Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default How to solve Bar Torr

What if Bar Torr was inertia?
    Everyone hated how Bart was handled in the new52 so in this I will try to make a half reasonable solution!

Impulse would be introduced in a flash comic as part of a story arc.Now eobard is avaliable in the new52 we can use him as a link.Reverse flash is teaming up with the rogues. When him and Barry are fighting they enter the mirror world to find young child who is captured.This is Bart Allen who turns out to be a descendant of both Barry and Eobard.Bart was kidnapped by Thawne in the future who was worried he would be tainted by the Allen family and corrupted,so he travelled in time and abandoned him in the mirror world at a young age.Bart was yet to absorb his inherent speed powers from the speed force as he cannot absorb it in the mirror world.Other speedster have stored speed force energy they use when in the mirror world without even relishing.Barry defeats Thawne somehow and due to the rogues don't kill/hurt women or children policy agree with the flash to release Bart. Bart then must adapt to his speed powers and dangers he did not face in the mirror world as a new superhero Impulse(named by Captain Cold).quick footnotes:
    the mirror world replaces virtual reality for original Bart,
    Eobard disappeared for a while after his defeat so we do not know if this is Barry and Iris descendants or Barry and someone else.
    Bart will keep his impulsiveness.
    Bart will temporarily be adopted by Barry until new speedster introduction.(either the quicks,Max Mercury or Jay)

Now for Bar Torr:
    Bar torr is still having violence tendencies in missions going as far as almost killing,and when Bart is introduced he feels he has been replaced and gives into his violent past donning his future rebel costume and becoming Inertia-Barts new arch nemesis.

So what do you think-any plot holes missing any questions or any suggestions?

Fantastic Member

I thought they were already hinting that Barr torr is inertia

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

That was exactly what I hoped in the last run of TT : Bar Torr has to be Inertia.

They showed him wearing a green suit like 3-4 times. I hoped it wasn't innocent. Maybe it was just Booth and Rapmund trying to save the legacy of Bart Allen :/

Get rid of him. Out of sight, out of mind.

BANNED

I see no reason why he can't just die or whatever and then later another Bart from another alternate future shows up.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Kill him.

Erase his timeline with fire.

Making him Inertia will still reference the current run. Better just move away from it.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

I think Inertia is the best explanation for such a crazy mess. I can't believe this "Bar Torr" non-sense was even greenlit.

Fantastic Member

Honestly, wouldn't even want Bar Torr as Inertia. Thad Thawne at least had more dignity than this character (well, he did before Flash: FMA and Geoff Johns decided to make him generic as all hell). Scrap Bar Torr, introduce Bart as Impulse later w/ Inertia as his darker anti-hero/villain counterpart/brother.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Just ignoring/not referring to Bar-Torr anymore (the pocket retcon method that was popular before COIE) is probably the best way to deal with the character.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Knight of DC View Post
    Honestly, wouldn't even want Bar Torr as Inertia. Thad Thawne at least had more dignity than this character (well, he did before Flash: FMA and Geoff Johns decided to make him generic as all hell). Scrap Bar Torr, introduce Bart as Impulse later w/ Inertia as his darker anti-hero/villain counterpart/brother.
    Ugh the evil brother angle is even worse, straight up soap opera-y which is why Cobalt Blue was terrible character.
    Favorite Characters : Cyborg, Hal Jordan, Simon Baz, Tula, Mera ,Bleez, Shazam, Wonder Woman, Agent 37 , Batman, Kon El, Atomica.

I love Legacy but you have to change things up to keep them from going stale - Jason Fabok

Twitter : @Flashpoint52

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sirzechs View Post
    Ugh the evil brother angle is even worse, straight up soap opera-y which is why Cobalt Blue was terrible character.
    Not how I meant it (probably should've gone w/o the "anti-villain" part). More of a more cynical, sardonic counter-part to Bart. Still would-be-maybe family if they weren't so different from one another.

Maybe just erase Bar Torr using the next New 53 reboot.

BANNED

Think I'd go even further.

Early on in the New 52, it was hinted that Harvest was once part of Captain Atom who was blown up by Firestorm and blasted into the future and later involved with the whole Legion Lost debacle.

I'd have Captain Atom reform himself in the present then travel through time to collect the bits of himself thats still missing. But he does so in a way that he doesn't affect the timeline that was disrupted by the fragments of himself. Like Harvest-to-be comes to in an alley somewhere, but before he can run off, Atom appears behind him and absorbs him back into himself. Presto, Harvest never existed, current versions of Superboy never existed, and because of the butterfly effect; Bar-Torr never existed either because Jon wouldn't be around to murder all the metahumans.

In it's place however, we get the proper Legion of Superheroes and Bart Allen appears as the genuine future decendent of Barry.

Quote Originally Posted by colonyofcells View Post
    Maybe just erase Bar Torr using the next New 53 reboot.

Dc said there are no new reboots soon.
    He could be killed as inertia to remove him and then introduce Thad.Killed by rogue or accidently by Titans character eg doomed or cassie.
    I admit I read the whole impulse line and loved it,it's quirky attitude,counter balance of life as Bart and as impulse.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Red obin View Post
    Dc said there are no new reboots soon.
    Think they meant; No more of the crisis-level kind of reboots where they restructure the entire DCU. Smaller reboots are still allowed and still happening all the time... like Titans showing up again.