BANNED

Default Batman Comic 2015

Okay, so I've been away from Batman comics for just under a year. I missed issues 41-46, so I'm considering catching up by purchasing a lot containing those and the Annual #4. My questions are:

a) will I be able to get on track, or will I have to go back and buy more issues before the abovementioned to catch up and

b) is the latest Batman run worth catching up with? Or should I just go with Detective Comics' latest?

Any input on my catching up with a (worthwhile) Batman story would be massively appreciated.

Also curious about "Master Race).

BANNED

Red red wine it makes me feel so fine I wish my little bubsy wubsy would be mine all mine.

Starting back from #41 should be fine, and I've enjoyed it so far(even if the story is starting to get a little long in the tooth). Detective Comics has been much less consistent from what I understand(I only just started it on the previous storyline, though it just got a new writer recently who did the last 2 issues which were enjoyable).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    Starting back from #41 should be fine, and I've enjoyed it so far(even if the story is starting to get a little long in the tooth). Detective Comics has been much less consistent from what I understand(I only just started it on the previous storyline, though it just got a new writer recently who did the last 2 issues which were enjoyable).
    Thanks! I was really concerned there might be yet another set of cross over stories, etc. Looking forward to diving back in.

If you're looking to get back into Batman then I would certainly recommend the primary title over Detective Comics. I mostly enjoy Detective Comics but if it's one or the other then I don't think it stands up to Snyder and Capullo.

The Master Race... I think we're all at least a little curious about it. My hopes are high which could not be said when they first announced it so they've done something right in all of the press and hype.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by taylortexas View Post
    If you're looking to get back into Batman then I would certainly recommend the primary title over Detective Comics. I mostly enjoy Detective Comics but if it's one or the other then I don't think it stands up to Snyder and Capullo.

The Master Race... I think we're all at least a little curious about it. My hopes are high which could not be said when they first announced it so they've done something right in all of the press and hype.
    I'm a big fan of the "Owls" story line and just after. They lost me a little bit after that, but I still think they're capable of being a Dynamic Duo unto themselves.

I am one of the lucky people who have not read any of the Frank Miller Batman titles (love the Daredevil though). Lucky in that I'll get to experience them for the first time around Xmas, have to get one of the compendiums.