Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Slaughter View Post
    Wonder what will happen the moment the God-Emperor reads his mind. Will he consider Superman a naive idiot, menace, or the noblest person he ever knew?
    Well, those aren't exactly mutually exclusive options there.
    All three at the same time works.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    I'm not sure he would get along with Vegeta though.
    If Clark can deal with Batman when he's in one of his moods, he could deal with Vegeta. Im thinking of the more mellow, later-on DBZ, after he got married and had a kid though. Earlier Vegeta would have found himself beat to an unconscious pulp before he had time to power up and talk about how powerful he is.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Incredible Member

I agree that Superman and Goku would have modus operandi problems. Then again, they're from different universes even if they're pretty much dimensional counter-parts.
    Superman is first and foremost a protector and good samaritan, while Goku is essentially a super-powered martial artist who is biologically compelled to always seek out the next, best foe to fight. Also Superman is more intelligent and educated than Goku, who's a savant when it comes to fighting but he's a bit of a uneducated simpleton in pretty much everything else. Someone like Gohan or Tenshinhan is more serious and focused and might engage Superman at better levels.

Also I feel Goku pretty much deals with the world in a "All you have is a hammer" way, and when you don't have that, Dragon Balls. He would be putty to a proper manipulator or have serious problems with someone that he can't out-power, no matter how much he tries - like, say, Mxztplkm, Vyndtvx, Dr. Xadu, Darkseid or Imperiex. Possible even Lex Luthor if Goku doesn't read his mind. That might cause problems with Superman.

They would co-operate, but there would be problems, possibly blows.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

I think he'd get a kick out of the Straw Hart crew, though he probably wouldn't be Zoro's biggest fan. Would probably single-handedly wreck the World Government the second he learns of all of their atrocities, too.

...Actually I think Superman would get along with Piccolo and Gohan.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    If Clark can deal with Batman when he's in one of his moods, he could deal with Vegeta. Im thinking of the more mellow, later-on DBZ, after he got married and had a kid though. Earlier Vegeta would have found himself beat to an unconscious pulp before he had time to power up and talk about how powerful he is.
    Well if they clear that Vegeta is in Superman's strengh class I dont think it would be wise for Clark to fight Vegeta.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Well if they clear that Vegeta is in Superman's strengh class I dont think it would be wise for Clark to fight Vegeta.
    Oh I dont think Clark would handle any of the Saiyans easily. On Clark's side, I think he's likely more powerful "at rest" and for the Saiyans to hit their stride they need time to charge up. Even if they only need seconds, that might as well be days for Clark and he's not likely to wait around while they pose and scream and glow. He'll go for the sucker punch. So he has some advantages there.

But the Saiyans are infinitely better fighters and they're completely acclimated to gravity-free, superpowered combat. And they fight to kill (if they're serious) while Clark pulls his punches.

Fortunately, early-DBZ Vegeta isnt anywhere near the level they're all at later on. But really, I was just talking smack earlier in that post you quoted.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Well, these guys anyway:

The Punisher.

Namor

Wolverine

Professor X

Deadpool

and, based on these panels from JLA/Avengers, Captain America, given that he considers Supes to be some kind of fascist god:

http://www.retrocrush.com/archive200...gersamazed.jpg

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads...ssuperman4.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by CharlesInCharge; 06-07-2017 at 03:36 AM.

I agree with the claim that Son Goku, while likable, is too irresponsible in his pursuit of great fights. While Goku sits there letting Frieza recover, Kal is going to take the opportunity to kill him or else shoot him into the 'Zone, since obviously there's no other way to contain the monster. Who cares if Goku gets annoyed over it? The entire population of Namek is at stake!

Here's one: Doctor Who. Not usually, perhaps, but sometimes. The Doctor is normally a positive force in the universe, but every so often he really goes over the line. Not the Waters of Mars or Girl Who Died kind of over-the-line where he decides to save a life and damn the consequences. I actually think Superman might be on board with that. Bruce might not on his bad days, but...

No, I'm talking about Girl Who Waited or Love and War style stories where he manipulates his friends as pawns and sacrifices them in games of life and death. Superman would have none of that.

Of course, now that Doctor Who has its very own Superman in the form of Grant "Grim Grinnin' Ghost" Gordon, maybe we'll eventually get to see a similar tension play out.

Also, okay, somebody earlier said something about Pokémon and I gotta say, I think that's way off. The Pokémon world isn't some dystopian nightmare, it's a world "of people learning to respect a natural resource, trying to understand how to best interact with the world around them, and learning discipline and focus through practice." There's nothing there for Superman to get up in arms about, except of course the occasional criminal organizations like Team Rocket.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesInCharge View Post
    ...and, based on these panels from JLA/Avengers, Captain America, given that he considers Supes to be some kind of fascist god...
    Both Cap and Supes are having their minds messed with here, by... I think the Grandmaster, IIRC.

All-New Member

Naah. That was because of some of the inherent differences of the universes they inhabit.

Superman was digusted by the indifference of Marvel's Heroes to clear threats to innocent life. Supes for instance saw the Hulk taking a lunch break after crushing the U.S.Army. The other Leaguers saw the aftermath of the Genoshian Genocide and Dr. Doom basking in the 'worship' of the Latverans.

Captain America, on the other hand, was disgusted by the casual faith the inhabitants of the DCU had in it's heroes ('They have MUSEUMS for their heroes here?') and thought that the JLA earned their acclaim the DR. Doom way.

Apropro of nothing: I could see the Avengers landing in the DCEU (particularly the middle of BvS and Cap saying, "See! THIS is how heroes are SUPPOSED to be treated!"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Oruncrest View Post
    Naah. That was because of some of the inherent differences of the universes they inhabit.
    AND because the Grandmaster was messing with their emotions.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    I agree with the claim that Son Goku, while likable, is too irresponsible in his pursuit of great fights. While Goku sits there letting Frieza recover, Kal is going to take the opportunity to kill him or else shoot him into the 'Zone, since obviously there's no other way to contain the monster. Who cares if Goku gets annoyed over it? The entire population of Namek is at stake!
    The population of Namek was already saved during the final moments of the Freeza fight. Goku at that point proved that Freeza had no way to beat him, so he spared him. There's no way Superman wouldn't have done the same, especially given the guy was already cut in half. Maybe he would have even avoided killing when Freeza tried to force his hand, if we're talking about a seasoned Superman. I don't think Clark and Goku would be great friends unless Superman somehow found himself enjoying the challenge of sparring, but they'd definitely be able to cooperate.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z
    If that were the case, (Superman)'d be pretty critical of any superhero who took up a sidekick.
    Sidekicks are different in that they always choose to do what they do anyway, and their mentors try to discourage them from doing suicidal actions. It's the Dumbledores and the Zordons and the Shazams and almost any Magical Girl Mascot that Superman would have problems with (Nanoha's Yuuno could squeak by, Sailor Moon's Luna would get chewed out for involving 'innocent girls' in her 'private war', and Madokas Kubey could die by heat vision).

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post

Here's one: Doctor Who. Not usually, perhaps, but sometimes. The Doctor is normally a positive force in the universe, but every so often he really goes over the line. Not the Waters of Mars or Girl Who Died kind of over-the-line where he decides to save a life and damn the consequences. I actually think Superman might be on board with that. Bruce might not on his bad days, but...

No, I'm talking about Girl Who Waited or Love and War style stories where he manipulates his friends as pawns and sacrifices them in games of life and death. Superman would have none of that.
    I think Clark and the Doctor would get along famously......at first. Eventually Clark would start to realize just how twisted the Doctor can be and their relationship would sour real quick.

But I think in time (ha!) they could probably come to an understanding. Is the Doctor so far afield of Batman? Bruce has manipulated his friends, his foes, complete strangers, and even politics, to achieve his goals. The Doctor certainly works on a whole different level and his actions impact the course of centuries, not just a single city, but I think the Doctor's intentions, which are usually noble, might elicit a grudging pass from Clark. Once he calmed down anyway.

~ Black Panther.