Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    As I said, non-corporal, and immortal to boot.
    Conventional damage is useless.
    Well; the host itself would be screwed.

Then again; she was using a host when she tangled with Galactus, and Galactus is the guy who can easily catch and react to a speeding Surfer, meaning he most likely has the same level of reaction speed as a PC Kryptonian. And if Phoenix can keep up with that; it's likely she could just blitz Goku anyway.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

The wank, the waaaaank.

But yea. Goku's a bit out of his depth.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    The wank, the waaaaank.
    What was? I was just describing what happened in Super and in the comics. That isn't wanking, that's describing events that happened in their respective stories.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

Galactus doesn't have any " reaction time "

He's a cosmic. Such things are below him

So far below him in fact that when surfer travels back to the past and meets Galactus , dude already knows what surfer is here for and that he is not the surfer from the present

Besides that he twists time and space merely by existing such that entire lifetimes pass for spider man in the space between his attack on Galactus and the actual attack

Quote Originally Posted by The Dork Knight View Post
    Galactus doesn't have any " reaction time "

He's a cosmic. Such things are below him

So far below him in fact that when surfer travels back to the past and meets Galactus , dude already knows what surfer is here for and that he is not the surfer from the present

Besides that he twists time and space merely by existing such that entire lifetimes pass for spider man in the space between his attack on Galactus and the actual attack
    He's Omniscient you mean?
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    No, not omniscience (otherwise he wouldn't need to have so many conversations with the likes of Reed and Thanos). Rather, the Power Cosmic brings about a type of cosmic awareness that normal human senses could never dream of (Xavier was nearly knocked out by sheer sensory force in a split second when he tried to read Galactus). It's not infinite, but it's a sense that can stretch over space and time.

Not exactly but he's well a cosmic

Things such as reaction time , physical stats , heck physical bodies themselves are ....well largely meaningless to them

....then again Galactus has been known to take people to suplex City , bitch !

Not exactly but he's well a cosmic

Things such as reaction time , physical stats , heck physical bodies themselves are ....well largely meaningless to them

....then again Galactus has been known to take people to suplex City , bitch !
    Does this form of power extend to Celestials and Skyfathers as well?
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

I don't know . Galactus is a cosmic that is summoned by the tribunal when the universe is in danger along with people like Eternity , Infinity, Watcher (Uatu) , Order , Chaos , the Stranger and In Betweener

I don't recall Skyfathers being part of the same group

Celestials have their own thing separate from these cossmics

I don't think Odin has been shown to be capable of existing without a body , though it wouldn't surprise me to know (by that I mean his body being merely a shell containing his true form / showing different races what they are capable of perceiving /true form being incomprehensible to mortals)

For a celestial ...they should theoretically be capable of the same . Certain Celestials are above Galactus

The problem with cossmics is that someone like LT doesn't exactly have as many feats or appearances as say Galactus , yet is clearly well above him so should theoretically be capable of replicating the same . What I'm saying is that don't have a defined power set

For Galactus , he's supposed to be a cosmic force that balances out eternity and oblivion or death or something . He's been shown to share handshakes with the universe in the form of a star. He's been shown to look different to different races ( Skrulls don't see a humanoid when they look at Galactus )

So....a cosmic comparable or above Galactus like Phoenix should theoretically be capable of the same
    Last edited by The Dork Knight; 11-23-2015 at 12:04 AM.

One thing that is certain is that physical stats are largely meaningless for people on or above Galactus' level

My favourite example of that is when Mephisto took the IG from Thanos , removed it from his hand and the gauntlet ended up choking and nearly killing him and re-attached to Thanos' hand

Things like " blitz Galactus ! Or blitz Eternity" become largely meaningless in light of things like that

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

I think the issue here is that Goku himself qualifies as a cosmic-level being. He's literally a god, with all that entails. Him and Beerus nearly destroying the universe wasn't even them unleashing the full force of their power on reality, but the *largely cancelled-out* shockwaves of them punching each other. I don't know that he could beat Phoenix, but it would by no means be a total stomp.
    Buh-bye

What was? I was just describing what happened in Super and in the comics. That isn't wanking, that's describing events that happened in their respective stories.
    I'm just crackin' wise, son. It's kinda my thing, as Len Ikari will attest. Or threaten. Dude on me like ugly on a squid.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    I think the issue here is that Goku himself qualifies as a cosmic-level being. He's literally a god, with all that entails. Him and Beerus nearly destroying the universe wasn't even them unleashing the full force of their power on reality, but the *largely cancelled-out* shockwaves of them punching each other. I don't know that he could beat Phoenix, but it would by no means be a total stomp.
    But see, it kinda would be in the sense that he can't exactly DO anything to her, whereas the Phoenix Force as a whole could literally liquefy his brain.

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    I'm just crackin' wise, son. It's kinda my thing, as Len Ikari will attest. Or threaten. Dude on me like ugly on a squid.
    Hey, I resent that. I don't threaten you! >_<

Threats would imply that I don't follow through with what I say.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

One thing that is certain is that physical stats are largely meaningless for people on or above Galactus' level

My favourite example of that is when Mephisto took the IG from Thanos , removed it from his hand and the gauntlet ended up choking and nearly killing him and re-attached to Thanos' hand

Things like " blitz Galactus ! Or blitz Eternity" become largely meaningless in light of things like that
    One of my favorite Galactus feats is when he's literally standing in Mephisto's Realm, and completely bored with fighting Mephisto on his terms or some such, literally just starts consuming the place.

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Hey, I resent that. I don't threaten you! >_<

Threats would imply that I don't follow through with what I say.
    I still have all my tentacles, what do you say to that !?! AHAHAHA.

Arx Inosaan