Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728 LastLast
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Does Jessica have any rogues at all besides Purple Man - Killgrave?
    Jess is always her own worst rogue.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

How was Thompson's first vol/season of Jessica Jones? I'm trying to budget and cut back and this is on the chopping block. I feel like Bendis run might be a good place to leave it.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    How was Thompson's first vol/season of Jessica Jones? I'm trying to budget and cut back and this is on the chopping block. I feel like Bendis run might be a good place to leave it.
    I liked it

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    It was pretty good, though I felt the struggle to balance Jess's current life (stable, healthy, loving) with what makes a good JJ story - self destruction, isolation, self loathing. Art was very nice, though definitely a departure from anything in the Bendis run.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    This idea could be applied to a number of characters. (It just works exceptionally well with Jess, lol.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    This idea could be applied to a number of characters. (It just works exceptionally well with Jess, lol.)
    Of course! I just think that most of Jess's major conflicts don't really involve a villain who is fixated on her (except for Purple Man, who is someone else's villain, anyway) as much as her own trauma and problems threaten to overwhelm her.

Fantastic Member

Ok according to Kelly Thompson... Emma Frost the Black King is going to be making an appearance in Jessica Jones season 2, why she's there (other than Emma being one of her favorite characters) I have no clue.

Quote Originally Posted by brer rabbit View Post
    Ok according to Kelly Thompson... Emma Frost the Black King is going to be making an appearance in Jessica Jones season 2, why she's there (other than Emma being one of her favorite characters) I have no clue.
    Well, as a huge fan of Jess and Emma, that is incredibly exciting!

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    jessica needs a lot more villains.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    jessica needs a lot more villains.
    I would actually argue against this. I think the desire to try to make a big villain to match Killgrave was a big part of why season 2 of the show failed - Jessica doesn't need a big villain, after she's defeated Killgrave. She needs to live one day at a time, trying to make her own life and the lives of those around her better, but failing over and over again. She's noir, not really a full superhero. Superheros fight villains. Noir detectives fight themselves and the system.

Fantastic Member

So we got preview art of Kara Killgrave AKA The Purple Girl who will appear in Jessica Jones: The Purple Daughter arc.

(she has a Bob Cut now)

Did they ever explain why Jessica Jones looks like Krysten Ritter now (besides synergy)?

I don't think Jessica needs a rogues gallery but she could use a few ongoing antagonists.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SneakyLookingSort View Post
    Did they ever explain why Jessica Jones looks like Krysten Ritter now (besides synergy)?
    I mean, no, because that's the reason, but did you want them to take time out of the comic just to say she died her hair or something?
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I don't think Jessica needs a rogues gallery but she could use a few ongoing antagonists.
    I heard that Jessica can be compare to the Punisher in terms of "having" a rogues gallery is that outside of one or two characters Jessica doesn't really need to have one.

Also I'm curious as to what Kara Killgrave role in the Purple daughter arc will be as Kelly has stated that Kara will be several issues this arc.