Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    Well, considering what secrets will probably come out in Aaron's Original Sin event I'm sure both characters will be out for each others blood thus further extending the nonsense that took place during of AvX. <shrugs shoulders>
    Speaking of which, is there any way that Uatu has not been aware both of the Incursions themselves, and the Illuminati's recent role in trying to stop them? Especially considering that he's made a hobby of looking at alternate Earths for far, far longer than they have?

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    Speaking of which, is there any way that Uatu has not been aware both of the Incursions themselves, and the Illuminati's recent role in trying to stop them? Especially considering that he's made a hobby of looking at alternate Earths for far, far longer than they have?
    He most likely knew about it, but seeing as how he's "the Watcher" he didn't care to do anything about it.
    On ye olde CBR

BANNED

I'd find it hard to believe that Uatu was in the dark about the Incursions or the the threat they posed to Earth. (or it's alternate counterparts) Whether he took action or not remains to be seen as the Original Sin event unfolds.

Hopefully Aaron pulls out all the stops on this story and brings the A-game mindset exhibited in his Thor book to this party.

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut Punch View Post
    Seeing as how the Norn used the magic of the Black Priests to summon alternate versions of himself to use in the spell, is it possible that the Black Priests are all alternate versions of one person? Doc Strange maybe?
    Seems like it. Perhaps other versions of Strange who soul there souls became the Black Priests. Just trying to imagine who would be more powerful than them as they purport the Ivory Kings to be. Like someone mentioned, they could be an alt universe version of our own Illuminati. Or perhaps, the inner circle of AIM?

I may be late to the party but I was wondering: Now that the Hulk is a member of the Illuminati, is it possible think at some point the World Breaker/Green Scar persona will be used at to end a world? I don't find it coincidental that Banner has now become a member. On a side note, now the Illuminati has 3/4 of the original members of the Defenders.

He most likely knew about it, but seeing as how he's "the Watcher" he didn't care to do anything about it.
    Given the number of far, far less important events for which he's broken the vow of non-interference, I find that rather hard to believe about the possible death of not just the universe, but the multiverse. You have read some stories in which Uatu has appeared, I assume?

Given the number of far, far less important events for which he's broken the vow of non-interference, I find that rather hard to believe about the possible death of not just the universe, but the multiverse. You have read some stories in which Uatu has appeared, I assume?
    And there are far more important events that he hasn't interfered with. Make of that what you will.
    On ye olde CBR

And there are far more important events that he hasn't interfered with. Make of that what you will.
    I make of it that the reason he does or doesn't interfere in a specific event has little to do with whether he cares to, since he evidently does care about some relatively minor things, and quite possibly more to do with whether he knows/can see that other competent parties are already resolving things, and/or that his own intervention wouldn't accomplish anything.

But the guy having a kid on the way, I doubt most of all that he doesn't care if his entire universe, race, and family get wiped out.

I don't know about more important than the death of the multiverse but I agree that Uatu usually picks and chooses where to interfere. He showed up when Parker Robins was threatening all of reality with the Infinity Gems yet he did nothing. He didn't appear at all when the Beyonder nearly destroyed the Earth and it took the Avengers, the Silver Surfer and the Molecule Man to put it back together. I'd say he's pretty selective.

I make of it that the reason he does or doesn't interfere in a specific event has little to do with whether he cares to, since he evidently does care about some relatively minor things, and quite possibly more to do with whether he knows/can see that other competent parties are already resolving things, and/or that his own intervention wouldn't accomplish anything.

But the guy having a kid on the way, I doubt most of all that he doesn't care if his entire universe, race, and family get wiped out.
    I don't think it's a matter of the Watcher knowing that the issue can be resolved or his own actions will amount to nothing. He's a Watcher sworn to observe and never interfere but he breaks his own oath quite often. I just think he has an affinity for certain people and gets involved. Plus there are other important events that he observes and he can't be everywhere at once.

He was watching when they used the Infinity Gauntlet, he must have seen why they were using it. He knows what happened to the Living Tribunal, he may think that there isn't much he can do.
    Also, it isn't like the Illuminati need him to appear to show them how bad things are going.
    Last edited by SuperBeetle; 05-04-2014 at 05:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymousmc View Post
    I may be late to the party but I was wondering: Now that the Hulk is a member of the Illuminati, is it possible think at some point the World Breaker/Green Scar persona will be used at to end a world? I don't find it coincidental that Banner has now become a member. On a side note, now the Illuminati has 3/4 of the original members of the Defenders.
    Hickman isn't one to drop references for no reason...

av28worldbreaker.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymousmc View Post
    The Green Scar isn't really the world breaking type, despite his nick name. It's not like the Illuminati need the fire power though. Between Sol's Hammer, the Phantom Planet, Doctor Strange, the Builder Weapon, and their Anti-Matter bombs, the Illuminati aren't lacking in ways to destroy a planet.
    On ye olde CBR

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I don't think it's a matter of the Watcher knowing that the issue can be resolved or his own actions will amount to nothing. He's a Watcher sworn to observe and never interfere but he breaks his own oath quite often. I just think he has an affinity for certain people and gets involved. Plus there are other important events that he observes and he can't be everywhere at once.
    Wouldn't his wife and kid be among those people? If the universe goes, so do they.

Wouldn't his wife and kid be among those people? If the universe goes, so do they.
    How long has his wife and kid been around? I don't think his wife and kid are just showed up yesterday in Marvel time. If they've been for some time, then he still didn't act when the universe was threatened before so why now?