Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Fictional crossovers and heroes Superman couldn't cooperate with

Well besides the ones who kill to save lives or stop evil. And its based on the alternative thread about fictional franchises with the superman verse.

I dont think Clark could work with the characters from Dragon Ball. Goku especially. I think Clark would like Goku on a personal level (he's a super nice guy) but Goku has put the entire planet and/or universe in jeopardy many times just to prove his combat prowess, and I cannot see Superman sitting back and going "The bad guy is on the ropes but you want to give him a breather so he can recover, get more powerful, and potentially defeat us? Sure thing!" Goku is just too irresponsible. Not to mention that a real Goku fight typically ends with him killing someone.

Iron Man. Pretty sure the whole encounter would end with Superman tearing the armor off Tony for the good of everyone.

How anyone is able to tolerate Hal Jordan and Guy Gardner long enough to work together is beyond me.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I dont think Clark could work with the characters from Dragon Ball. Goku especially. I think Clark would like Goku on a personal level (he's a super nice guy) but Goku has put the entire planet and/or universe in jeopardy many times just to prove his combat prowess, and I cannot see Superman sitting back and going "The bad guy is on the ropes but you want to give him a breather so he can recover, get more powerful, and potentially defeat us? Sure thing!" Goku is just too irresponsible. Not to mention that a real Goku fight typically ends with him killing someone.

Iron Man. Pretty sure the whole encounter would end with Superman tearing the armor off Tony for the good of everyone.

How anyone is able to tolerate Hal Jordan and Guy Gardner long enough to work together is beyond me.
    So any shonen manga maybe barring NARUTO.

Quote Originally Posted by jimishim12 View Post
    So any shonen manga maybe barring NARUTO.
    Pretty much. I think Clark takes the hero gig very seriously, he's not going to stand for someone making a game out of it when the world itself is at stake. But beyond that I think Clark would love Goku; but really, who wouldnt?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

Link from The Legend of Zelda: Link might be a pretty good fighter for truth justice and the Hyrulian way, but his blatant destruction of Hyrule's shrubberies and pots for his personal profit sends his Superman approval rating plummeting.

The Mario Bros because their apparent drug addiction hinders their effectivenes as well as sanity as evidenced by all the times they've murdered everything in their path regardless of threat, abused their pal Yoshi, or hopped off a cliff under the influence of Mushrooms or "Stars" or flowers.

The Pokemon universe doesn't even need to be explained as to why Superman would object to it
    Last edited by Hilden B. Lade; 11-25-2015 at 10:14 PM.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

To whatever extent they can be termed as 'good guys', Superman wouldn't put up with the SCP Foundation. THAT'D be a fight.

With Dragon Ball, I think he'd understand their actions, but he'd also want to talk with Bulma and maybe Supreme Kai about looking into prisons to be used in the future, especially given that some villains maintain their bodies in death/can be resurrected, and guys like Buu and Cell are near-impossible to kill in the first place.

I can't imagine he'd be willing to tolerate Odin in the long term.

He'd be super-uncomfortable with the Harry Potter universe with its campaign of brainwashing the general population and putting its faith in old men that manipulate boys to die for them.
    Buh-bye

Pretty much. I think Clark takes the hero gig very seriously, he's not going to stand for someone making a game out of it when the world itself is at stake. But beyond that I think Clark would love Goku; but really, who wouldnt?
    What about Ichigo from Bleach? I think he's nice enough for Clark not to have a problem with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    To whatever extent they can be termed as 'good guys', Superman wouldn't put up with the SCP Foundation. THAT'D be a fight.

With Dragon Ball, I think he'd understand their actions, but he'd also want to talk with Bulma and maybe Supreme Kai about looking into prisons to be used in the future, especially given that some villains maintain their bodies in death/can be resurrected, and guys like Buu and Cell are near-impossible to kill in the first place.

I can't imagine he'd be willing to tolerate Odin in the long term.

He'd be super-uncomfortable with the Harry Potter universe with its campaign of brainwashing the general population and putting its faith in old men that manipulate boys to die for them.
    If that were the case, he'd be pretty critical of any superhero who took up a sidekick.

Any way for me:

The Punisher
    The Comedian
    Kratos from God of War
    The Boys (both the Seven and the titular characters)
    Last edited by Agent Z; 11-26-2015 at 07:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    What about Ichigo from Bleach? I think he's nice enough for Clark not to have a problem with him.
    A couple of my friends love Bleach but Ive never seen it, so I cant really say.

As for the DBZ guys, I think Clark would get along with them quite well (even Vegeta) but Goku's habit of putting lives at risk just so he can test his abilities isnt something I see Superman approving of.

~ Black Panther.

A couple of my friends love Bleach but Ive never seen it, so I cant really say.

As for the DBZ guys, I think Clark would get along with them quite well (even Vegeta) but Goku's habit of putting lives at risk just so he can test his abilities isnt something I see Superman approving of.
    I don't know, Goku seemed to care about people's safety. It was piccolo who suggested Majin Buu to kill humans to buy time for Gotenks.

I'm not sure he would get along with Vegeta though.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post

Its the people Ichigo works for that superman would be dissident towards, especially the captains barring kumommaru, hitsugaya, and ukitake.

Boisterously Confused

I can't imagine Superman tolerating old school Wolverine, Moon Knight, or modern-age Magneto.

I think it bears mentioning that there's a difference between who he'd be able to get along with and who he'd work with. For example he seemed to get a long fairly well with Tommy in Hitman despite his career choice, but (for obvious reasons) I doubt that they would be able to work well together.

Incredible Member

To be fair to Hitman, Superman thought he was just a guy in a roof...
    ... a roof he later used to snipe a guy.

Here's one character I can't Superman co-operating with: The God-Emperor of Man from WH40k. Xenophobic ultra-powerful psyker with a messiah complex the size of the galaxy. He's only a hero because the rest of the WH40k universe is so monstrous. They're like total polar opposites, and if they ever come in contact it would't surprise me if the world blows apart like matter contacting anti-matter.

One's physically ultra-powerful, the other is immensurably powerful in psionics. One's all about restraint and care, the other's all about doing everything necessary. Superman cares about all, the GeoM only cares about humanity (as in general, he doesn't seem to care much about the individual).

Wonder what will happen the moment the God-Emperor reads his mind. Will he consider Superman a naive idiot, menace, or the noblest person he ever knew?

Quote Originally Posted by Slaughter View Post
    To be fair to Hitman, Superman thought he was just a guy in a roof...
    ... a roof he later used to snipe a guy.
    Woops, I forgot about that :S