Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Midnight View Post
    That series was incredible my favorite story was when Jessica Jones teamed with Jessica Drew to find Mattie Franklin. I only wish DC/Marvel had a team up with Jones & Drew teaming with the Birds of Prey that would have been awesome.
    I loved that arc too. I'm enjoying the current Spider-Woman series, but I wish it was more like what we got there than what we're getting. She should be the MU's Sherlock Holmes!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Reality View Post
    They've been talking to creators, but nothing's locked in yet. It could be anytime between now and the Defenders. I'd be shocked if she didn't have a book for herself by then. Meanwhile, she'll be a main cast member in Power Man and Iron Fist.
    Maybe Kelly Thompson should take a crack at it. And well, that's cool at least; her being on Power Man and Iron Fist.

Hi Guys, love the new appreciation thread however everyone is wondering why there is no Jessica Jones title and I think I know why. Its hard to tell an ongoing story with Jessica other than a case of the week like police drama's yes she had a ongoing (two of them actually) but for me its hard to do true Jessica when a) she is a mother the same age as Peter Parker b)she isn't a hero she really didn't want to be an avenger and to be far first chance she got she went and I find it amazing since she really wasn't a leader in the Mighty Avengers, don't get me wrong I love Jess and she regularly appears on my street level team (Avengers or Defenders what do you think) but after Kilgrave she doesn't want to be a hero so that could be part of it.
    Truth is the best policy

BANNED

But she'd have to pay the pills herself somehow besides Luke Cage. Hell, balancing say a private eye gig and motherhood could make for good storytelling when done right.

Quote Originally Posted by VolcanikTiger86 View Post
    Hi Guys, love the new appreciation thread however everyone is wondering why there is no Jessica Jones title and I think I know why. Its hard to tell an ongoing story with Jessica other than a case of the week like police drama's yes she had a ongoing (two of them actually) but for me its hard to do true Jessica when a) she is a mother the same age as Peter Parker b)she isn't a hero she really didn't want to be an avenger and to be far first chance she got she went and I find it amazing since she really wasn't a leader in the Mighty Avengers, don't get me wrong I love Jess and she regularly appears on my street level team (Avengers or Defenders what do you think) but after Kilgrave she doesn't want to be a hero so that could be part of it.
    I think Jess would work more in the vein of Atomic Robo.

And I am very much enjoying the show and look forward to adding her to my comics collection.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

isaacgoodhar

Ultimate Member

I think that it'd be interesting if they did a new volume of Alias, but set in the present. So much of the original book was about Jessica at her lowest point and dealing with her PTSD/unresolved trauma. Well you do a new book now, when she's at a much better place in life (she seems to have mostly gotten over her PTSD, or at least learned to deal with it better, she's happily married and has a kid, she's not alone anymore, etc). Then you compare/contrast how she handled situations back then vs. how she'd handle them now, it could be really interesting.

I'm also kind of surprised/disappointed that she'd apparently not in the new Power Man/Iron Fist book that they're working on. And as for the show, I'd really like Krysten Ritter to get some awards consideration (she's that fantastic). I know that it probably won't happen, but still a guy can dream.

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

Marvel Avengers Alliance, Spec Op 31

I like how she picks up random street stuff to hit the enemy with.
    Last edited by Londo Bellian; 11-25-2015 at 07:12 AM.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

isaacgoodhar
    It might be just an artist rendering, but I knew Krysten Ritter could pull off the Jewel costume .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It might be just an artist rendering, but I knew Krysten Ritter could pull off the Jewel costume .
    I think Trish's socks are the best part of the whole piece.

BANNED

Wow. The artists even Ritter and Taylor's looks down. It helps that it's a hilarious image. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post

Marvel Avengers Alliance, Spec Op 31

I like how she picks up random street stuff to hit the enemy with.
    Put that jacket on that costume and she'd strike a perfect balance between hero and ordinary, while looking great.

Also, Punisher007, she IS in Power Man and Iron Fist. Hard to not include the wife of a main character, especially with the baby factor. I think that's largley why she's not got an ongoing- she's been written into a supporting role.

Quote Originally Posted by VolcanikTiger86 View Post
    Jessica is one of those comic book characters who I think work better on TV or movies instead of comic books. Sort of like say Blade, who arguably was more sucessful as a movie franchise over a comic book one.

Certain characters go outside of the conventional comic book stuff of guys in tights punching out bad guys. There are still great stories to tell from characters like that, but they seldom can be told for long because in the comic medium they often don't sell well.

Even before the Net Flicks show I honesetly believed Jessica had more potential for a TV than 95% of the super heroes out there. Easily. But as a comic book... the way things in the market work for non-super hero characters you're lucky to go a year.

The other issue is that I think any Jessica Jones book will literally be haunted by Alias. That book was so good and so special (IMO at least) anything with her will always be compared to that. It's almost like trying to do a Watchman on-going... how the hell do you follow that up?

I HOPE I"m wrong because I'd love as much Jessica as I can get anywhwere I can get it... but if I can get a good amount in Heroes for Hire and possibly Defenders I can live with it.

I recently re-read Alias in preparation for the TV series and I just remembered how good this series was. Bendis really did something special with Jessica. As I was reading I realised how unfortunately most of the storylines couldn't be adapted in the series because there are too many interactions with characters and concepts of the MU, and that is sad. I really liked the story with Mattie Franklin and also the first one with Cap, but both are for different reasons impossible to adapt. Still, I can enjoy reading them again and again

Overall, I think that there isn't much to be told about Jessica nowadays. Like most characters that were monopolised by their creators, Jessica was almost exclusively used by Bendis (I seriously can't remember a story of her written by somebody else) and at the moment she doesn't have enough strength to support a solo series, IMHO. She doesn't have unique powers, she doesn't have much connections with the rest of the MU and she doesn't have many enemies.
    Plus, I think that at the moment Marvel isn't really going for a series with motherhood and issues like this, given how in the past couple of years they have been trying to break up most of the weddings. Spider-Woman is really an exception and in anyway it is too similar to what a series about Jessica would be.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Reality View Post
    I loved that arc too. I'm enjoying the current Spider-Woman series, but I wish it was more like what we got there than what we're getting. She should be the MU's Sherlock Holmes!
    No. Dakota North.