by Noldere View Post
    If, as I thought when I first read (and read into) that, he meant you can use guidebooks and such for things like "this is how the universe is arranged, roughly" as done here, then I don't see the problem. There's no actual feats in contention from this particular use of the guidebook and thus no need to bring the level of scrutiny that judging actual feats should require.
    It's in regards to the Universe busting.

But using wiki's etc isn't something allowed here as a means of legitimizing an argument, period.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Archmanifestation of YOLO Noldere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    It's in regards to the Universe busting.

But using wiki's etc isn't something allowed here as a means of legitimizing an argument, period.
    Exactly what argument is being legitimized by using the wiki, though?

I'm fine with it being considered to look like this, since that's how Toriyama chose to depict it.
    This isn't (or shouldn't be) a ruling on the universe's size (which would matter with regards to the alleged Universe busting), but on its layout (which does not matter with regards to the alleged Universe busting).
    This signature intentionally left blank.

If you allow selective portions of the guidebook (and who exactly selects these portions?) to be valid then you are ultimately opening the door to use just as one example things like first form Frieza planet busting . This isn't contradicted by anything but isn't shown on panel either

The last time this was brought up people spent pages arguing that he could, based on the guidebook

You make the guidebook a usuable source and people WILL use it for feats .

First form Freeza planet busted in flashback in Super, so that's done as well.

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by abmccray View Post
    First form Freeza planet busted in flashback in Super, so that's done as well.
    Wait, when was this ever in question?

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    Wait, when was this ever in question?
    When it never happened on panel in any canon media.

since he just mod ruled the universe buster as legit, despite ...
    Universe shaking !=! busting

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    When it never happened on panel in any canon media.
    Seriously? I thought that was part of the lore from the beginning of Z.

Or was it only in the Bardock special or something?

Yup.

In the manga, only two very vacuous panels were shown.

Temporarily Closed Pending Review Of Issues Raised In Thread

After some review and discussion, it has been concluded that there is no reason that the Daizeshu should be an exemption as far as guide books, handbooks and other secondary works when it comes to Rumbles evidence standard. This being the case, it can not be cited as evidence on this or other threads.

Quote Originally Posted by The Watcher View Post
    After some review and discussion, it has been concluded that there is no reason that the Daizeshu should be an exemption as far as guide books, handbooks and other secondary works when it comes to Rumbles evidence standard. This being the case, it can not be cited as evidence on this or other threads.
    Doesn't really matter in this case. We have both the manga and the anime respectively explaining, and showing that there are more than 4 galaxies. So either way.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Quote Originally Posted by The Watcher View Post
    Thanks. Sorry for the mix-up Watcher.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    Doesn't really matter in this case. We have both the manga and the anime respectively explaining, and showing that there are more than 4 galaxies. So either way.
    Yes but the mod ruling was not based on either of those . It used only the Daizenshuu art as proof hence its not valid anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    So this thread got a bit weird. I'll start with the Universe.

I'm fine with it being considered to look like this, since that's how Toriyama chose to depict it.

Alrighty. Regarding the God Goku VS Beerus fight, I'll let the Universe Shockwaves stand. Unless we get something to contradict it later, it's fine for now, since this was supposed to be a cosmically insane level of power never seen before in the DB Universe.

With that said, let's all take a step back and get along with one another. This thread could be pretty fun and that's what Rumbles is all about: Having fun discussing crazy fight scenarios with your friends.

I'll be reopening the thread now.

Happy Thanksgiving.