Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The Dork Knight View Post
    Yes but the mod ruling was not based on either of those . It used only the Daizenshuu art as proof hence its not valid anymore
    Oh they are still valid. Just not allowed to use on here. Your entire thing was you not willing to accept there being more than 4 galaxies. That was really the only reason you were having a problem with a guidebook. Manga and anime showed otherwise, supporting what the Daizenshuu was saying. No one here was ever trying to use guidebook stats, just the lore on the Dragonball universe that it had. So it is unlikely that the guidebook will be brought up again as the anime and manga already has told us there are more than 4 galaxies.

Pointless ruling was pointless really(no offence Watcher), as it was probably never going to be brought up again anyway.
    Last edited by Cody; 11-30-2015 at 10:28 PM.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

The mod ruling stating the size of the universe to be normal sized is invalid

Nowhere in the ruling are scans or anime episodes mentioned . Again, only the guidebook art is given as a reason

Since the guidebook is not valid for anything ( as noted in this mod ruling ) that makes the previous one invalid

The universe buster thing still stands since that was not based on the guidebook

You are forgetting the entire reason we had to ask for a mod ruling in the first place . Evidence was presented by both sides as to why the universe should be considered normal sized or otherwise . The scans posted for instance , are still open to interpretation and not really in sync with things like "North Galaxy"

I'd be happy to accept the ruling if Guy1 clarifies that it was the scans or episode that convinced him otherwise . Since he hasn't , so far , and only cites the guidebook for evidence , the ruling is invalid

Please feel free to ask him for another one , based purely on canon proof

Till then, that's not a mod ruling , that's your opinion

The mod ruling stating the size of the universe to be normal sized is invalid
    Guidebook never said it was the same size as ours, just that there were more than 4 galaxies. Which was the main point. All we know is that there are more than 4, but we don't know how many galaxies exactly there is in their universe. Just like how we don't know how many galaxies are in our universe, just a rough estimate that is said to increase as we learn more about our universe.

There is no reason to assume there universe is smaller than ours as your argument of there only being 4 galaxies doesn't hold up when the manga and anime prove otherwise.

Nowhere in the ruling are scans or anime episodes mentioned . Again, only the guidebook art is given as a reason
    Okay? The ruling just said no guidebook, which is fine because it is not needed. When you have 3 sources saying the same thing; that there are more than 4 galaxies, 2 of which are from the anime and the manga respectively, then the guidebook is no longer needed.

Since the guidebook is not valid for anything ( as noted in this mod ruling ) that makes the previous one invalid
    Except it also doesn't make what was seen in the anime, or stated in the manga invalid. So by your logic; with the guidebook being no longer valid that makes what Jaco said in the manga, and what we saw in the anime, invalid as well? Sorry; but it doesn't really work that way.

The universe buster thing still stands since that was not based on the guidebook
    As does the fact that there are more than 4 galaxies, which you were trying to argue for in your attempt to make their universe small, and the feat less impressive.

You are forgetting the entire reason we had to ask for a mod ruling in the first place.
    That you refused to believe there was more than 4 galaxies? Unless stated otherwise; there is no reason to assume that their universe is either smaller or bigger than our own.

Evidence was presented by both sides as to why the universe should be considered normal sized or otherwise.
    You didn't really have any evidence backing your claims of their universe being 4 galaxies big however aside from; "it's a guidebook so it's invalid!".

You assumed that their universe was small due to you believing there was only 4 galaxies. But both the Dragonball Super Anime and Dragonball Super Manga illustrate otherwise. So..now what are you basing your argument of their universe being smaller than our own on?

The scans posted for instance , are still open to interpretation and not really in sync with things like "North Galaxy"
    What isn't open for interpretation is that there are more than 4. The anime clearly shows more than 4 galaxies, so that isn't open to interpretation at all. And both abmccray and Cthulhu pointed out that the manga proves there are more than 4:

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post

So, not having plurals at all, the original Japanese makes a point of saying that there is a number of galaxies beyond 'one'.

Taken completely objectively, this neither confirms nor denies either side's arguments, but does show that there's more than four.
    So..you again don't have much ground to work on.

I'd be happy to accept the ruling if Guy1 clarifies that it was the scans or episode that convinced him otherwise . Since he hasn't , so far , and only cites the guidebook for evidence , the ruling is invalid
    But not the manga or anime. You're basically ignoring scans from the manga and scenes from the anime now, all because one of the 3 sources are no longer allowed to be used on here.

Please feel free to ask him for another one , based purely on canon proof
    You're basically saying that, until said otherwise; the manga and anime are also invalid.

Till then, that's not a mod ruling , that's your opinion[/QUOTE]

So using scans from canon(manga) and scenes from the anime are just my opinion and not useable for a rumble is basically what you're saying atm.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

No what I'm saying is that the mod ruling is no longer valid . That's your opinion . Like so

So calm down, read it slowly and tell me where there was the need to post such a long reply for .

Edit: this started from your post in comment 166 (top of the page) where you say " Oh they are still valid "

They aren't . Is the point

No what I'm saying is that the mod ruling is no longer valid . That's your opinion . Like so

So calm down, read it slowly and tell me where there was the need to post such a long reply for .

Edit: this started from your post in comment 166 (top of the page) where you say " Oh they are still valid "

They aren't . Is the point
    I never said that what the Daizenshuu said was still valid on here. But in terms of canon. Watcher is great and all, but he doesn't decide what is or isn't canon for Dragonball. Just what is or isn't allowed on here, and the Daizenshuu is one of those things that aren't allowed.

If you're going to start arguing with me on whether or not the Daizenshuu is actually canon, then I'd like to ask you to stay on topic as that has no relevance to this discussion, and would only derail the thread further.

Daizenshuu can't be used here, cool. Not the point I was trying to make. My point was that it doesn't matter now thanks to Super pretty much giving us yet another clarification on whether or not Dragonball has only 4 galaxies.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

Ok all that's fine but that has nothing to do with what I'm saying

What I'm saying is

That is all I'm saying. That's what I corrected from your comment in comment 166 , where you are claiming it's valid

Unless you're saying the Daizenshuu are valid and the mod ruling is invalid . In which case , cool, slight misunderstanding

Ok all that's fine but that has nothing to do with what I'm saying

What I'm saying is

That is all I'm saying. That's what I corrected from your comment in comment 166 , where you are claiming it's valid
    I'm really not getting what you are arguing for, Dork Knight.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

jaco states in DB super chapter 6 that there r tons of galaxies in the universe,so ye.For those who wish to know.

And how did this thing get to 12 pages lol

Yeah seriously.
    Phoenix wins, end of story.

Does every DBZ-thread have to become a fundamental discussion?

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    I'm really not getting what you are arguing for, Dork Knight.
    I'm pointing out that the ruling is not valid anymore. we need a new ruling

I thought Cody was claiming the ruling was still valid , despite it not being based on the scans but the Daizenshuu which has just been ruled to be unusable

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Yeah seriously.

No it doesn't win against someone whose with superspeed whose shockwaves /side effects alone rend apart universes so hard that they travel into other dimensions

And it's not like just reforming is going to be easy here given attacks way back when destroyed Cell at a molecular level or whatever

Edit: This has been mod ruled upon .
    Last edited by The Dork Knight; 12-01-2015 at 12:24 PM.

Yes it does win, since again, it isn't even close to being bothered by physical damage.

It's not like we didn't take the feat into consideration from the very beginning, so really nothing new here.

And even if we would handwave the whole shockwave nonsense as reality warping or whatever, that still leaves the other party with Cosmic Awareness and a whole fiery Nexus of psychic frag brutality.

Quote Originally Posted by buutenks View Post
    jaco states in DB super chapter 6 that there r tons of galaxies in the universe,so ye.For those who wish to know.

And how did this thing get to 12 pages lol
    It's a Dragonball Z thread, how are you surprised?

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Yeah seriously.
    I still don't understand that particular ruling myself. But ... such is the way of things I suppose.

Simply put, yes.

There's a tendency for DBZ folks to argue using ABC logic, calculations and other things that are widely unacceptable as feats. So it then sort of spirals into a ... well, one of these. It's not always the case, and I'm not saying it's the case here; but it tends to be a sort of theme that crops up from time to time.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan