Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: Thor & Loki: The Tenth Realm, #1

This July, discover the startling secret that Original Sin will uproot for the worlds of Earth and Asgard alike! Today, Marvel is pleased to present your first look at Thor & Loki: The Tenth Realm #1 - the first issue in a game-changing limited series spinning directly out of Original Sin! From the blockbuster creative team of Jason Aaron, Al Ewing, Simone Bianchi and Lee Garbett comes the answers you've been waiting for!

The information the Watcher kept has revealed a long forgotten secret Odin wished would stay buried from Thor & Loki, two gods Odin raised as sons. But Odin had a secret. A daughter unknown until now, and the mystery of her arrival will unlock the secret behind the banishment of an entire realm!
    The long forgotten Tenth Realm has returned, and with it comes Angela - the lost daughter of Asgard! And her quest for revenge will cut a bloody swath through Asgard like no other!
    The sins of the father will be visited upon the children as Angela prepares for war! What is the secret of the Tenth Realm's banishment? And where has it been all this time? Find out as the sins of Asgard and Odin are unleashed this July in Thor & Loki: The Tenth Realm #1!

Full article here.

-I think this could be a good story, given how both Jason Aaron and Al Ewing are writing this
    -The characters are pretty cool, and I already know all of them
    - Nice to see old evil Loki is involved with this
    -The art looks great.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Not reading Thor currently, but doesn't Aaron's run involve a future 'King Thor', that has the Destroyer's arm? Maybe Angela, via epic battle of course, is the reason the Odinson is armless...? I think the idea of her being their sister is a fantastic idea.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Really looking forward to this. I've enjoyed Angela's introduction to the MU so far and I hope it continues in this.

Spectacular Member

I can't wait! Here's an image Lee Garbett posted on his twitter:

Bp34WBMCIAAJyhh.jpg

Really looking forward to this. I'm a huge Thor fan and I'm loving what Jason Aaron has been doing with Thor: God of Thunder and Al Ewing's Loki: Agent of Asgard has been a lot of fun too. With these two working on this, it should be great.

Marvel acquiring Angela has had me really interested, but her inclusion at the beginning with Guardians of the Galaxy was something I didn't pick up as I don't read Guardians and don't really have a desire too. I've been keeping up on it, but I picked up the latest book and flipped through it and didn't see her in it. Did she disappear from the book for now?

Anyways, her being included in Asgard books makes me happy because it does kind of make sense. Plus, I read anything Asgard related so this exciting too! Hope this means Odin makes a return.

Can't wait for this, really like Angela & enjoyed her in Guardians of the galaxy especially her banter with Gamora

Should be fun when the brothers meet their sister. Sounds like her & Thor might come to blows

Finding out more about the 10th realm should be interesting we only got a glimpse of it in Guardians

Said this on other thread about this but I'll be checking this out for sure due to Ewing's strong work on Mighty Avengers and Loki. Angela being related to Thor is kind of shaky but it could work I suppose.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Remember when Odin was ranting at Uatu at the start of Fear Itself? Now I'm wondering if Odin suspected he knew all along.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Remember when Odin was ranting at Uatu at the start of Fear Itself? Now I'm wondering if Odin suspected he knew all along.
    Marvel plans these stories of theirs 2 or even 3 years in advance, so I wonder when Matt Fraction wrote that bit, that he knew eventually Marvel would be tackling the Angela situation years later. Or maybe Marvel had no idea at the time because Angela wasn't theirs yet (or they had no idea Angela would even come their way) and it was merely coincidence. But it's fun to think that maybe Odin knew that Uatu (possibly the one to know outside of Odin and the All-Mother to know about Angela and the 10th Realm) knew about this big dark secret and he hated the fact that someone else knew and the danger to come with someone else knowing. Well, that danger came to pass and the secret is out!

Ultimate Member

Heck, Odin being a massive womanizer in his younger years was around at least since JMS's run, if not earlier. The man couldn't keep it in his pants. So I don't find the notion that Angela could be his child that hard to buy. I'm curious to see where she ends up at the end of this mini? Does she get her own book that ties into Asgard more, or does she become a more regular presence in the Thor/Loki book, etc? It'll be interesting to see.

Spectacular Member

In the interview, Al Ewing said something about Angela being able to kick Thor's butt "every day of the week and twice on Sundays" (paraphrased). IF they are actually related, then that doesn't sound in any way right. I'm a bit leary about how this is going to progress, given that information.

I love the artwork.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by pugbuddy View Post
    In the interview, Al Ewing said something about Angela being able to kick Thor's butt "every day of the week and twice on Sundays" (paraphrased). IF they are actually related, then that doesn't sound in any way right. I'm a bit leary about how this is going to progress, given that information.
    Why? We don't know the upper limits of her power yet, at least the MU version of her anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    Said this on other thread about this but I'll be checking this out for sure due to Ewing's strong work on Mighty Avengers and Loki. Angela being related to Thor is kind of shaky but it could work I suppose.
    This. I'm not a fan of Angela either, but I hope that Al Ewing will make this whole thing tolerable.