Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Spring event: welcome to pleasant hill

I just found out over on bleeding cool, that this event is going to encompass a lot more books than just the avengers titles; agents of shield, howling commandos of shield, and even uncanny inhumans will be a part of this. I'm not really interested in the story to start with, so i'm not happy that it's casting such a wide net across the mu. My pull list might get a bit smaller,come summer.
    Last edited by protege; 11-24-2015 at 06:33 PM.

Likely skipping this event entirely, despite being the only place Bucky is appearing post-SW. Just don't want to pay for all those crossover issues.

I mean...

Welcome To Pleasant Hill Prologue #1
    Assault On Pleasant Hill Alpha #1
    Agents Of SHIELD #3
    Agents Of SHIELD #4
    Uncanny Avengers #7
    All-New, All-Different Avengers #7
    All-New, All-Different Avengers #8
    New Avengers #8
    New Avengers #9
    New Avengers #10
    Captain America: Sam Wilson #7
    Captain America: Sam Wilson #8
    Uncanny Avengers #8
    Illuminati #6
    Howling Commandos #6
    Assault On Pleasant Hill Omega #1

Suppose it isn't bad for people who already read those issues, but for me personally, it's too much required read. I pass.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Ugh was really hoping my series would stay out of it. 5 issues of Uncanny Inhumans and they aren't even part of the main event! Are you kidding me!
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

Amazing Member

The story sounds interesting to me, but I don't buy those events with different parts in several different titles. If it had it's own mini I would probably get it, but as it is I'm leaning toward passing. Maybe they'll put the important parts in a single trade.

I wonder if this is also a set up for the Civil War event.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    Likely skipping this event entirely, despite being the only place Bucky is appearing post-SW. Just don't want to pay for all those crossover issues.

I mean...

Welcome To Pleasant Hill Prologue #1
    Assault On Pleasant Hill Alpha #1
    Agents Of SHIELD #3
    Agents Of SHIELD #4
    Uncanny Avengers #7
    All-New, All-Different Avengers #7
    All-New, All-Different Avengers #8
    New Avengers #8
    New Avengers #9
    New Avengers #10
    Captain America: Sam Wilson #7
    Captain America: Sam Wilson #8
    Uncanny Avengers #8
    Illuminati #6
    Howling Commandos #6
    Assault On Pleasant Hill Omega #1

Suppose it isn't bad for people who already read those issues, but for me personally, it's too much required read. I pass.
    SIXTEEN issues? Jesus. I'll pass too.

I think the story sounds interesting as well, not to mention I enjoy some crossovers like Black Vortex but odds are I'm picking this up in trade as I only read three of the series that will be involved and I'm not picking up all of these issues for one story.

However as I said the story seems to be pretty interesting and I've been enjoying Nick Spencer's run on Captain America: Sam Wilson, so maybe I'll change my mind later on.
    Last edited by sifighter; 11-24-2015 at 10:52 AM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

I don't dislike events. Sure, some are worse than others but each should be judged on it's own merits and I'm not part of the anti-event gang.

These type of events though, I'm really not a fan. I don't appreciate having to read the likes of Agents of SHIELD or Captain America just so I can understand what's going on in New Avengers or Howling Commandos. Also, these events tend to be pretty poor, BotA, Black Vortex, AvX(?) and Revolutionary War just feel so disjointed as they're passed between writers.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    I wonder if this is also a set up for the Civil War event.
    I was under the impression this is the Civil War event.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Well, im not sure either, but a interview said that this would be more like Black Vortex; besides, i dont think that Marvel is going to make that all the MCU characters turn to each other.
    Last edited by Ravin' Ray; 11-26-2015 at 04:40 PM. Reason: Removed reference to deleted post

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Sounds like nonsense. And since I'm a member of the Anti-Event Gang, I'll pass.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Bluebird

If it was, then we'd probably see that Civil War II image along with the other promo art released for Standoff.

Man, Marvel really likes their Alpha and Omega issues these days .

Marvel has had a dismal track record with events as of late, though I think Secret War has been better then most if still very flawed, so I can't say I'm expecting much from this even if Spencer is generally a good writer. I guess I'll follow it through the series I'm actually picking up, but otherwise I'm not sure where I stand with it.

I'm still pretty burned out on Marvel events in general.

BANNED

I'm not reading Agents of Shield, no matter what event it's part of. Pass.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Lucena Soares View Post
    Spencer said that the tie-ins are self-contained, it's just following a different character POV in thesame SMALL event. Plus it may not even be all those books, they announced a much smaller list for the event, do you really think that soule will spend a whole arc in tie-ins?
    Soule did spend a whole arc on AXIS so i can see this happening. I don't hate events in the books i'm pulling but i never buy the main events so i'm fine with this.
    Last edited by Ravin' Ray; 11-26-2015 at 04:41 PM. Reason: Removed third-party bashing reference