Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GlennSimpson View Post
    You are correct. Most people are extrapolating based on the fact that the regular weeklies are pausing/ending the month prior, and because that period is the 30th anniversary of the COIE.
    It's what fans do.

Then cauterwauling about that extrapolation and refusing to support the company any more based on that extrapolation is also what fans do.

And being utterly disappointed when reality doesn't match their extrapolations is also what fans do.
    Last edited by gwangung; 06-12-2014 at 02:36 PM.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I really need more info on this before I comment. It's interesting this event comes as Multiversity ends though, hopefully they are using Morrison's guide.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pharozonk View Post
    If this new Crisis can bring back some of the old DCU, I might actually care again
    I'm thinking that could be what this is.

Heroes and villains encounter alternate versions of themselves and maybe some switches happen.

For example? The pre-Flashpoint Teen Titans encounter their failed New 52 counterparts.

They look each other up and down.

The pre-Flashpoint Titans then proceed to curbstomp their New 52 counterparts and send them packing into another universe.

Pre-Flashpont Titans look around and say "So! Who wants to build a tower and come up with a battle cry for our team? Something alliterative? Like 'Titans Together!' Oh, yeah, and Solstice (pre-Flashpoint Solstice perks up) seriously, smile! Right now. Biggest smile you've got. That's more like it. Okay, team, now let's get out there and be awesome!"

A man can dream, can't he?
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

What would be interesting is if DC actually used this to gauge interest in which versions of each character/team to keep going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    What would be interesting is if DC actually used this to gauge interest in which versions of each character/team to keep going forward.
    I'm thinking they've been using the last three years of books to determine what has and has not worked and which ones are in need of replacement.

For example? I find it highly dubious hat DC will see ANY need to replace Wonder Woman.
    Last edited by Vanguard-01; 06-12-2014 at 03:15 PM.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    I'm thinking they've been using the last three years of books to determine what has and has not worked and which ones are in need of replacement.

For example? I find it highly dubious hat DC will see ANY need to replace Wonder Woman.
    one would think there would be no reason to cannon fodder jaime, yet ted is back

odds are we might get a combo of what worked pre-flashpoint, what worked in the new 52, what worked for the adaptations; as well as the preferences of the braintrust, major writers and tumblr (so i guess for example we might get a Question who WAS renee, but vic passed shazam's curse on to her -instead of the mark of cain- etc)

BANNED

I want a team up/rumble between lobdells kon,Geoffs Conner,kesels SB,with the YJ tv shows superboy and smallvilles superboy thrown in.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharozonk View Post
    If this new Crisis can bring back some of the old DCU, I might actually care again
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevel8182 View Post
    Word!
    Better Bring Back the real Wally as well as the real versions of a lot of the characters the new 52 has ruined and keep the few things they improved with the new 52.
    The New 52 only improved two things. Barbara Gordon and Green Arrow no longer being a father. Other than that, it has been a Bizarro version of what we used to have. Actually, strike that. Bizarro World would be a significant improvement over what we've got now.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    I want a team up/rumble between lobdells kon,Geoffs Conner,kesels SB,with the YJ tv shows superboy and smallvilles superboy thrown in.
    That would get my money in an instant!

As long as one of the non-sucky Superboys win. Which pretty much means any of them other than Nu-Kon.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    The New 52 only improved two things. Barbara Gordon and Green Arrow no longer being a father. Other than that, it has been a Bizarro version of what we used to have. Actually, strike that. Bizarro World would be a significant improvement over what we've got now.
    Yeah, except Superman is better, Wonder Woman is better, Aquaman is better, arguably Flash is better, and Batman is certainly not worse than they were right before Flashpoint. Other than that...
    Last edited by AlexanderLuthor; 06-12-2014 at 04:51 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Barbara Gordon a improvement? I don't think she was in any way improved

BANNED

I'm thinking that could be what this is.
    HIGHLY unlikely. I've been reading DC a LONG time, and this has happened at every event since Crisis, someone wishing it would revert back. I LOVE the Pre-Crisis Multiverse, but it's gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Mbast1 View Post
    HIGHLY unlikely. I've been reading DC a LONG time, and this has happened at every event since Crisis, someone wishing it would revert back. I LOVE the Pre-Crisis Multiverse, but it's gone.
    I wasn't talking about a full reversion. You're right. Unless every book in the New 52 failed utterly, there would be no chance of a full reversion.

But it's undeniable that some parts of the New 52 were not as successful as DC was hoping for. This Crisis would be a perfect opportunity to quickly and efficiently get rid of some of the elements that don't work and replace them with elements that either worked in the past or at least a new take on those elements that may catch on better.

No, I highly doubt we'll go back to the pre-Flashpoint universe, but evidence is mounting that we may at least be heading for some changes. Whether those changes will be for the better or the worse remains to be seen.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

BANNED

No, I highly doubt we'll go back to the pre-Flashpoint universe, but evidence is mounting that we may at least be heading for some changes. Whether those changes will be for the better or the worse remains to be seen.
    I think they're going to make changes to anything that doesn't sell, and keep doing that with or without a Crisis. Just the way it's gotta be. The market is changing so fast they're going to HAVE to keep moving quickly to stay viable.

A 2 or 3 month coie anniversary event makes sense to me. A 2 month event is probably more reasonable to keep the total cost of the event down. It will be fun to see old versions from pre-coie and pre-flashpoint working with the New 52 versions.