Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Quote Originally Posted by brainwasher View Post
    Maybe Galileo was smarter than Reed
    How dare you Is it explicitly written somewhere in the comics that it's the 616-universe, though? Or is it something Hickman said?

Quote Originally Posted by ShaokhaN View Post
    How dare you Is it explicitly written somewhere in the comics that it's the 616-universe, though? Or is it something Hickman said?
    Not sure just how explicit this is, but there were certainly plenty of tie-ins to the backstory and tie-ins over in Secret Warriors, which Hickman was also writing at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaokhaN View Post
    Seriously? So now Galactus had already tried once to consume the Earth prior to his attack in FF #48, and he had another herald prior to the Silver Surfer that wasn't the Fallen One?! And we're supposed to believe that Galileo managed to repel him without any outside help when Reed Richards failed to do so? Utterly ridiculous, tbh.
    He didn't repel him, per se, he baked him a Counter-Earth for him to eat as a decoy.

It still contradicts FF #48 and lots of other Galactus history that suggests prior to that point he had mostly eaten uninhabited worlds.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    He didn't repel him, per se, he baked him a Counter-Earth for him to eat as a decoy.

It still contradicts FF #48 and lots of other Galactus history that suggests prior to that point he had mostly eaten uninhabited worlds.
    In Bryne's run it seemed that the Big G had eaten his fair share of inhabited planets

BANNED

Is it me or....if you read New Avengers #1 and then picked up this issue...you'd have lost no ground and completely understood everything going on? This story is crawling at a dead snails pace.

Quote Originally Posted by Serotonin View Post
    Is it me or....if you read New Avengers #1 and then picked up this issue...you'd have lost no ground and completely understood everything going on? This story is crawling at a dead snails pace.
    That's completely wrong. This has been a journey to get to them to this point. Showing the Infinity Gauntlet broken, Cap's expulsion, Black Panther's loss of status, the showing of the threats, etc.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    That's completely wrong. This has been a journey to get to them to this point. Showing the Infinity Gauntlet broken, Cap's expulsion, Black Panther's loss of status, the showing of the threats, etc.
    That wasn't my point. The point I was making was you could read issue #1 and then issue #17 and be kept up with the happenings of the title overall, you wouldn't be lost or feel the need to catch up with trades or back issues. Yes some small things aside from parrallel earths smashing into one another have occured, but not many. They used a DC idea from Identity Crisis to wipe caps mind and whore the idea out in the next summer event. That's about the only big thing to have been missed.

BANNED

They used a DC idea from Identity Crisis to wipe caps mind and whore the idea out in the next summer event.
    I hear this a lot but I don't understand. There are thousand of comic book and scifi stories that uses mindwipe, many dating decades before Identity Crisis, why one should consider this particular instance a copy of IC?

That wasn't my point. The point I was making was you could read issue #1 and then issue #17 and be kept up with the happenings of the title overall, you wouldn't be lost or feel the need to catch up with trades or back issues. Yes some small things aside from parrallel earths smashing into one another have occured, but not many. They used a DC idea from Identity Crisis to wipe caps mind and whore the idea out in the next summer event. That's about the only big thing to have been missed.
    If you only care about actual progression of the main plot then your point has some merit. If you care about storytelling, character development (or deconstruction as is more the case) and tension then I can't agree with you. But yes, it has been slow, but I think it has felt more so due to delays and slowed down shipping pace. Storytelling-wise, reading it back-to-back, I'm not sure it feels that slow.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by brainwasher View Post
    I hear this a lot but I don't understand. There are thousand of comic book and scifi stories that uses mindwipe, many dating decades before Identity Crisis, why one should consider this particular instance a copy of IC?
    Yeah, for it to properly rip off Identity Crisis Taskmaster has to single handedly beat a high-powered Avengers team acting like morons.