Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    As a big Carol fan, I love her friendship with Jessica, but like you said, she can still be friends with both. Right know Carol is constantly on space both in her solo and Ultimates and supporting more the other Jessica who is pregnant, so they could use that moment to develop Jessica and Patsy
    You'd think that if Carol and Drew were hanging out, they'd invite Jones... not only must Carol not get much time to see her these days, not only are Jess and Jess friends (if I recall from the New Avengers days), but Jones wrote the book on unexpected PI/superhero pregnancy.

She didn't even appear in the background of Drew's pregnancy party in Spider-Woman #1 I don't think, and even Squirrel Girl and Medusa and people like that were there. Somewhat baffling non-use of Marvel's shared universe.

BANNED

Must have been a huge oversight on everyone's part.

Amazing Member

I was thinking about it the other day

Jessica solo as a PI for supers and non supers could work

DD/Shukie are the lawyers of the MU

why cant JJ be the investigator

Quote Originally Posted by CCSlim View Post

She should start a firm. Jessica Jones, Jessica Drew, Ben Urich, Jamie Madrox, Patsy Walker. Perhaps someone Asgard and/or magic-related so they can cover every corner of the MU (thematically, if not geographically). Verity Willis from the recent Loki series would be a great asset for a detective agency.

Hell, call it Heroes for Hire, I'm sure Luke wouldn't mind.

Quote Originally Posted by CCSlim View Post

I think that if there is already one series with that premise, that wouldn't be another one similar. And I think right now the new solo of Spiderwoman is too similar to how a series on Jessica could be (there is also gonna be a kid eventually).

DD and She-Hulk, while both lawyers, deal with completely different cases, with Shulkie focusing only on superheroes and Nelson & Murdock being as close as real lawyers as possible.

The Netflix series has done wonders for this character, as well as for Kilgrave (Purple Man). Before the Netflix series Jessica was just another tragic hero but a C lister at best. Her own personal story didn't really matter much to me, and her connection to Luke Cage only made her marginally more noticeable, but after the success and might add mind blowing reception of the series (most forums that talk about the show do so glowingly.) I'm hoping Marvel rides this new wave of recognition on her behalf a gets her and her supporting cast up and running in some very similar comics to the netflix series. In other words, im definitely on board for a Luke Cage/Jessica Jones duo oriented book. I love the more down to Earth, street level vibe the show had, where no one was in tights of spandex, but the threats were definitely abnormal. JJ and LC probably my favorite couple right now in the MCU, and while that wasn't really the focus of her show, I admit I was excited every time they both shared screen time hoping they'd go on a tear through the city, just sharing witty rhetoric, and romantic innuendos while finding criminals and kicking ass would be so much fun.

Heroes for Hire with JJ should have been a thing... guess we'll have to see how Defenders plays out.
    And now I finally arrived.

toodrunktofindaurl
    Last edited by juan678; 11-30-2015 at 11:48 AM.

I'm in an odd position because I loved the show in many ways and I completely loved Ritter's Jones. So I'm a fan of MCU Jessica. And yet I have no knowledge of 616 Jones, since I don't read Bendis comics--fool me 15 times, shame on me--and he's the only one who's written her, right? And her current status is background character with the baby? Bendis domesticated her and that solves everything and so no more adventures because UGH BENDIS. This would be one situation where I would completely approve of the MCU changing a 616 character's status quo.

Quote Originally Posted by justinslot View Post
    I'm in an odd position because I loved the show in many ways and I completely loved Ritter's Jones. So I'm a fan of MCU Jessica. And yet I have no knowledge of 616 Jones, since I don't read Bendis comics--fool me 15 times, shame on me--and he's the only one who's written her, right? And her current status is background character with the baby? Bendis domesticated her and that solves everything and so no more adventures because UGH BENDIS. This would be one situation where I would completely approve of the MCU changing a 616 character's status quo.
    In all fairness since she lost her on-going title, making her a background character the books which at the time were the top selling ones in the entire industry wasn't really that bad for the character. You can do worse than being Luke Cages wife during Bendis Avengers era.

But as far as other people writing her... Heinberg used her a BIT in Young Avengers. And Ewing used her in his Mighty Avengers run.

BANNED

Perhaps Jessica Jones might guest star in an issue of A-Force?

Well Bendis created the character (and made her pregnant at the end of her first solo series), I can't really be mad at how he developed her.

To be honest, though its been a while since I read it, I think Bendis tried quite hard to find a balance between her being a mum and getting involved in Avengers stuff. They hire Squirrel Girl as a babysitter, which allows her to get involved in the team later on in the run. She's definitely been relegated to a supporting character since she lost her solo, which is hardly surprising for a recent character, but the whole derogatory "background character with the baby" description mostly comes from professed Cage fans who see her as "holding him back", some of whom hate her with a passion that often displays more than a hint of misogynistic overtones.

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Bendis made her pregnant?

i just realized who Krysten Ritter reminds me of... a like a grungy version of X-23.
    And now I finally arrived.