Page 1 of 34 1234511 ... LastLast

Default 2015 "Crisis" Event to begin with "Love Letter" to DC fans

Bleeding Cool is reporting that in April and May 2015, at the beginning of what some are expecting to be a Crisis event, and while DC is in the process of moving its editorial offices to Burbank, the company will publish a weekly and twenty two-shots. These forty-eight issues will be a "love letter" to DC fans and will feature DC heroes and villains encountering alternate versions of themselves from across the multiverse.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/06/...c-comics-fans/

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Hmm. Going to have to wait for more details before I can give a proper opinion on this.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

I had a feeling something like this was coming down the pike. It might be similar in some ways to the DC RETROACTIVE series we had just before the New 52 reboot bowed, which was a fun exercise, if inconsistent of quality in parts.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Astonishing Member

Will this be related to Multiversity? If so this looks like a Countdown/DoNG in the making.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Ugh, twenty two shots? Seriously.

I'll buy the Superman one, like always.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dzetoun View Post
    Bleeding Cool is reporting that in April and May 2015, at the beginning of what some are expecting to be a Crisis event, and while DC is in the process of moving its editorial offices to Burbank, the company will publish a weekly and twenty two-shots. These forty-eight issues will be a "love letter" to DC fans and will feature DC heroes and villains encountering alternate versions of themselves from across the multiverse.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/06/...c-comics-fans/
    Sounds like it might be fun. I'll support fun stuff like this.

If this new Crisis can bring back some of the old DCU, I might actually care again
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

Quote Originally Posted by Pharozonk View Post
    If this new Crisis can bring back some of the old DCU, I might actually care again
    Word!
    Better Bring Back the real Wally as well as the real versions of a lot of the characters the new 52 has ruined and keep the few things they improved with the new 52.
    Last edited by Trevel8182; 06-12-2014 at 01:34 PM.

This could be good. I look forward to hearing details.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dzetoun View Post
    the company will publish a weekly and twenty two-shots. These forty-eight issues will be a "love letter" to DC fans and will feature DC heroes and villains encountering alternate versions of themselves from across the multiverse.
    This could be a LOT of fun. We shall see.

I'll check out the Cyborg one I guess. Maybe a Vixen one too if they do her.

Is Blue Beetle Jaime still around? Or what about Blue Devil and Black Lightning?
    The J-man

BANNED

You had to know something like this was coming. It is the 30th anniversary of Crisis after all. Wonder how much more they will mess up the DCU this time.

Sounds a lot like countdown arena. Don't know. Sounds fun , I guess. Hopefully it has no impact on regular stories.

Spectacular Member

Unless I'm missing something there is nothing that says, or implies, this is leading to another "Crisis". The only reference to IC is that some of the content will draw from the new game.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RolandGunner View Post
    Unless I'm missing something there is nothing that says, or implies, this is leading to another "Crisis". The only reference to IC is that some of the content will draw from the new game.
    You are correct. Most people are extrapolating based on the fact that the regular weeklies are pausing/ending the month prior, and because that period is the 30th anniversary of the COIE.