Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don’t think that was in The Pulse. I think that was in New Avengers after Peter revealed his identity to the team and Jessica realized they had gone to school together.
    Woops, you're right. Not sure why I thought that. In fairness, Spider-Man appears in a crap ton of early Pulse issues and seems to be on every cover.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Can I get some deets on the Nico/Karolina narratives in this latest Jessica Jones, y'all?

I saw a scan that Jess is trying to reach Nico but I am dying to know why and what for and all the things. HAAALP!
    Jess was trying to get a hold of Elsa Bloodstone. So she called Kate, who gave her Karolina's number, and then called Karolina, who gave her Nico's number to get Elsa's number.

Kelly Thompson was using her A-Force continuity.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Woops, you're right. Not sure why I thought that. In fairness, Spider-Man appears in a crap ton of early Pulse issues and seems to be on every cover.
    It was not in THE PULSE or in NEW AVENGERS. It was in ALIAS #22-23.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    It was not in THE PULSE or in NEW AVENGERS. It was in ALIAS #22-23/
    For some reason the forum won't let me edit that post, so let me rephrase it here. ALIAS #22-23 is where we first see the flashback that Jessica and Peter were in school together, and where Flash Thompson calls her "coma girl", etc. It is referenced again in later stories, but that was where it was first established.

Astonishing Member

I don't recall whether he appeared as Peter Parker, but he definitely never appeared as Spider-Man until The Pulse. In fact, Bendis specifically said the reason they were going from a Mature Audiences book to an All-Ages book was because characters like Spider-Man couldn't appear in Alias because a kid might pick the book up.
    Yep, that is mostly true--but he DID get Spidey in for a cameo in issue #15 of ALIAS. Jessica Jones and Scott Lang are out on their first date--and nearby they spot Dr. Octopus being chased by Spider-Man and the Human Torch. Bendis was probably allowed to get away with it since Spidey was only in 2 panels and had no dialogue.

Bendis probably meant that they were not allowed to use Spider-Man in any meaningful way in a Mature Audiences book.

Here is the quote Bendis said explaining why he was ending the MAX series Alias:

Then, if I did that, it wouldn't need to be Max anymore. Though I like saying '****' a lot, some might say too fucking much, the big eff word was stifling a couple of things I wanted to do with Jessica - like using Spider-Man and some other big name Marvel guest stars.

See, we can't have the kids picking up an issue of Alias looking for Wolverine and getting a mouth full of my potty, we just can't. But still, I have these story ideas. So...

Alias is called The Pulse now. The Pulse. It's a brand new, ongoing marvel comic starting this February.
    Last edited by Mike_Murdock; 09-01-2018 at 07:56 AM.

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Astonishing Member

Here is the quote Bendis said explaining why he was ending the MAX series Alias:
    Yes, I remember reading that interview back at the time it happened. But Spider-Man did appear, on-panel, in ALIAS #15. Like I said, that was only a came appearance which is probably why he was allowed to get away with it. He wouldn't have been allowed to do an actual guest starring role while it was still a MAX book.

Ruh Roh

It’s Sunday and that’s like...a day of forgiveness or something, right? Anyway, I’m going to take a moment to ask for ADVANCE forgiveness for this week’s #JessicaJones. It’s an other incredible double-sized issue that we’re all really proud of but the cliffhanger is...BRUTAL.

It’s leading to what I think will be one of the most imp, emotionally powerful, & character defining stories of Jessica’s life (not to mention - in MY biased opinion - some of the best scripts I’ve ever written) - but the cliffhanger - due to the hiatus - is especially rough.

I think...good advice going into the issue would be to think of it as a TV show rather than a comic, so the 3-ish month hiatus will feel more normal (and even short! You might have to wait a year or more for a tv show! This is only a few months!) See? Bright side!

Okay. That’s all I’ll say. I hope you guys love it. Please don’t kill me...if only so I can finish this second story which @MattiaIulis is absolutely KILLING. ������ #JessicaJones
    Honestly, it's not the cliffhanger but the fact that there's a break that makes me worry I'll be pissed off.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Ruh Roh

Honestly, it's not the cliffhanger but the fact that there's a break that makes me worry I'll be pissed off.
    Clearly Luke and Jessica break up. Which is a bummer. But it is hard to do noir with a happy, healthy marriage. You'd have to do Thin Man, which is a drastic tonal shift.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Spectacular Member Kelly Thompson's Avatar

A few teasers from tomorrow's new issue of Jessica Jones.

As usual the issues are double sized - for issue #3 the first half is illustrated by Mattia De Iulis and wraps up the "Blindspot" arc. The second have is drawn by Marcio Takara and colored by Rachelle Rosenberg and is a stand alone story that sets up the second arc.

From Mattia De Iulis:
    Screen Shot 2018-09-25 at 3.10.32 PM.jpg

From Marcio Takara:
    Screen Shot 2018-09-25 at 3.21.27 PM.jpg

And at the twitter link you can see all 8 images (including She-Hulk, Thor, and Elsa Bloodstone, who all make guest appearances, along with Doctor Strange!)

https://twitter.com/79SemiFinalist/s...24771345199105

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Thompson View Post
    A few teasers from tomorrow's new issue of Jessica Jones.

As usual the issues are double sized - for issue #3 the first half is illustrated by Mattia De Iulis and wraps up the "Blindspot" arc. The second have is drawn by Marcio Takara and colored by Rachelle Rosenberg and is a stand alone story that sets up the second arc.

From Mattia De Iulis:
    Screen Shot 2018-09-25 at 3.10.32 PM.jpg

From Marcio Takara:
    Screen Shot 2018-09-25 at 3.21.27 PM.jpg

And at the twitter link you can see all 8 images (including She-Hulk, Thor, and Elsa Bloodstone, who all make guest appearances, along with Doctor Strange!)

https://twitter.com/79SemiFinalist/s...24771345199105
    Somebody didn't get the memo about the color of Thor's arm and hammer (not that I mind) .

Thanks for confirming a January return. Is it going to consistently be three months on, three months off?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

That's the plan as far as I understand it.

The new issue is out, but I haven't read it yet.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

I'm very happy to have been wrong. Still a really horrible, noir-y thing to happen, but...I'm pretty excited.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

I'm really not sure what to make of it. It raises a lot of questions. Obviously, the benign explanations can probably be written out because it's a cliffhanger to the start of a new arc.

Have to say this was a very strong issue. I loved the way the first story ended. The themes were very strong. The second story had a lot of fun charm with just the right amount of foreshadowing for the ending. I hope this book is doing well and does well in physical form and can continue for years to come.