Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 ... LastLast
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Not a mini series.
    Says "1 of 3".
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Says "1 of 3".
    Kelly Thompson clarified on Twitter. It's an ongoing but it's gonna be separated by arcs/"seasons". It's 40 pages each issue so the equivalent of 6 issues in 3 months, with a hiatus until the next arc.
    https://twitter.com/79SemiFinalist/s...89913207980033

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Kelly Thompson clarified on Twitter. It's an ongoing but it's gonna be separated by arcs/"seasons". It's 40 pages each issue so the equivalent of 6 issues in 3 months, with a hiatus until the next arc.
    https://twitter.com/79SemiFinalist/s...89913207980033
    Ah. That makes sense.

Man, Marvel really didn't do a great job with this launch in terms of information or labelling. But I'm much happier with an ongoing for Jess!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Anyone pick up part two of this book? I thought this story did a good job of exploring themes of violence against women and controlling relationships with a comics twist that only Jessica Jones could do. Also, Elsa Bloodstone was a treat to have.

I am curious what they are and are not allowed to say in a mature readers book. It's clear they can't say the F-word, but I'm pretty sure Elsa had "shit" censored while Jessica did not. I could be wrong about that. Also, to my knowledge, this is the first time Spider-Man was allowed to appear in a book labeled as mature readers (even if it's the watered down modern Marvel mature reader books).
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Anyone pick up part two of this book? I thought this story did a good job of exploring themes of violence against women and controlling relationships with a comics twist that only Jessica Jones could do. Also, Elsa Bloodstone was a treat to have.

I am curious what they are and are not allowed to say in a mature readers book. It's clear they can't say the F-word, but I'm pretty sure Elsa had "shit" censored while Jessica did not. I could be wrong about that. Also, to my knowledge, this is the first time Spider-Man was allowed to appear in a book labeled as mature readers (even if it's the watered down modern Marvel mature reader books).
    I did read part two! I liked it - Thompson does a nice line in the balance of self destruction and growth (I said that last time, but it's such a hard balance it's still important to me). Enjoyed the fight with Elsa a ton. I didn't love the Peter cameo - it felt so generic, since Peter and MJ didn't actually do anything that couldn't have been someone else - no real power usage. I appreciate Jess's connection to Peter, but it didn't really give me pleasure past a reference.

I am really curious what Marvel's idea for this book's audience is - it's bright and appealing art, nothing shown that isn't PG-13, but they're still saying it's M. I do like the view of NYC in Marvelverse in a more noir-tinged perspective (I wonder if Marvel has stock images for MJ's apartment that both Jessica Jones and the Amazing Spider-Man art teams use as reference - the lighting was much more noir here than in Ottley's hands.)

Astonishing Member

Also, to my knowledge, this is the first time Spider-Man was allowed to appear in a book labeled as mature readers (even if it's the watered down modern Marvel mature reader books).
    I think Spider-Man may have had a cameo in the original ALIAS series. He definitely appeared as Peter Parker, in flashbacks to Jessica's origin story.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    I think Spider-Man may have had a cameo in the original ALIAS series. He definitely appeared as Peter Parker, in flashbacks to Jessica's origin story.
    I don't recall whether he appeared as Peter Parker, but he definitely never appeared as Spider-Man until The Pulse. In fact, Bendis specifically said the reason they were going from a Mature Audiences book to an All-Ages book was because characters like Spider-Man couldn't appear in Alias because a kid might pick the book up.

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Mighty Member

Man, I am LOVING this book! Thompson is nailing it, and I don't know the artist on this book, but Marvel needs to get him some more work ASAP.

I only just realised that the new series had started and is only digital I really hope it gets a physical release soon, would love to read this but really don't like reading comics digitally!
    Current Favourites: Ascender, Daredevil, Department Of Truth, Haha, Immortal Hulk, Luna and Strange Academy

Recent Favourites: Coffin Bound, Faithless, Gideon Falls and She Could Fly

They/Them

Can I get some deets on the Nico/Karolina narratives in this latest Jessica Jones, y'all?

I saw a scan that Jess is trying to reach Nico but I am dying to know why and what for and all the things. HAAALP!

Quote Originally Posted by LooneyKoala View Post
    I only just realised that the new series had started and is only digital I really hope it gets a physical release soon, would love to read this but really don't like reading comics digitally!
    I have heard that once the third issue is out, and the whole thing is collected, it will also be released as a physical trade (approximately 6 issues in length).

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Can I get some deets on the Nico/Karolina narratives in this latest Jessica Jones, y'all?

I saw a scan that Jess is trying to reach Nico but I am dying to know why and what for and all the things. HAAALP!
    It was just a couple of panels, I didn't notice anything further than Jess trying to get some information about Elsa, I believe. That was from the first issue, though - I didn't see anything in the second.

I don't recall whether he appeared as Peter Parker, but he definitely never appeared as Spider-Man until The Pulse. In fact, Bendis specifically said the reason they were going from a Mature Audiences book to an All-Ages book was because characters like Spider-Man couldn't appear in Alias because a kid might pick the book up.
    Was that retcon that she was there during the fight between Spider-Man and Sandman at Midtown from that Quesada backup in New Avengers (or was it ASM)?

I'm pretty sure the kid in glasses who Jessica was crushing on in high school, and who tried to comfort her after her family died in the car crash, was supposed to be Peter.

The only appearance I remember of Spider-Man in The Pulse was when he called her "Coma Girl."

The only appearance I remember of Spider-Man in The Pulse was when he called her "Coma Girl."
    I don’t think that was in The Pulse. I think that was in New Avengers after Peter revealed his identity to the team and Jessica realized they had gone to school together.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post

No spoilers, but honestly, there's not much to spoil. I think she's in like 1 or 2 panels and Jessica calls karolina to get Nico's number to get someone else's number.